Protective for 3 weeks

Schakiaw

Protective styles lasting 3 weeks help

I have transition hair and I wanna try 6 months of protective styles but I want styles like twist up do and braid up do with my real hair no weave add.. I was wondering is it safe to get those styles ?and my thing is how would my regimen work .. If im doing protective styles that last 3 week for 6 months..
That's only me washing my hair once a month .. Would I gain length by doing this ?

Last edited:
Personally I can answer yes to your last question. manter26 can offer excellent feedback regarding the benefits of ps w/o weaves also. She has a blog & in the past she hosted braiding challenges.

Also, check out the twists/braids/buns - challenges for different regimens. Wishing you much success to your hair in the next six months as you can retain the growth.

The only question is can your scalp handle being cleansed only once a month or can it handle not having water but once a month. Everything else with your regimen will work fine. If you can keep your scalp cleanse and keep it and your hair moisturized you will be fine.

As Nomadiclady mentioned you can check out the twist/braid/bun challenge. You can also get some tips from the hide your hair thread.

To answer your last question, You should retain fine keeping your hair up.

faithVA should i still spray my hair with a moisturizing spray with the twist in ? As of now I'm using wave nouvea as a moisturizing spray any suggesting for a better one

faithVA should i still spray my hair with a moisturizing spray with the twist in ? As of now I'm using wave nouvea as a moisturizing spray any suggesting for a better one

Yes definitely spray to keep it moisturized. I don't have any recommendations for sprays. Everyone uses something different. There are plenty of braid sprays on the market. Some ladies use those straight or dilute them slightly if they mist more often. If you aren't going to wash weekly, you may want to dilute your wave nouvea and just use that.

Back