"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Hey Ladies! I really want to retain all of the length I can get in these last three months, been protective styling for a month and it works pretty well. Anyone want to join?

The Goal of this challenge is to protective style for the last three months of 2009 in hopes of retaining most or all of the length we gain.

Any Protective style is suitable, whether it be buns, braids, plaits, wigs, weaves etc...as long as it IS a protective style.

To add some difficulty to the challenge...we only have 5 heat passes. You shouldn't even use all of them...:look:

If you want to join me, please fill in these:

-My protective style of choice is ________
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every two weeks.

TIA Ladies...Lets GET IT! :gorgeous:

Members:

Poranges
prettyeyez0724
Chaosbutterfly
SvelteVelvet
pookaloo83
pinkundi3z
GlamGyrl81
cherepikr
Kusare
makeupgirl
BlackDiamond21
chebaby
Chameleonchick
bedazzled
BlackDiamond21
Anna9764
nevaeh
Bettina
natalie20121
Filmatic
Kellum
MrsSmitty77
exubah
donewit-it
CherieMarie
isawstars
mz. new~new
Heather0078
kandigyrl
Rocky91
anomcasm
ppg0069
ljamie4
Mattie26
SunkistDiva
MrsWatson
Maa Maa omo mti
DDTexlaxed
miss Congeniality
sheba1
rosa praeclara
Rocky_5
EccentricRed
Nappy_in_the_City
dr.j
MondoDismo
AvaSpeaks
CTBhair
Sade'
~Hair~Fetish~
Ashleescheveux
unique4lyfe33
jamoca5
Jenn22588
Mini mimi
justicefighter1913
ladysaraii
Barbie83
natalie20121
krissyprissy
blackbarbie986
amazing
princessnad
nadia13
Papoose
mtmorg
indiangirl313
Thick&Fine
Starronda

Last edited:
-My protective style of choice is Wigs
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Agreed
-I will update at least once every two weeks: Agreed

Hi, I would like to join.

My protective style will be wigs. I will commit to this challenge the full 3 months.
I will check in also biweekly. I agree no tto use any heat either.

Subscribing...lol

-My protective style of choice is Buns!
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months All months.
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules I do.
-I will update at least once every two weeks. So help me God.:lachen:

Great challenge idea, I'm excited!! :drunk:
Quick question though, are we going to be protectively styling 7-days a week?

I'm in, been protective styling for about a month as well only using heat twice.

-My protective style of choice is buns, may cornrow and wig it starting in Nov and into Dec as I'm on a 24 week stretch plan not relaxing until Jan, hope to be MBL by then.
-I will PS for ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules and try not to use heat at all.

I wanna join!

-My protective style of choice is Buns
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months All months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules Will do
-I will update at least once every two weeks. Will do

-My protective style of choice is Buns!
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months All months.
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules I do.
-I will update at least once every two weeks. So help me God.:lachen:

Great challenge idea, I'm excited!! :drunk:
Quick question though, are we going to be protectively styling 7-days a week?

5 out of 7 at least...unless there happens to be an emergency...:look:....try not to abuse your emergency card ladies..:rolleyes::rofl:

I want to join! :yep:

My protective style of choice is kinky twist extensions.
I will PS for ALL months.
I promise to adhere to the heat rules.
I will update at least once every two weeks.

It's going to be hard not to take these down early. I can't stand not being able to touch my real hair! :sad:

Poranges, should we post starting pics? Or not until the end?

Posting photos are absolutely optional, some people don't like to have their pictures on here. If you want to however, I think that would be great! Especially for comparison, I'm going to post at the end. :yep:

A big fat THANKS to all you ladies for joining me! :kiss:

I have a good feeling about our challenge! :D

Me too!

Are you ladies taking any vitamins/supplements? I'm taking Biotin, Flaxseed Oil, & Vitamin A. I'm going to start drinking more water too, about 120 oz. instead of the normal 64 oz. :yep:

-My protective style of choice is: Buns
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: All 3 months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: I do...
-I will update at least once every two weeks: I will :yep:

:gorgeous:
I don't post often but I'm soooo in on this challenge! I've also been on a workout kick as of late and have been wearing my hair in a bun more often as a result so this is right on time for me.

I would like to join.

-My protective style of choice is bunning
-I will PS for 3 months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules.

Happy Hair Growing.

Me too!

Are you ladies taking any vitamins/supplements? I'm taking Biotin, Flaxseed Oil, & Vitamin A. I'm going to start drinking more water too, about 120 oz. instead of the normal 64 oz. :yep:

I'm not currently on any supplements or vitamins, although I would love to start taking Biotin. When I go to drugstores, I look for it, but I can't find any...where do you buy yours?

I'm also working on upping my water intake. I'm currently drinking about 40-60 oz a day, although I'm trying to work my way up to consistently drinking 64 oz. :spinning: I need to find a good water filter, so I can safely drink tap water. I can't afford three bottles of water a day. And it's bad for the environment and all. :yawn:
What kind of benefits have you seen from drinking so much water everyday?

I'm not currently on any supplements or vitamins, although I would love to start taking Biotin. When I go to drugstores, I look for it, but I can't find any...where do you buy yours?

I'm also working on upping my water intake. I'm currently drinking about 40-60 oz a day, although I'm trying to work my way up to consistently drinking 64 oz. :spinning: I need to find a good water filter, so I can safely drink tap water. I can't afford three bottles of water a day. And it's bad for the environment and all. :yawn:
What kind of benefits have you seen from drinking so much water everyday?

I purchase my vitamins online @ vitaminworld.com. I also want to start taking Chlorella or Spirulina at the beginning of next year. I've heard sooo many rave reviews & results about both of those.

I hear you about the water. I used to be a Sweet Tea & Diet Pepsi addict, it was a struggle for me to drink two 8 oz. glasses of water a day. :perplexed I started drinking the flavored waters from Wal-mart but since then, I drink plain water like it's nothing. The benefits I have seen so far is clearer skin, hair growth & hair strength.

-My protective style of choice is pixie braids and medium twists
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules Yup~!
-I will update at least once every two weeks. Okays
I will pose picture update at the end.

I purchase my vitamins online @ vitaminworld.com. I also want to start taking Chlorella or Spirulina at the beginning of next year. I've heard sooo many rave reviews & results about both of those.

I hear you about the water. I used to be a Sweet Tea & Diet Pepsi addict, it was a struggle for me to drink two 8 oz. glasses of water a day. :perplexed I started drinking the flavored waters from Wal-mart but since then, I drink plain water like it's nothing. The benefits I have seen so far is clearer skin, hair growth & hair strength.

Really?! One of the girls on my hall is the queen of vitamin world. :lachen:There's one about 40 minutes away by train. When she goes back there to stock up, I'll tag along. Thanks for the info!

Oh yes...Arizona's sweet tea is especially delicious. I'm still handling my addiction to that. They started selling it in the cafeteria in 32 ounce jugs, and it's so hard to pick the water sometimes. :nono: But I need some clearer skin...I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen in a long time, and she commented on the fact that my skin was looking a little rough. I was like..thanks. :rolleyes:

-My protective style of choice is wigs, buns, ponytails
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months all 3 months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules agreed
-I will update at least once every two weeks. agreed

? exactly what are we updating on?

I wanna join but I have to wait a couple of weeks to start :(

The most important reason is that I may have some job stuff coming up and right now what I want to do (crochet braids) wont fly :nono: and secondly, I have a vaca coming up toward the end of Oct which is when I plan on starting my protective style regiment. I am hoping to maintain this type of protective style for the whole winter. I want to keep it in braids until maybe Mar - never gone that long in braids before :ohwell:, the thought is making me nervous.

Please let me know if I can join or no.

TY!
BD21

I wanna join but I have to wait a couple of weeks to start :(

The most important reason is that I may have some job stuff coming up and right now what I want to do (crochet braids) wont fly :nono: and secondly, I have a vaca coming up toward the end of Oct which is when I plan on starting my protective style regiment. I am hoping to maintain this type of protective style for the whole winter. I want to keep it in braids until maybe Mar - never gone that long in braids before :ohwell:, the thought is making me nervous.

Please let me know if I can join or no.

TY!
BD21

You can, just select 1 or 2 for participation time! :grin:

-My protective style of choice is wigs, buns, ponytails
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months all 3 months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules agreed
-I will update at least once every two weeks. agreed

? exactly what are we updating on?

How your hair is doing, change of style...stuff like that.

i will join
im natural so my style of choice will be cornrows, braids, twists.
i will not use any heat and i will be on this challenge for the full 3 months.

How your hair is doing, change of style...stuff like that.

oh ok, I will definitely do that. I thought I was updating with pics and I don't have my camera yet and my camera phone doesn't email. Thanks! I"m looking forward to participating :grin:

Really?! One of the girls on my hall is the queen of vitamin world. :lachen:There's one about 40 minutes away by train. When she goes back there to stock up, I'll tag along. Thanks for the info!

Oh yes...Arizona's sweet tea is especially delicious. I'm still handling my addiction to that. They started selling it in the cafeteria in 32 ounce jugs, and it's so hard to pick the water sometimes. :nono: But I need some clearer skin...I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen in a long time, and she commented on the fact that my skin was looking a little rough. I was like..thanks. :rolleyes:

There's a Vitamin World like 30 minutes away from campus but I try to avoid going in the store because I will spend more time in there then I intended to! :lachen::lachen:

Hmm, that was kind of off for her to say that...especially if you haven't seen her in a long time. :ohwell: I would have said something, but you're better than me lol! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

There's a Vitamin World like 30 minutes away from campus but I try to avoid going in the store because I will spend more time in there then I intended to! :lachen::lachen:

Hmm, that was kind of off for her to say that...especially if you haven't seen her in a long time. :ohwell: I would have said something, but you're better than me lol! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ummmm just from browsing online, I can already see that there are going to be some issues. They have so many stuff that I've been wanting to try. I'll probably not go until the next two paychecks come in...just to be safe. :spinning:

And yeah, it was off for her to say that...but she's always been the kind of friend who says what she wants to say. It nice, because it works both ways. If she likes your outfit, she'll say such nice things about it. But if your teeth are yellow...she will go there. :nono: :lol:

-My protective style of choice is wigs, buns, weaves
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL monthsALL
-I promise to adhere to the heat rulesYes
-I will update at least once every two weeks.Yes

Back