Problem with tangles in hair

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple"> I've never had so many tangles before, all of a sudden my hair is developing tangles even once it's dried, I find at least one section of tightly knotted hair every day, almost like someone took three strands and tied them together. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm about 3 months since my last relaxer and after I rollerset the roots are wavy and tangle free, the tangles are usually half or more down the length of my hair not near the root except for when my hair is wet. I bought Aussie Detangler and used it after I conditioned, but it didn't seem to provide much slip.
Does anyone know what it means when your hair tangles alot? I can't remember if it means too much protein, too little protein, overprocessed, etc? Any opinions would be really appreciated!!

Thanks! </font>

These are a few things that help me with tangles:
-Hot oil treatment before shampooing
-Deep conditioner after shampooing
-Keeping the hair in sections while applying the products.
-rollersetting/ or using multiple ponytails to set the hair
-Using my fingers more than the comb.

The thing that I realized was that the comb had a lot to do with how much my hair tangled. It sounds strange, but its true. When you comb through the length, your hair will bounce back slightly and sometimes wrap around itself and other strands causing tangles and knots.

I posted something a while back called "was it Andre" that lists more specifically how I dealt with these problems. But the key is definitely in starting with either a hot oil or a really softening pre conditoning treatment.

HTH

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does anyone know what it means when your hair tangles alot? I can't remember if it means too much protein, too little protein, overprocessed, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering and would like to know the same thing too...I know I read somewhere that it can be too much protein can give you tangles....not sure though.

<font color="purple"> Thanks Notsomebody, that was very helpful!

Allandra, I will check out the thread you mentioned.

Valleygirl, I remember hearing the same thing too that too much protein can cause tangles because it makes the hair kind of hard, but I've cut out the protein and my hair is soft, but of course I still get tangles even once it's dry! /images/graemlins/confused.gif</font>

Too much product buildup can be the cause for tangles too.
I still think that one of the best detanglers after washing&amp;conditioning is Pantene leave in spray.
Nay.

Back