Tangles in my TWA? Help

Royalq

Hello ladies of LHCF! Im a newbie.
So i big chopped at the end of June and had 2.5 inches of hair. Tangles werent an issue for me because my hair was too short to tangle around itself. Now 2 months later im starting to notice that my hair is getting tangles that are hard to get apart, resulting in breakage. My hair is long enough to tangle but too short to put it in a set style. What should i o? Please help me

Hello ladies of LHCF! Im a newbie.
So i big chopped at the end of June and had 2.5 inches of hair. Tangles werent an issue for me because my hair was too short to tangle around itself. Now 2 months later im starting to notice that my hair is getting tangles that are hard to get apart, resulting in breakage. My hair is long enough to tangle but too short to put it in a set style. What should i o? Please help me

What products are you using in your regimen?

Have you tried something like Infusium 23 or one of the glycerin sprays for a little moisture.

I cowash daily, i alternate between Mane n Tail conditioner and a couple other moisturizing conditioners. I make a mix of a spray mosturizer that has glycerin in it. My hair is very well moisturized and a i baggy every night. my hair isnt dry, it just tangles up, it feels like the 4a in my hair just coils around each other and tangles

When are you detangling? I've just recently disovered the wonders of combing in the shower (using a shower comb) with a head full of conditioner.

It's awesome. :heart2:

When cowashing, I let the conditioner sit on my head for about 5-10 minutes while in the shower. Before rinsing, I let the water spray on my head for a second to re-wet it and massage it in a little bit more. Then I pull out the comb and get to detangling. It's soooo incredibly easy this way. :reddancer:

I detangle with a thick creamy conditioner in my head, i found that it did help but my hair was still tangling a little at the ends

Try twisting at night, adding Shea to the ends and wrap it in satin. HTH!

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Nonie lol i sure do sleep with loose hair, i read you post about scurl and plaiting. Thats why i said my hair isnt dry because i already use your beloved scurl:lol:. But twists take almost 2 hours and when im tired the thought of twisting my hair is daunting. Im will try plaiting my hair and see if it helps. Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

@Nonie lol i sure do sleep with loose hair, i read you post about scurl and plaiting. Thats why i said my hair isnt dry because i already use your beloved scurl:lol:. But twists take almost 2 hours and when im tired the thought of twisting my hair is daunting. Im will try plaiting my hair and see if it helps. Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

@Royalq I wouldn't twist either. When I twist, I mean for the style to last longer than just one night. Braiding is quicker to do and undo and a comb goes through hair after braiding without a need to untwirl. Just undo and it's ready for combing...as long as your hair was combed when you put it into the braids.

I hope you read in that thread where I reprimanded OP for sleeping with hair loose. It was that part of the thread I wanted you to focus on. And if you indeed read THAT thread in particular before, why in the name of all that is sane would you be sleeping with lose hair? :spank: Did I stutter? *Gets a bigger stick:bat: to whack OP again* :spank:

Braiding will make your hair also stretch a bit more than twisting...which makes combing out easier.

This is the puff I'd get if I twisted my hair:
PicturePufffrom022107-vi.jpg

This is the puff I'd get if I braided my hair:
Day3Puffforhubbyspleasure-vi.jpg

@Royalq I wouldn't twist either. When I twist, I mean for the style to last longer than just one night. Braiding is quicker to do and undo and a comb goes through hair after braiding without a need to untwirl. Just undo and it's ready for combing...as long as your hair was combed when you put it into the braids.

I hope you read in that thread where I reprimanded OP for sleeping with hair loose. It was that part of the thread I wanted you to focus on. And if you indeed read THAT thread in particular before, why in the name of all that is sane would you be sleeping with lose hair? :spank: Did I stutter? *Gets a bigger stick:bat: to whack OP again* :spank:

Braiding will make your hair also stretch a bit more than twisting...which makes combing out easier.

This is the puff I'd get if I twisted my hair:
PicturePufffrom022107-vi.jpg

This is the puff I'd get if I braided my hair:
Day3Puffforhubbyspleasure-vi.jpg

*fearful memories of childhood rapidly coming to mind* I read it a while ago when my hair was too short to consider plaiting. I'll do it alright, just put the stick away sheesh :lol:

*fearful memories of childhood rapidly coming to mind* I read it a while ago when my hair was too short to consider plaiting. I'll do it just alright, just put the stick away sheesh :lol:

OK. Stick been tossed. :angel:

:lol: at the whoopin' going on in here.

How long does it take you to cornrow? Perhaps you can throw in a 4-5 cornrows at night.

I also like banding. It only takes me about 10 minutes to put my hair in 3 banded ponytails at night. For shorter hair, it may take 6-10 ponytails. But you can just part with your fingers and go from there.

GL!

i have a similar issue. my hair has just gotten long enough to canerow and its still struggling at that so I keep my hair in braids. Crochet/yarn/box. This is the only time i don't get ssk's

Back