tangles, why wont u go away?

AfroKink

So last night I took my hair, put it into sections, sprayed it with some braid spray and detangled with my fingers, followed by a widetooth comb. Then I twisted the section, and went onto the next piece. So my hair was in about 15-20 twists. I then conditioned my hair with Aubrey's GPB then one of their moisturizing conditioners. After I opened each twist, smoothed on some shea butter and twisted it back up. Why this morning is my hair full of tangles? When I took down the twists it was like the strands were trying to fuse themselves together. Tangles at the ends, tangles at the roots, tangles along the length GAHHH

anyone know how i can fend off tangles?

Lys

So last night I took my hair, put it into sections, sprayed it with some braid spray and detangled with my fingers, followed by a widetooth comb. Then I twisted the section, and went onto the next piece. So my hair was in about 15-20 twists. I then conditioned my hair with Aubrey's GPB then one of their moisturizing conditioners. After I opened each twist, smoothed on some shea butter and twisted it back up. Why this morning is my hair full of tangles? When I took down the twists it was like the strands were trying to fuse themselves together. Tangles at the ends, tangles at the roots, tangles along the length GAHHH

anyone know how i can fend off tangles?

Lys

Hi MissAyssa
Why did you condition after doing the twist and, not detangle your hair when it was full of conditionner ?

No hair expert by any means.. but it sounds like either your cuticles are damaged, still raised when you dried or not smooth in a uniformed direction to dry. IMO either one of these can cause excessive hair tangles.

If damaged- deep protein conditioner (try keratin) and a light silicon leave in
If raised- AVC rinse and/or rinse in cold water and a light silicon leave in
Smooth hair in a uniform directions to dry.

*silicon if your hair 'likes' silicon*

HTHs!

may be you should try some lacio lacio it all ways help me?and its a great air dry roller set too:yep: now that i am :afro:it still work or try afo detangler that great also. no tangles or knots lacio comes from the bss the afo detangler come from a web site, goog luck. i am sure somebody will come on in here and tell you what they use.:yep:

Hi MissAyssa
Why did you condition after doing the twist and, not detangle your hair when it was full of conditionner ?

I wanted to get all the shed hair out so it wouldnt get tangled with the rest...

Lys

ok may be you should detangle your hair , condition and then twist or detangle after putting conditionner on your hair and then twist your hair so your twist will not tangle:look:

I read on Cathy Howse's website that if you are experiencing tangles it could be from combing your hair while it is wet. I always use a detangling shampoo (keracare hydrating) and closer to touch up time use Biolage leave in tonic. It's in a spray bottle so it's easy to apply and detangles my hair. Don't fight with your tangles. Do low manipulation hairstyles inbetween wash/conditions.

Back