Pregnant? I'm too Old!

kayte

I believe I know how Sarah in the Bible must have felt when she was told that she was pregnant. "Pregnant? Me? No way, I'm too old!"

I felt too old to be this way in the natural. In the spirit, I felt as if I were too old and too tired to get excited about the word I was hearing. When I was younger, a message of this kind would have excited me for days, weeks, and perhaps months, yet this time I could not grab it for five seconds. Too many unfulfilled dreams lay in the dust. There were too many prophecies that seemed lost, and I felt powerless to believe them any longer.

I am not pregnant in the natural, but I have been told many times that I am pregnant in the spiritual. I recently heard a women's minister talk about being pregnant in the spiritual realm. She told of how God has impregnated us with ministry and how one day this ministry would be birthed.
As I shared my feelings with a friend the next day, the Holy Spirit tugged on my heart. I could hear myself as I spoke those words of defeat and discouragement. I thought of Sarah in Genesis chapter 18 when she was told in her old age she would be pregnant and bear a son:
"Where is your wife Sarah?" they asked him. "There, in the tent," he said. Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?" Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, `Will I really have a child, now that I am old" (Genesis 18: 9-13, NIV)?
Sarah was having a hard time believing that what God was promising her would really come true. But the next verse is what Sarah needed to hear, and it is what I needed to be reminded of also:
"Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son" (Genesis 18:14, NIV).
Those words brought life back into my spirit. Is anything too hard for God? Can I truly walk in a calling that was placed over my life -- even before I was born -- now that I am mature? Will God keep His word He impregnated me with years ago? Could it really happen?

I had not realized I had given up on the vision God had given me for my life. I had been busy doing the routine things with vigor. Yet, in my heart, I longed for much more. I wanted to be used by God and see His power flowing from me to others in need. I craved the anointing of God to preach and teach His Word to those who needed to hear about the God of Love. The Scripture in Isaiah had for years rung in my ears:
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound" (Isaiah 61:1, KJV).
I must not give up, and neither should you. Whatever God has spoken into your life, don't let go of it. Keep your vision clear and continue to believe. Nothing is impossible with God. Nothing can stop us from receiving all God has promised us except our doubt and unbelief.

Yes, I'm pregnant -- pregnant with renewed faith, hope, and promise. You can be,too

Martha Noebel

Last edited:

sidney

I believe I know how Sarah in the Bible must have felt when she was told that she was pregnant. "Pregnant? Me? No way, I'm too old!"

I felt too old to be this way in the natural. In the spirit, I felt as if I were too old and too tired to get excited about the word I was hearing. When I was younger, a message of this kind would have excited me for days, weeks, and perhaps months, yet this time I could not grab it for five seconds. Too many unfulfilled dreams lay in the dust. There were too many prophecies that seemed lost, and I felt powerless to believe them any longer.

I am not pregnant in the natural, but I have been told many times that I am pregnant in the spiritual. I recently heard a women's minister talk about being pregnant in the spiritual realm. She told of how God has impregnated us with ministry and how one day this ministry would be birthed.
As I shared my feelings with a friend the next day, the Holy Spirit tugged on my heart. I could hear myself as I spoke those words of defeat and discouragement. I thought of Sarah in Genesis chapter 18 when she was told in her old age she would be pregnant and bear a son:
"Where is your wife Sarah?" they asked him. "There, in the tent," he said. Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?" Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, `Will I really have a child, now that I am old" (Genesis 18: 9-13, NIV)?
Sarah was having a hard time believing that what God was promising her would really come true. But the next verse is what Sarah needed to hear, and it is what I needed to be reminded of also:
"Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son" (Genesis 18:14, NIV).
Those words brought life back into my spirit. Is anything too hard for God? Can I truly walk in a calling that was placed over my life -- even before I was born -- now that I am mature? Will God keep His word He impregnated me with years ago? Could it really happen?

I had not realized I had given up on the vision God had given me for my life. I had been busy doing the routine things with vigor. Yet, in my heart, I longed for much more. I wanted to be used by God and see His power flowing from me to others in need. I craved the anointing of God to preach and teach His Word to those who needed to hear about the God of Love. The Scripture in Isaiah had for years rung in my ears:
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound" (Isaiah 61:1, KJV).
I must not give up, and neither should you. Whatever God has spoken into your life, don't let go of it. Keep your vision clear and continue to believe. Nothing is impossible with God. Nothing can stop us from receiving all God has promised us except our doubt and unbelief.

Yes, I'm pregnant -- pregnant with renewed faith, hope, and promise. You can be,too

Martha Noebel

I think you will be blessed to read the story about Anna in the bible. I was going to post in the thread about "women of the bible" but read her story. You will be encouraged.

ETA: I typed a summer in that thread from what I remember about Anna, but double check the story because i haven't read it in years.

Last edited:

Guitarhero

You are some writer!!! Please PM the titles of your books! What a wonderful way to put it. And the siggy...I can see you living in Paris, writing.

kayte

You are some writer!!! Please PM the titles of your books! What a wonderful way to put it. And the siggy...I can see you living in Paris, writing.

Thank you...I do not deserve the compliments....
I ALWAYS try to credit the writer..which I did
but you are so kind ...you probably missed it
Martha Noebel wrote the article

Please PM the titles of your books!
I'm a little shy...I've shared with a few members
but give me some time...and probably I will

kayte

I think you will be blessed to read the story about Anna in the bible. I was going to post in the thread about "women of the bible" but read her story. You will be encouraged.

If I remember...Anna was a prophetess who was married for seven years and then widowed and never married again...and spent her entire life in the temple. I love her dedication to God and that part is inspiring...
She essentially lived the life of a modern day nun.....and that's where the identification for me diverges....but I can see how some women who have no desire to marry
could be encouraged....do you feel a strong identification with Anna?

I find RUTH...to be beautiful source of encouragement :)

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
kayte, so interesting that you should post this. I mentioned in the random thoughts thread that I had been seeing pregnant women all over the place and felt it was a sign of something. After further meditation and research, and after a really good day, I realized that I feel pregnant in a spiritual sense, regarding ministry and a new spiritual season.

2.) Weighty or significant; full of meaning: a conversation occasionally punctuated by pregnant pauses.

3.) Of great or potentially great import, implication, or moment: “It was a politically pregnant time in Poland” (New York).

5.) Having a profusion of ideas; creative or inventive.

6.) Producing results; fruitful: a pregnant decision.

HeChangedMyName

Luke 1

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
39And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Guitarhero

Thank you...I do not deserve the compliments....
I ALWAYS try to credit the writer..which I did
but you are so kind ...you probably missed it
Martha Noebel wrote the article

I'm a little shy...I've shared with a few members
but give me some time...and probably I will

LOl! I skimmed it to save for later. But the concept is fabulous. Very encouraging.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Good thing I read the thread, first! I was about to yell congratulations!:lachen: You always keep us thinking good thoughts.:yep:

kayte

Good thing I read the thread, first! I was about to yell congratulations!:lachen: You always keep us thinking good thoughts.:yep:

LOLOLOLOLOL:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ahhhhh...yell anyways
Hallelujah...:yep:
Amen?

my mom says in advance clap your hands and shout praise of thanks
congratulate each other...in advance in gratitude...

Last edited:

kayte

kayte, so interesting that you should post this. I mentioned in the random thoughts thread that I had been seeing pregnant women all over the place and felt it was a sign of something. After further meditation and research, and after a really good day, I realized that I feel pregnant in a spiritual sense, regarding ministry and a new spiritual season.

This is so beautiful...very encouraging..

Luke 1

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
39And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
:yep:
so is this....