Nothing is too hard for God ..even if it is for me

kayte

Streams in the Desert

Today's Devotional
September 14

Nothing is Too Hard

"Is there anything too hard for Jehovah?" (Gen. 18:14).

Here is God's loving challenge to you and to me today.

[I]He wants us to think of the deepest, highest, worthiest desire and longing of our hearts, something which perhaps was our desire for ourselves or for someone dear to us, yet which has been so long unfulfilled that we have looked upon it as only a lost desire, that which might have been but now cannot be, and so have given up hope of seeing it fulfilled in this life. [/I]

That thing, if it is in line with what we know to be His expressed will (as a son to Abraham and Sarah was), God intends to do for us, even if we know that it is of such utter impossibility that we only laugh at the absurdity of anyone's supposing it could ever now come to pass. That thing God intends to do for us, if we will let Him.

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" Not when we believe in Him enough to go forward and do His will, and let Him do the impossible for us. Even Abraham and Sarah could have blocked God's plan if they had continued to disbelieve.

The only thing too hard for Jehovah is deliberate, continued disbelief in His love and power, and our final rejection of His plans for us. Nothing is too hard for Jehovah to do for them that trust Him --

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Where do you get these? Can I subscribe in my inbox? This message was touched upon just Sunday. G-d's ways are His ways and sometimes, the path He has for us is not what the world would consider prudent. Can you give the urls? I think you have the talent of timing!

kayte

Where do you get these?
As a Christian,I subscribe to numerous devotionals..like many of us do...
to stay in THE WORD

Can you give the urls?
..if I forget a url..I usually include the name of the person/writer or source of the article
for CF reference... this particular devotional is included in many
websites...
and any article I post..is easy enough to google..

when I googled this one this time ..... for example ..these 3 came up

Streams in the Desert Daily Devotional from Mrs. Charles Cowman ...Read Streams in the Desert daily devotional from Charles Cowman. Free online classic daily Bible devotions from missionary pioneer, writer, and Christian ...
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/desert/ - Cached - Similar -

Streams in the Desert DevotionalsStreams in the Desert Devotionals. In this site, we publish the devotionals of Charles E. Cowman, that are known as "Streams in the Desert". ...
in.geocities.com/gloryofhiscross/ - Cached - Similar -

Today's Devotional - Back to the BibleThe public domain version of this classic devotional is the unabridged edition of Streams in the Desert. This first edition was published in 1925 and the ...
www.backtothebible.org/index.php/.../charles_cowman

I think you have the talent of timing!
I submit as a new thread at the urging of the SPIRIT OF GOD :)
if it has immediacy for me it..then it probably does
for at least one other person...

below url is one of my personal online references for Streams in the Desert
(I actually have a prior thread already posted and listing this particular URL as an important
spiritual reference}
but the hard cover book was given as a gift to me by mother years ago during a horrible break up when she would read to me devotions from California over the phone and we'd pray them together
as a source of comfort and hope..until she sent me my own gift copy

which is how
"I got these" lol...

I check the online reference of this only because I already know the book from my mom

http://www.ewordtoday.com/

HTH

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Thank you for citing the url. I'm familiar with others like AISH.com and you can subscribe and receive daily words of wisdom in your email.