Plant Shampoo and Conditioner..my shedding gone!

I still do really love this shampoo/conditioner, but I don't use it often enough because you have to allow the shampoo/conditioner to stay on the hair for 5 minutes each time and I'm too impatient. Now that my Aveda is on hiatus until after my stretch is over, I think I'mma start alternating between this and Elucence and ORS and save MNT conditioner for my CW's.

I still do really love this shampoo/conditioner, but I don't use it often enough because you have to allow the shampoo/conditioner to stay on the hair for 5 minutes each time and I'm too impatient. Now that my Aveda is on hiatus until after my stretch is over, I think I'mma start alternating between this and Elucence and ORS and save MNT conditioner for my CW's.

Is the shampoo stripping? Does the conditoner provide slip and moisture?

I've been using the shampoo, and it's not stripping at all to me. I like it. I try to leave it on for the recommended 5 minutes, although sometimes I'm a little impatient (like Serenity Peace).

I haven't used the conditioner, so I can't comment on that.

Is the shampoo stripping? Does the conditoner provide slip and moisture?

Both the shampoo and conditioner are FANTASTIC! Even the shampoo provides slip and the conditioner is awesome as well. I was definitely recommend these products. For those of you who have black dye, they also have the black shampoo/conditioner set for that. The products are very great! I just need more patience. :yep:

I just got excited to go ahead and try this. Wish I could run over to church ave, right now! My shedding has been a mystery that has still yet to be solved. If this stuff works, lawd I will be one happy lady indeed. Thanks for posting this and thank u to the others that posted this before as well.

By the way, did u airdry???

Last edited:
I just got excited to go ahead and try this. Wish I could run over to church ave, right now! My shedding has been a mystery that has still yet to be solved. If this stuff works, lawd I will be one happy lady indeed. Thanks for posting this and thank u to the others that posted this before as well.

By the way, did u airdry???

Yes, I always airdry because I'm not going to use heat unless it's absolutely necessary (like, for the wedding I'm attending in November). The key to airdrying is to add a good moisturizing leave-in, sealing with a nice oil. I use castor oil on the ends only. I do not comb until the hair is about 80% dry. Then, add more moisturizer, sealing with oil. Then, do the scarf method (courtesy of Sylver2 :kiss:) where you try a silk scarf around the hair, then put a bonnet over it. Some people use one roller to protect and secure the ends. This method really works for airdrying. As our hair gets longer, the method gets better cuz then you can experiment airdrying with twists, braids and large bantu knots. Many ladies do this already with shorter hair, but I find doing so is a challenge for my fine, delicate strands, so I try to avoid a lot of manipulation particularly when the hair is still wet or damp. That saves me so much hairloss, I can't begin to tell you.:yep:

Hi. Did you ever get the Black Plant Hair shampoo and conditioner? If so, how do you like it?

Hi. Did you ever get the Black Plant Hair shampoo and conditioner? If so, how do you like it?

Yes, I did! It's fantastic, especially for ladies who want to keep their hair dark. It conditions very well, even the shampoo and is not stripping. That's the most important thing. Both the shampoo and condition moisturize nicely.

Yes, I did! It's fantastic, especially for ladies who want to keep their hair dark. It conditions very well, even the shampoo and is not stripping. That's the most important thing. Both the shampoo and condition moisturize nicely.

Thanks! I just called them to see if Plant Black Hair came with a conditioner and they said no. She said to use the Plant conditioner with it. Is that what you do?

I am going to their store tomorrow on Mott Street to purchase the shampoo and conditioner. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:grin:

Thanks! I just called them to see if Plant Black Hair came with a conditioner and they said no. She said to use the Plant conditioner with it. Is that what you do?

I am going to their store tomorrow on Mott Street to purchase the shampoo and conditioner. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:grin:

Sorry 'bout that. Yes, I use the regular plant conditioner. There is no black conditioner that goes with the shampoo.

Yes, I always airdry because I'm not going to use heat unless it's absolutely necessary (like, for the wedding I'm attending in November). The key to airdrying is to add a good moisturizing leave-in, sealing with a nice oil. I use castor oil on the ends only. I do not comb until the hair is about 80% dry. Then, add more moisturizer, sealing with oil. Then, do the scarf method (courtesy of Sylver2 :kiss:) where you try a silk scarf around the hair, then put a bonnet over it. Some people use one roller to protect and secure the ends. This method really works for airdrying. As our hair gets longer, the method gets better cuz then you can experiment airdrying with twists, braids and large bantu knots. Many ladies do this already with shorter hair, but I find doing so is a challenge for my fine, delicate strands, so I try to avoid a lot of manipulation particularly when the hair is still wet or damp. That saves me so much hairloss, I can't begin to tell you.:yep:

Ok thanks. I just bought the conditioner and the shampoo yesterday. Gonna go wash my hair after I get off work today, and I will update on the shedding.

Very good airdrying tips! I'm going to try it after my wash tomorrow! Thanks! I'm also going to try these products. My shedding had stopped but started again about 4 weeks ago. {sigh}

Heres my review. The s*** knotted up my hair terribly, and now my brastrap hair is now, chinlength. Cut it yesterday out of frrustation, too many knots. Tried the conditioner route, and didnt work. Ironically, Im not even mad. I dont recommend this product, but at the same time everyone's experiences are not the same.

I used the shampoo and the conditioner. Massaged my scalp for 5 minutes each. My hair turned into dreadlocks as if I were using a hard protein. Hey, my shedding is gone tho.

Heres my review. The s*** knotted up my hair terribly, and now my brastrap hair is now, chinlength. Cut it yesterday out of frrustation, too many knots. Tried the conditioner route, and didnt work. Ironically, Im not even mad. I dont recommend this product, but at the same time everyone's experiences are not the same.

I used the shampoo and the conditioner. Massaged my scalp for 5 minutes each. My hair turned into dreadlocks as if I were using a hard protein. Hey, my shedding is gone tho.

OMG!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I'm literally crying at work.

I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS HAPPENED TO YOU!!!

I can't even begin to understand what could have been the problem. I just do not know.:nono:

I have to leave the room for a few minutes. I feel so awful for you!

OMG!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I'm literally crying at work.

I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS HAPPENED TO YOU!!!

I can't even begin to understand what could have been the problem. I just do not know.:nono:

I have to leave the room for a few minutes. I feel so awful for you!

Awww dont cry please dont... Im ok with it really, you gonna make me cry! I just take it as a valuable lesson. Thats all. I was mad at first when it was in tangles but then I was like, ITS JUST HAIR (LHCF really helped me with that one). I just hacked it off. It was thinning out anyway. My hair is way thicker now :grin: So Im on a new mission. Dont worry its cool. But that plant stuff has got to go. For me anyway.

Awww dont cry please dont... Im ok with it really, you gonna make me cry! I just take it as a valuable lesson. Thats all. I was mad at first when it was in tangles but then I was like, ITS JUST HAIR (LHCF really helped me with that one). I just hacked it off. It was thinning out anyway. My hair is way thicker now :grin: So Im on a new mission. Dont worry its cool. But that plant stuff has got to go. For me anyway.

Girl, I love your positive attitude about all of this. You are like me - life's too short - move on. You are still all that right?! :)

Also, I agree - stick with what you know. I have been selling of my pj stash these days because I have no use for all of that stuff!

For about 4 weeks I stopped using my Dumb Blonde Reconstructor every other week and have been using something else. My hair has been dry as a result. :nono: This weekend I am going right back to using and doing what I always do.

Girl, I love your positive attitude about all of this. You are like me - life's too short - move on. You are still all that right?! :)

Also, I agree - stick with what you know. I have been selling of my pj stash these days because I have no use for all of that stuff!

For about 4 weeks I stopped using my Dumb Blonde Reconstructor every other week and have been using something else. My hair has been dry as a result. :nono: This weekend I am going right back to using and doing what I always do.

Yea see being a PJ is really not good but then when u hear all of these product recommendations and the amount of positive feedback u get from it, its like ok, let me jump on the bandwagon!! But I finally jumped on the wrong one lol. I'll just use my staple products, and shedding is no longer an issue for me now (cant tell if it was the cut or the product itself) so, Im happy about that.

I cant even front if I didnt know about these hair growth aids, I probably would be on the floor still kickin and screaming lol

But o yes I am still all that! you forgot the bag of chips part. lol

Last edited:
Damn........I'm sorry to hear. I was thinking about getting this but I'm not going to take the chance. You have a good attitude and your hair will definitely grow back.

I am so sorry what happened. I still can't believe it. I am sitting here like....Your hair is so beautiful. I just brought mines two days ago. Waiting to take out my braids to try it. But Imma tell you, I am afraid to us it after what you posted. I do not know now...:ohwell: But thanks for the feed back!

IMA You are a very strong women to have the attitude you have after what happened to you. I look up to you. Because I do not know if I would be that strong.

Did your hair need clarifying? i know it's best to clarify your hair before trying out a new product.

OMG....I am so sorry that this happened to you!

I just got these products in the mail a few days ago and I was about to use them on my hair tomorrow. Maybe I should take this as a sign that this is not the route that I should take to curb my shedding. :nono:

Back