Patience always pays off ***PIC HEAVY***

malibu4590

Hey Everyone,

I don't post much and mainly lurk but the tips and tools I have learned about here has given me the hair I never thought I could grow. I just wanted to share my progress with you all and hope that it gives someone who is currently where I started back in 2007 a bit of inspiration. If you have some patience and just leave your hair alone it will thrive. Here are some comparison pics as I strolled along this hair journey.

March 2007 - bone-laxed and damaged. I had been wearing glued in weaves for a few months after a micro braid disaster and both styles destroyed my hair. I was between ear length and neck length throughout.

March 2008 - I started to get into the swing of things. I wet bunned for one year straight and began texlaxing every 4 months. This took me to grazing APL.

December 2008 - I had finally made my goal length BSL but I wasn't happy with my progress because of those thin relaxed ends. I was already 9 months post when I took the picture so I decided to keep going and transition to natural without the BC. I used wigs as my go-to protective style.

May 2009 (disregard time stamp in photo) - By this time, I had started to slowly trim away those bone-laxed ends and worked my way up to the texlaxed ones.

November 2009 - Just progress. My regimen was solid at this point. DC with every wash and dust the ends every 3 or 4 months.

March 2010 - 24 months post and loving every moment of my transition. My hair has not been this healthy since I was a little kid. My nape is completely natural. I found that blowdrying with a paddle brush and then flat-ironing makes a world of difference. I trimmed one inch all throughout and did some seek and destroy dustings. My hair is very light, bouncy and soft.

Thanks for stopping through and happy hair growing everyone!

darlingdiva

Your progress is amazing, and you're right--patience is key!!! We want everything to happen so fast, but we often fail to realize that some of the things we do to speed up the process could actually be harming our hair.

Great work!!!

malibu4590

Your progress is amazing, and you're right--patience is key!!! We want everything to happen so fast, but we often fail to realize that some of the things we do to speed up the process could actually be harming our hair.

Great work!!!

DD, you have NO idea how much I wanted to get out from under my wig after all this time! But I knew I had a goal and in order to retain all of my growth, I needed to stick to protective styling and minimal manipulation.

luckiestdestiny

Good job! You have some real progress there, and your hair is looking thick and healthy. I was a little confused...am I right: you were relaxed, then texlaxed, now fully natural?

Or only your nape is natural and the rest is texlaxed/transitioning.

Just curious.

joy2day

Thanks for sharing your journey, I am truly inspired! Girl, you have done a wonderful job with your hair, it is so healthy and thick now!

Stormy

Wow! You really got on the ball! Your progress is truly inspiring. :yep: Thanks for sharing!

malibu4590

Good job! You have some real progress there, and your hair is looking thick and healthy. I was a little confused...am I right: you were relaxed, then texlaxed, now fully natural?

Or only your nape is natural and the rest is texlaxed/transitioning.

Just curious.

I decided to start texlaxing when I joined up until March 2008. I have been transitioning from texlaxed to natural since then. My nape is completely natural and the rest of my head has some texlaxed ends on it. Not quite sure how much though. Hope that makes more sense...I think I've confused myself! :lachen: