2009 Chicoro Hair Update-Picture Heavy

mscocoface

"once it got past my waist, it has been slow going to get to the next point, my hips."

Can I have this problem.....PPPLLLLLLEEEEEEESSSSSEEEEEE?!?!?!??!?!

Congrats on the growth.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Everyone, thank you for the very nice compliments. I sure appreciate them!

I hope my hair reaches the same length as yours? So do you relax your hair? What is your regimen?

@Blackdiva- My hair is natural and I press it with a hot comb and use a flat iron to straighten it (someone does it for me). My regimen is wash, condition, weekly, use a leave-in daily and protective styling, especially the baggy method.

Do you think you have reached terminal length, or do you think your hair is gradually growing toward hip length?

@Poohbear- I am not sure if I have reached terminal length. As Irresistible mentioned, it's still thickening up, so it must still be growing. Whatever it is doing, it is doing so gradually - as in SLOW! :yep:

Stampede up in huuuuuuuuur!

So baggying does that much difference in the ends huh? I'll have to think about this again.
ETA- Loving the ends thicken and then drop...thicken then drop...thicken then drop...

@Fine 4s-I am starting to think that baggying does make a big difference for my type of hair. :yep:

Alright, I am not going to milk this thread anymore. I would love to do that and keep bumping it up to continue to get more compliments, but that would start to work folks' nerves!

If anyone has a question about my process, please feel free to send me a pm! I am in great company with all of you and all your beautiful heads of hair. Thank you again for the support and the encouragement.

Stella B.

Chicoro, Chicoro, Chicoro!!! :grin: Just had to say thank you for inspiring us with your continued progress. Your hair is undeniably healthy and beautiful. Much continued success in your hair journey, keep up the great work and progress! You're awesome, girl!!!!!!!!:yep:

bgsix

Everyone, thank you for the very nice compliments. I sure appreciate them!

@Blackdiva- My hair is natural and I press it with a hot comb and use a flat iron to straighten it (someone does it for me). My regimen is wash, condition, weekly, use a leave-in daily and protective styling, especially the baggy method.

@Poohbear- I am not sure if I have reached terminal length. As Irresistible mentioned, it's still thickening up, so it must still be growing. Whatever it is doing, it is doing so gradually - as in SLOW! :yep:

@Fine 4s-I am starting to think that baggying does make a big difference for my type of hair. :yep:

Alright, I am not going to milk this thread anymore. I would love to do that and keep bumping it up to continue to get more compliments, but that would start to work folks' nerves!

If anyone has a question about my process, please feel free to send me a pm! I am in great company with all of you and all your beautiful heads of hair. Thank you again for the support and the encouragement.

Well they can go kick rocks!! :lol:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
You have amazing hair! Do you wear protective styles?

@SueA2,
Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I wear protective styling. But the last 19 months or so, I did not do it religiously-almost never. I think that when you are trying to GAIN newer lengths, that you have not reached before, protective styling can help to get you over the "hump". If you want to maintain your hair at the same length, I don't think protective styling is as important. My protective style of choice is to use the baggie method. I wore my hair in a loosened ponytail. I'm going back to protective styling in 2010.

hillytmj

I'm glad you shared this! I admire your committment and consistency with your regimen. Your hair is beautiful, and you are very inspirational.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Ohhhhh.......:blush: I think I just had a hairgasm! I've always admired your hair Chicoro! My hair is thick like yours so hopefully when I get to WSL, my ponys will look just as huge :grin: Congrats!

BostonMaria

I never get tired of looking at her hair LOL Chicoro taught me so much at the beginning of my journey. I'm forever grateful.

Ms_CoCo37

Her "Grow It" book is a really good reference book. It shows her hair at different lengths, her reggies, etc. I love her hair!