***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

Foufie- Glad the itching has stopped :yep:
aa9746- Congrats on your closing!!! :thumbsup:

Just checking in...Our first official length check is in 10 days and I'm soooo excited to see how everyone is progressing. The past few weeks I've been experiencing hairexia and I had to blowdry :hide: to make sure I was getting results.

I tried my first co-wash (off my regular reggie) last week and It didn't go all that well but I got some great advice from the ladies (possibly u). I think I'll try it out after I finish this challenge...I think I got so caught up in the co-wash threads that I jumped right on the bandwagon :cowgirl:

Hope u all are growing well...See u in 10 DAYS :bouncy:

hi ladies!

checking in!
i've been using the mt regularly and it is dilluted with water and jbco.

sometimes my scalp itches a bit, too, but it's usually only right after i've applied this and my hair is still damp.
after it's dry, the itching goes away.

HHJ!

Guess I'm not the only one late w/ updated pics. I'm under the dryer now and I'll be posting my 3month progress pics later today or tomorrow at the lateset....Where are u ladies w/ the progress pics? I'm eagerly awaiting some Grrrreat results...

okay so I know I have growth! How much I don't know because I still haven't straightened But I am pulling my curls (at the nape and near the ears) down at 3/4" inch more than before I started MT. I use my tat for measurement. Unfortunately I had a detangling mishap yesterday morning and I lost some hair. I wanted to cry and I found it wasn't as much as I thought. So I quickly slapped in a pony after untangling that mess and then I got I really looked at it and figured it is a SMALL setback and it will grow again.

I have been using Ovation hair products for over two weeks now, I love how my twists feel, they feel very soft. I will update with pictures, before and after!
Blessings to everyone doing the challenge.

MY ROUTINE

Weekly
I wash my hair at night with Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil, Nourishing shampoo, then apply OCT to my roots, scalp and length of my hair, cover with a plastic cap and leave on overnight, the next day, I remove my plastic cap and cover my hair with creme rinse and rinse off. I towel dry my hair, then I apply Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil deeply repairative hair pak, and leave on for five minutes, then rinse off.

I style my hair with a mixture of Ovation creme rinse, castor oil and aloe vera gel.

Daily
I rinse my hair with a mixture of L'oreal Elvive conditioner, Ovation creme rinse, glycerine, rosewater and water. Also I apply my OCT/MT mixture, which contains castor oil, glycerine, rosewater, MSM, sulphur, garlic powder, Vitamin E, Evening primrose, essential oils, peppermint and lavender.

Last edited:
MY ROUTINE

Weekly
I wash my hair at night with Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil, Nourishing shampoo, then apply OCT to my roots, scalp and length of my hair, cover with a plastic cap and leave on overnight, the next day, I remove my plastic cap and cover my hair with creme rinse and rinse off. I towel dry my hair, then I apply Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil deeply repairative hair pak, and leave on for five minutes, then rinse off.

I style my hair with a mixture of Ovation creme rinse, castor oil and aloe vera gel.

Daily
I rinse my hair with a mixture of L'oreal Elvive conditioner, Ovation creme rinse, glycerine, rosewater and water. Also I apply my OCT/MT mixture, which contains castor oil, glycerine, rosewater, MSM, sulphur, garlic powder, Vitamin E, Evening primrose, essential oils, peppermint and lavender.

Great regi!!

SInce the setback with the detangling a couple weeks ago, I have decided to apply MT only to the side that lost hair in an attempt to catch up with the other side. I will keep you updated on my results.

i haven't posted here in a while, but i have been using MT rather regularly.

i won't really know any results until i perm because i'm almost 14 wks post and my ng is creating incredible shrinkage.

seeing the shrinkage almost depresses me because it makes my hair look shorter than when i first started using MT! (yeah, it's supposed to get LONGER, right? lol!)

within the next 2-3 weeks, i will perm and hopefully have some conclusive and positive information about my first try with the MT!

HHJ ladies!

hi, newbie here, is it to late to join the challenge? i been using megatek since january and now i introduced mn to it also!!!!:lick:

im not in this but i see no one has responded so i say why not start your own for the second half of the year?! dont be shy lol :)

I thought this challenge was for the entire year anyway. Is this true?

It looks like it is??????

Check-In Dates:
January 1st Starting Pictures
April 1st (3 month progress)
July 1st (6 month progress)
October 1st (9 month progress)
December 20th Final Reveal

Checkin in:
Whether I am in or not , I applied my mt/mn/sulfur 8 mix this morning. I washed and deep condition and moisturized and sealed and baggy right now, on my cornrows I did yesterday. :grin:

Officially withdrawing guys. I'm seriously slacking off with this. I mean, I'll still keep up with it, but I don't think any of my results or lack of thereof, could be accurately attributed to my MT use.
Keep on keeping on though!

this morning, before i got too busy to forget to use it, first thing off, i put my MT mix using my applicator bottle in through my roots.

i know it's hard to keep up with all of this, PoketVenus, and many times, i slack off too, but just try to get back to it little by little, even if only once a week or once a month.

forgive yourself and try to get back with it whenever you can.

we'll be here waiting for ya!

I am applying my mix as we speak, I just finished a big move from Michigan to Virginia Beach so I will be a little busy for a min.... But I am still on it!!!

Great news ladies....the left side of my hair seems to be catching up with the right using MT on the left only every other day!

Back