***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I know it is too late to join this challenge. I have been :hide: and lurking on several MT/OCT trying to decide if these products really worked. I have finally decided to give into my pjism and buy both of them. I am really excited and cant wait to start. I am currently taking garlic pills and DCing with Alter Ego to prevent shedding. I welcome any advice. i dont really have a set regime yet. I am working on it now.

hairaboutit

Hey ladies ~ Just wanted to know how ur doing? Any new reggies? Noticing great progress? Sticking w/ the challenge?

aa9746

Hey ladies ~ Just wanted to know how ur doing? Any new reggies? Noticing great progress? Sticking w/ the challenge?

My only major change is that I've been washing 1X a week with Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo. I would like to try the garlic conditioner but the bss never have it in stock.

My hair is in a constant state of shrinkage so I won't notice anything until I do another length check.

PocketVenus

My change is that I diluted the Mega-Tek with BB Castor Oil Hair Treatment and Cantu Shea Butter Natural Olive Oil. Everything else is the same. I'm sticking with challenge though :D. I'm not sure about my length because my braids are going haywire. I might re-do some tomorrow so maybe I'll do a length check then. I haven't noticed any weird shedding (when I re-do some of my individual braids) and no itchiness or crawling sensation that I've read some women experience. I just love how Mega-Tek smells :lick:.

PocketVenus

:thought: Oooh. One more thing. I've taken to deep-conditioning (DC'ing) before co-washing, on dry hair, because it saves time. And the stuff that I normally pre-shampoo'd with, the Nutrine Garlic Conditioner, I just throw into my DC mix.
:peace:

PocketVenus

Hi! Sorry I'm a few days late in checking in. My Mega-Tek just came in the mail (I guess the holiday season slows down everything).
So my current growth aid is:
MT
My Regimen (as of now):
2x a week: Pre-Shampoo with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner. Let that sit for a few hours. Use plastic shower cap to retain heat if possible. Then co-wash with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner. Then I put the MT on my scalp only, while using Joico as a DC. This is left overnight, with a plastic cap and head scarf on.
The next morning, I wash out, and the put in a leave in conditioner. Probably Organic Root Stimulator, Olive Oil Hair Lotion OR Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisturizer Lotion for Naturals (I think that's what it is called). Then seal with some olive oil or coconut oil.
I prolong the process because I'm busy with school and don't have that much time to dedicate several contiguous hours to my hair.
In addition, I take One-A-Day Energy and have ordered horsetail supplements, but that won't be part of my regimen for however long it takes to get to me.
Daily spritz of Infusium-23 (diluted with water and a little bit of the garlic conditioner) followed by Leisure Curl Dry Curl Moisture Balance Spray.
I exercise 4x/week and probably do like 60oz water a day on average?

Here is a starting pic - I couldn't find a ruler so I used 8.5" by 11" printer paper, pretty ghetto, I know. Also, sorry, I have no idea how to change the size :ohwell:

That's my before

Decided to do an update post. I have maybe an inch of growth? I need to find a more effective measuring system. But what I do know is that when I started this challenge my hair did not clear the paper, and now it has.

Maybe i'll start using my body as a ruler.

aa9746

That's my before

Decided to do an update post. I have maybe an inch of growth? I need to find a more effective measuring system. But what I do know is that when I started this challenge my hair did not clear the paper, and now it has.

Looks like your regi is working! Where do you buy the Nutrine Garlic Conditioner?

PocketVenus

I bought it at a local black hair supply place. But a cursory search online using google shopping showed beauty of new york has it for the cheapest. the only thing about shopping online though is the shipping and handling costs (blech). Good luck finding it.

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I can't wait to start this challenge. I am still waiting to receive my MT and OCT in the mail. Congrads to everyone on their hair so far. I can wait to join you!

ycammyy

Hi! Checking in, continuing with my OCT/MT/MN. I am alternating between buns and two strand twist new growth was 0.5 this month. hhg

aa9746

Washed hair with garlic shampoo this morning. I'm currently whole head baggying with OCT on scalp and hair. I'll add White Cameillia Conditioner on top of the OCT later this evening and will continue to condition overnight through Sunday. hhg

hairaboutit

Well ladies, I fell off the hair-care wagon. Last week I got sick and haven't done anything to my hair to date. Now that we have about 2 feet of snow now is as good a time as any to get back to my hair biz.

Soooo, I'm gonna start off w/ a hot oil treatment and continue w/ my usual reggie after that.

HHG!

ETA~ I have been bunning (if that counts as doing something)

Last edited:

grow

hi laldies!

i'm here to join and will post my regimine, but am still working it out....a bit confused about how to use my mt products because today i WAS going to put the large black bottle with the blue writing (cream rinse) on as a co-wash, but i THINK many here are using that every day on the roots instead, right?

one thing i will do for sure is use the "coat rebuilder" (the little jar with the red ish pink ish writing on it) after i co-wash, then the avocado mist to help detangle.

of course, i'm so new to this and i'm open to any and all suggestions!

thanks!

HHG LADIES!!!

Last edited:

hairaboutit

hi laldies!

i here to join and will post my regimine, but am still working it out....a bit confused about how to use my mt products because today i WAS going to put the large black bottle with the blue writing (cream rinse) on as a co-wash, but i THINK many here are using that every day on the roots instead, right?

one thing i will do for sure is use the "coat rebuilder" (the little jar with the red ish pink ish writing on it) after i co-wash, then the avocado mist to help detangle.

of course, i'm so new to this and i'm open to any and all suggestions!

thanks!

HHG LADIES!!!

Hi and Welcome!

To answer your question, I always apply to my scalp. I've read other threads where ladies have mentioned protein overload so I'm trying to avoid that (and any setbacks). I'm not sure about the 2nd bottle you mentioned b/c I only have the 1st bottle (pic below). I think the most important thing w/ using MT is (1)be sure to up your moisture (2)expect some shedding and if necessary use garlic to combat (3)stick w/ it

HTH

Attachments

• CIMG2865.jpg
    CIMG2865.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 10

hairaboutit

That's my before

You have some amazing growth!!! Good stuff!!!

grow

Hi and Welcome!

To answer your question, I always apply to my scalp. I've read other threads where ladies have mentioned protein overload so I'm trying to avoid that (and any setbacks). I'm not sure about the 2nd bottle you mentioned b/c I only have the 1st bottle (pic below). I think the most important thing w/ using MT is (1)be sure to up your moisture (2)expect some shedding and if necessary use garlic to combat (3)stick w/ it

HTH

hi Hairaboutit! THANK YOU!!!!
if i hadn't SEEN that picture, i might have never known that i have a totally different product!:wallbash:
i'm ordering the one in your picture now!:perplexed

it'll take a week to get here, if it's like last time...
in the meantime, i used the cream rinse and the little jar, both as regular conditioners and i took the other protein conditioners out of my routine.

Thanks again!!!:grin:

aa9746

Checking in: Still following my weekend regi of washing with garlic poo, conditioning overnight with OCT, then conditioning with AO Camelia on top of OCT and baggying under my wig through out the day. I'm still baggying right now and will throw my wig on today when I go out.

aa9746

Cowashed hair, and conditioning with OCT. I'll add my AO Camelia conditioner before I go to bed. hhg

grow

while i'm waiting for THE RIGHT jar of the mt to arrive, i have a question:

HAS ANYONE EVER USED BOTH MT AND MTG ON THE SCALP?

Thanks ladies!

btw, the cream rinse, deep conditioner and avocado detangling no cone spray all from the mt line, are all working out nicely!

hairaboutit

Checking in. I am currently serving my self-inflicted sentence (30 minutes under the dryer) so what better way to spend it then on the board. Hair is doing well. I'm loving the health of my hair (it used to be dry as the sahara).

Anyway, continuing w/ my reggie...Hope u ladies r doing well :yep:

Last edited:

hairaboutit

while i'm waiting for THE RIGHT jar of the mt to arrive, i have a question:

HAS ANYONE EVER USED BOTH MT AND MTG ON THE SCALP?

Thanks ladies!

btw, the cream rinse, deep conditioner and avocado detangling no cone spray all from the mt line, are all working out nicely!

I haven't tried MTG. I've read so many comments about the smell that I am hesitant to try it.

ycammyy

Checking In! I started to try and stretch my co-washes to weekly, because I have been busy and it is very hard. I rotate my Oct/ MT/MN and cont. with my ps.

Foufie

I started my MT on Thursday. Will be doing every other day. I just got a sew-in that i will keep for two weeks. Any suggestions for MT and weaves. It is the curly hair....coily texture.

Foufie

First off, is it just me or does this stuff make your head itch like a ****!?!?!. Holy crap. Okay next. I took out the weave (didn't even make it two weeks *smh*) and braided my hair in 15 straight back cornrows, wearing a wig on top. Cornrows are fresh from saturday so I will check growth rate in week. ALso I can finally post my starting pic since I found my camera cord. Yippee