NO heat challenge 1/1/12 to 1/1/13

I went clubbing on Monday in San Francisco and did this on three day stretched out hair.

Attachments

• IMG_4389(1).JPG
    IMG_4389(1).JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4387(1).JPG
    IMG_4387(1).JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4392(1).JPG
    IMG_4392(1).JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 29
I've had my hair in a bun for a week. I need to do a deep moisture wash and then tuck it away. Right before I left for the holidays, I did something that left my hair feeling so soft and silky. But it was late at night and I have clue what I did :perplexed (such is life).

I did my Aphogee 2-step treatment and followed with my DC under steam. My hair is currently in 2-strand twists for the next 3 weeks.

I wash in my twists weekly. I braid my twists together the same way I'd braid my loose hair, and do my entire routine (including 20 minutes of steaming) while in braids. When I'm done, I let the hair dry a bit and then use my sealant/butter over each twist individually to help hide some of the frizziness. If I need to, I'll redo the edges. The third week is always rough, so I keep my hair twisted up with a flexi-8 during that last week.

@nakialovesshoes I've been think of buying Drew for a while. Do find that the hairline is realistic?

transitioning?
The lace was already cut when I purchased this wig. However, there's a YTer named BridezillaMartina that does a tutorial on how to do the hairline on this same wig. She even shows you how to use tweezers to make the hairline more realistic as well as several different hairstyles she does with it. She was the reason why I always wanted one.

My hair has been in 6 plaits since last Friday. I was not feeling trying to style my hair when I had to get up early for school. I plan on putting in kinky twists on wash day (
which is Friday). Hope it goes well.

Still no heat for me. Except natural heat! :grin: Like the heat from the GHE'ing (which I'm currently doing). Love it. Hmm, I'm thinking of giving up on the whole protective styling thing. I think instead I'll opt for low manipulation and if I do protective styles only once in a while. It's just not for me and I feel hair will grow anyway and I'll take care of it gently and patiently regardless. :yep: Tis all! XD

I've been wearing my same twist out every day. I don't see that style changing for another maybe 2-3 months. From there we will be in Spring and i may be able to add bun's to the rotation. i should have a little bunny tail bun by then :lol:

I'm still in my same twists. They're about a week and a half old right now, but holding up nicely. I've cowashed them twice and had to redo the front row once to get them "neat" looking again. They could be touched up right now but I'm going to be taking them out tomorrow night so I don't really care. But still no heat. So far I've only had heat from GHE'ing all day, everyday, if I don't have to go out. My hair is loving it!

checking in, still in braids I think this no heat challenge will be a breeze as long as I keep the braids in all year,lol

Did a wash n go for the first time in like at least a month. This will last maybe 3 days

bb79dbdd.jpg

89673401.jpg

df5f92a5.jpg

Put some kinky twists in. Turned out really well even if the curls deflated lol. it was difficult though cuz I had to stretch my hair really well without blow drying it.

Last edited:
I have to drop out of this challenge because I need to straighten my hair to trim it and I cannot wait until the end of the year. I straightened my hair last week and there were strands that were splitting in 3 different places on the strand. I cannot neglect my hair this way for an entire year. Good luck to all the others in this challenge, I will just concentrate on the health of the hair and growing it to full bra strap length.

I am the weakest link...

I have to drop out ladies. I was doing well until my hair began to shed and break like crazy for the past few weeks. I got a deep treatment and re-constructor (which helped) but I got my ends trimmed and she used heat to straighten my hair before trimming it, so I'm out. :( Boo, me!

Think I had to get my mindset straight, I blow dried for New Years Eve, did a length check, cut three inches, and enjoyed my blow out one last time. Hoping to have a massive blow out at the end of the year.

I purchased french mesh rollers, and a set of curl formers to play with for special occasions. Right now my hair is in two german cornrows, thinking of try ing a new style tonight.

I have to drop out of this challenge because I need to straighten my hair to trim it and I cannot wait until the end of the year. I straightened my hair last week and there were strands that were splitting in 3 different places on the strand. I cannot neglect my hair this way for an entire year. Good luck to all the others in this challenge, I will just concentrate on the health of the hair and growing it to full bra strap length.

I am the weakest link...

I have to drop out ladies. I was doing well until my hair began to shed and break like crazy for the past few weeks. I got a deep treatment and re-constructor (which helped) but I got my ends trimmed and she used heat to straighten my hair before trimming it, so I'm out. :( Boo, me!
Aww, sorry to see you ladies go :sad: Good luck with your hhj this year!!!!

Hay Ladies just checking in going well for me so far.

And Ive discovered that bunning my hair then twisting the next day gives me nice strecthed hair for a bigger twistout :)

How we doing ladies? January is almost a wrap!! So far so good for me , no issues or concerns really. Today I have a long scarf wrapped around my edges and the back is out in a puff. Tonight I will be cowashing then twisting up so I can wear another twist out.

All's well :yep:! I'm in a bun right now, will twist it up tomorrow for 3 weeks, at which point I'll do my first trim of the year. I used to delay trimming because I didn't want to have to straighten, but trimming my twists actually works really well and keeps my SSKs at bay.

I just cowashed for the first time in a week. my hair was ANGRY with me :lol: I used to cw 2-3 times a week but for the last few months it's been like once a week. i'll kick it back in gear next week. Twisting up so i can rock a twist out for the next few days. I lurve my hair!

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
How we doing ladies? January is almost a wrap!! So far so good for me , no issues or concerns really. Today I have a long scarf wrapped around my edges and the back is out in a puff. Tonight I will be cowashing then twisting up so I can wear another twist out.

I'm still doing pretty good. No heat since September 2011. I did have some trouble with airdrying but after a few days, my hair starts feeling better. I've been wearing buns and twistouts. Last week, I started experimenting with wearing twistouts without retwisting each night. I'm loving my shrinkage and texture that results. And it feels good to have my hair out and free without the stress of being in a bun or manipulating it too much like I have in the past. I've noticed less breakage and less shedding when leaving my hair alone.

IMAG0368.jpg

Sent from my PG06100 using LHCF

I'm still doing pretty good. No heat since September 2011. I did have some trouble with airdrying but after a few days, my hair starts feeling better. I've been wearing buns and twistouts. Last week, I started experimenting with wearing twistouts without retwisting each night. I'm loving my shrinkage and texture that results. And it feels good to have my hair out and free without the stress of being in a bun or manipulating it too much like I have in the past. I've noticed less breakage and less shedding when leaving my hair alone.

View attachment 135653

Sent from my PG06100 using LHCF
This makes me happy to hear Poohbear

I went out last night to a restaurant with friends

94fc0d82.jpg

f32bdbaf.jpg

0ab24c18.jpg

Back