The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2008!

WhipEffectz1

Okay, so I tried the search feature and couldn't come up with nothing so I'm going to do my own challenge starting on November 1st. It will run until May 1, 2008 which will be six months. The requirements of the challenge are:

****No heat for the whole challenge. This excludes blowdrying for deep conditioning treatments, rollersets, etc.

****The Partial No Heat challenge is geared towards keeping the curlers, flat irons, etc. out and finding alternative ways to style our hair while ensuing optimum health to reach our goals.

****If you want to check length, just do the stretch test. Try to think of the end result in May 2008!

So who's in???:grin:
((((((((Updated List)))))))
WhipEffectz1
Soun
Foxxymami
GaBeauty
BlueAbyss333
Achangedlife
Truleblesed
Tiffers
Skyborn09
Smitge
ShynessQueen
AlexB7
Cocoberry10
Bmoreflyygirl
NJ_N_ATL76
Charmtreese
OneInaMillion
Prchiquita
Mrsmercery
Eiano
Littlefastcar
Sweetg
Locabouthair
Jeanne516
Frustrated
BlackButtafly
Lovemyhair1
LusciousLockedDoc

Last edited:
Re: The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2

So how are you gonna wear your hair?

In braids?

I think I will join you. I have to get some kind of style where my hands are out of my hair, but is easily accessible for washing.

Re: The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2

So how are you gonna wear your hair?

In braids?

I think I will join you. I have to get some kind of style where my hands are out of my hair, but is easily accessible for washing.

Yeah, I might do a sewn weave with curly hair like I had last time or alternate with falls(cornrowed underneath). I like the latter because you have access to wash your hair!

Last edited:

I could get with this. I don't use heat really, so I suppose I will join too.

ETA: I just read that you said 6 months :eek: ....I could swear I saw 1 month when I first read over the rules. Okay, I'm still game since I've only used heat once this year anyway. I'm a bit forgetful, but I think I should be ok :drunk:

Last edited:

I'm in. I'm wearing my hair in braids for a year so this is going to be a easy for me.

Last edited:

I'm in...So this doesn't include hooded dryers?

I could get with this. I don't use heat really, so I suppose I will join too.

ETA: I just read that you said 6 months :eek: ....I could swear I saw 1 month when I first read over the rules. Okay, I'm still game since I've only used heat once this year anyway. I'm a bit forgetful, but I think I should be ok :drunk:

I'm starting to see that you this smiley :drunk: and this one :drunk: like I like this one :lol:, :lachen: and this one :yahoo: Just observation! :drunk:

O man, i wish,, i wish so bad, but i couldnt,, i dont feel confident enough to not straighten,, but i wish:nono::nono:

Am in. i only rollerset and air dry. havent used a blow dryer in almost 2 yrs and dont flat iron.

I'm in Whip. I rarely use heat on my hair anyway. I was thinking about wearing it straight for Christmas though. :ohwell:

Great, now I have a following. Come on people, direct heat is evil!!!

Count me in!!!! :up:

Whip, does "no-use" list include handheld blowdryers?

Whip, does "no-use" list include handheld blowdryers?

If you must use it dear. I think this challenge is geared more towards cutting out straightening devices.

If you must use it dear. I think this challenge is geared more towards cutting out straightening devices.

Ok. Great. I'm in! I plan to use the BD only twice during time.

I think I'm in........it gonna be tough but....I'm in definitely:look:

6 months huh, hmmmmm.........I can use a hooded dryer though right? Can we get a one time "get out of jail free" card, for an emergency??

Regardless I'm in, I've been slowly minimizing direct heat so this will be a good test for me.

gosh it's sooooooo cold out, and this is the only time of the year that I do use a dryer for my rollersets, and handheld blowdryer or flatiron to get my roots straight. Oh well I will root you guys on!:ohwell:

I should be able to do this since I'm transitioning. I will be wearing airdry styles, then braids, maybe even a weave:yep:

6 months huh, hmmmmm.........I can use a hooded dryer though right? Can we get a one time "get out of jail free" card, for an emergency??

Regardless I'm in, I've been slowly minimizing direct heat so this will be a good test for me.

Yeah umm we need a pass Whipz. :lol:

I'm up for the challenge! I'm having a hard time thinking of styles (I hate braids!!).

Has anyone tried the "New Hair Wig Collection"? They're wigs with a "U" shape cut out to allow for a natural part in the middle, on the right or left. They seem like a good idea but I wasn't sure of the quality ( I don't do cheezy hair-- If you gonna do it do it right!!!!).

The website is newhairwigs.com

Im in! My mom has my flat irons anyways. I will be rollersetting to dry my hair on med and cool settings. I need a pass too for the holidays. :look:

I'm in like GIN! :lachen: I need to get ALL this hair to shoulder lenght. i wear a bun every single day so no flat iron, curling iron and blow dryer should not be a problem.
In 3 weeks i plann on getting braids.

try a 3 -4 month strecth..relax and then back to braids or weave.

i may need to know there's a pass available in case i need it!!!:look:

I'm in like GIN! :lachen: I need to get ALL this hair to shoulder lenght. i wear a bun every single day so no flat iron, curling iron and blow dryer should not be a problem.
In 3 weeks i plann on getting braids.

try a 3 -4 month strecth..relax and then back to braids or weave.

i may need to know there's a pass available in case i need it!!!:look:

i went almost a year without using direct heat so I can do this.

I'm in...but i'll be using my pass for christmas, since i haven't seen my hair straight since May...

Back