Adopt a Newbie Updates

My big sis is SistaSlick. She is wonderful!!!!! she has helped me learn ALOT about moisture and protective styling. She has also helped me learn that I dont need a bunch of products to throw on my hair to make it grow. Growing happens on the INSIDE first. With her great tips, I have decided to go natural... I never knew how to take care of my natural hair and retain my waves/curls. We are going to be good friends for quite some time. LuV ya SistaSlick! :grin:

Hello All,

My big sis is Divine Inspiration. She has been very helpful. I did my re-touch after 3 months and DI helped me with making sure my hair was properly prepped for the re-touch. I am trying to maintain a braid/cornrow regimen for the next year. So, I 'm trying to keep my regimen/products simple. Thank you DI.

My big sis is Marie 170. She has started me on a vitamin regimen with Biotin and Futurebiotics Hair, Skin, Nails. I also use BT daily. I have sworn off heat and have rollerset or air dried my hair. I wash weekly with all KeraCare products (since my stylist at the salon uses them). My hair already seems to be a little thicker and my temples which are thin by heredity, are looking like they are developing a little more hair. I went to my stylist last week for the first time in a month and he was amazed at the growth of my hair. It is in a bob and they sides are at below my cheeks. I am hoping to get at chin length or more by December. It already grows fast but it's in better condition. Thanks LHCF and Big Sis.

P.S. I am supposed to add EVOO and coconut milk to my conditioners but I haven't yet. I will try that next week.

Keep up the good work Lil sis...looking good

My other little sis is TDotgirl...I gave her a weekly regimen to follow and some other tips and she seems to be happy. I am very excited about each of their progress so far.

Hi!

My big sis is ella.

I had my hair in cornrows for a month and not sure what to do with it when I took them out. She told me to do a strand test (and had me review Sistaslick's thread on this subject) to see what type of treatment my hair really needed. It turned out to moisture and not protein as I had thought so I did a wash with Aveda DR poo, 15 mins under the dryer with DPR11 and my hair loved it!

Thanks ella!

Glad it worked.
Any news on the curl activators?
Pm me:yep:

I'am a happy big sis both my lil' sisters are eager to learn and have mostly healthy hair practices right now.
I love this challenge:yep:

Back