New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

KurlyNinja

Idk how you can resist the urge to BC (those who have went 1+ yr). I was ready to do it last night sooo bad. I'm only well 7months post, this feeling wont leave

I know what you mean! I started feeling like that around 6 months post. That's why I'm wigging it now. The two textures were were fighting each other and the straight ends looked so pathetic compared to my beautiful curls. Even now when I go to redo my braids every week its hard not to want to cut them off, but I have a goal to make and I HATE short hair. Plus many people say it gets a lot easier after the one year mark too. And I plan to find out.

dr.j

Idk how you can resist the urge to BC (those who have went 1+ yr). I was ready to do it last night sooo bad. I'm only well 7months post, this feeling wont leave

I keep my hair bunned up and wash every other week so I'm not fooling with my hair that much. I don't have the urge to BC but I think I will once the weather gets warmer.

brg240

Thanks girl! How many pigtails do you do, I might give it a try while I'm not out of braids :scratchch

Oh i just do two like this I wash my hair in four braids and while it's wet I'll rebraid it into two.

but i changed my mind, I'll be wearing my hair in a high ponytail/bun until new years eve. that means more detangling though and it's really hard to moisturize like that but it's cuter that way and I wouldn't wear pigtails to church anyway.:ohwell:

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Any of you ladies ever do two strand twist with just your hair? I dont wanna wait til I'm natural lol please post pics if you've done them before or you know someone who has (e.g. a youtuber, fotki other than nina pruitt). I know Traycee did them on her relaxed hair as well.

Bun Mistress

1. How far into the transition are you?
Im over 22 months now (see ticker below)

2. Whats your transition goal?
I don't know, I may plow through another year. It getting easier now.

SmilingElephant

Me too!!!! I am thisclose to just chopping my hair off!!:lol: My dad said something about my hair yesterday....it was nice i just can't remeber what he said....but i remember asking him "what're you gonna do when i chop it off?":lol:

We was gettin in the car, i was in the back seat and he turns around and says...."are you out of your mind??? Chopping off all your long hair??:shocked:" He knows i'm transitioning.....i guess he's not expecting me to chop it off tho....but anyway...i go "Yes i am out of my mind!!! I thought you knew that already.....therefore i'm gonna do it!....But not ALL my hair but the relaxed hair has got to go about this time next year" and then i ended with "this is FOR ME.":yep:

But the more i keep seeing all these curls and springs pop up in new places whenever i'm doing my hair....the more i'm ready to BC:yep:.....i can taste it!!:lick:

But i would like for my length to be long enough where i can rock twist outs:yep:

changingSeasons

Hi Ladies!

I am 1 year post and plan to go at least another year, im thinking March 2012 around my birthday and I would be 27 months post.

naturally-devine

I want a relaxer, I'm so tired of detangling my hair :( please tell me some of ya'll feel like this

I felt this way when I washed on Sunday. I was so frustrated with detangling and was ready to go buy a perm. Of course, I backed out. I blowdried and flat ironed since we have family pics. To avoid getting overly frustrated, I washed, deep conditioned, and blow dried on Sunday and flatironed and set with Caruso rollers on Monday night. I decided to revamp my reggie. Rather than washing once a week, I will wash every two weeks. I generally have a low maintenance routine, because I usually bun until wash day. BTW...silken child detangling spray and Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1 have worked great for softening my new growth and detangling. Good luck and stay strong!!

NikkiQ

Hey ladies! What is everyone using for detangling their NG? Almost 8 months worth and it's starting to become a battle lol. All my V05 and Suave conditioners work, but I wanted to see what else is out there.

Hey ladies! What is everyone using for detangling their NG? Almost 8 months worth and it's starting to become a battle lol. All my V05 and Suave conditioners work, but I wanted to see what else is out there.

I use the same too. But, I've also added Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted. I love them.

Eisani

Just looking around to see who's LTT now. These threads helped me in the past. Best of luck to you all!

Ms. Martina

Try using the Aussie moist products. I got their 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is silky smooth. The comb literally went straight through my hair after I got out the shower. I also like the deep conditioner too!

bibirockz

Oh i just do two like this I wash my hair in four braids and while it's wet I'll rebraid it into two.

but i changed my mind, I'll be wearing my hair in a high ponytail/bun until new years eve. that means more detangling though and it's really hard to moisturize like that but it's cuter that way and I wouldn't wear pigtails to church anyway.:ohwell:

those look cute :lick: but I couldn't do it my hair's not long enough yet. Pigtails to church :lachen: but do what works &we're hear for support! Maybe you can keep your ponytails two days a time to avoid detangling.

Any of you ladies ever do two strand twist with just your hair? I dont wanna wait til I'm natural lol please post pics if you've done them before or you know someone who has (e.g. a youtuber, fotki other than nina pruitt). I know Traycee did them on her relaxed hair as well.

YouTube - Two Strand Twists On Transitioning Hair try that. The girl did a bantu knot out to get more texture I guess. I personally haven't tried it though.

Bun Mistress

I did this a month ago. I blow dried my hair and used bee mine curly butter and did twist. They lasted a week which is good for me. It was my first time trying that style.

tmcivil

1. How far into the transition are you? 8 months on December 31st.
2. Whats your transition goal? APL stretched however long that takes.

My transition started out as a stretch to give my hair a break from all the chemicals and heat. Suddenly it took on a life of its own. I am scared to BC so I am trying to hold out until I have APL stretched and I'll be happy. HHG!

QUEENDIVA1

1. How far into the transition are you? 3 months and a day post relaxer
2. Whats your transition goal? 1yr maybe 2. All I know is I don't want creamy crack no more!

Glamourstruckk

I detangle mine after I DC while I rinse out my Aussie Moist 3 minute. I lose little to no hair.

LaFemmeNaturelle said:

LongHairDontCareLLC is transitioning and she did them on her hair. YouTube - longhairdontcare.net - Two Strand Twists | Transitioning Hair RELOAD! She may have gone into more detail on her blog, I don't remember.

dr.j

I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Kinky Curly Knot Today

NikkiQ

So it seems like HH and Aussie Moist are the most popular responses. I never thought to try anything from the Kinky Curly line. I'm kinda lame and didn't think it would work on both textures of my hair :ohwell:

BayAreaDream

I'm 8 Months 1 Week Post! I might make it a few more months, I keep getting the itch to chop. Would love to make to it to at least 18 Months!

Attachments

• photo-26.jpg
    photo-26.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 96
  • photo-25.jpg
    photo-25.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 108
  • photo-27.jpg
    photo-27.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 108
  • photo-28.jpg
    photo-28.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 101

dr.j

So it seems like HH and Aussie Moist are the most popular responses. I never thought to try anything from the Kinky Curly line. I'm kinda lame and didn't think it would work on both textures of my hair :ohwell:

No, you're right --- Kinky Curly works better on the NG and not so much with the relaxed hair but it helps me detangle NG which is why I use it.

CaramelKissed

Aww, what an appropriate first post! *waves hi to everyone*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How far into the transition are you? 11 days shy of 4 months
2. Whats your transition goal? 1yr, if I can make it that far, then we will see! Baby steps, baby steps.