New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

Nuelle

1. I am currently 15 months post.
2. My initial plan was to transition for 2 years (total), but I may just BC a couple of months short of that goal during the summer months.

I've been pretty much wearing my hair straight for most of my transition and am really looking forward to a mini-BC at the end of the month/early January. Some of the relaxed ends have been snapping off, so I want to even it out, make it look fuller, and shape it up a bit.

Ms. Martina

Some of you might remember that I cut "test patches" in my nape, side, and crown a couple of months ago. If you don't remember, here is the video for that. Well...I've been scissor happy again!. I cut off another rather large portion of hair on the side of my head about two weeks ago!:blush::lachen:

Yes, it sounds harsh, and I thought it was going to look awful. But guess what...I flat ironed my hair and you can't even tell a huge chunk is missing. I guess having thick hair is a blessing...otherwise I would have been looking like Cassie gone wrong.:nono:

But anyway, I have been wearing it flat ironed since I cut it. I can't fully wash my head for a few days, but I decided to wet/cowash the new "test patch" bc I missed it being curly. And here it is ladies...making it's grand debut on LHCF. All of the pics are in my Fotki album. There is one album full of wet hair pics, and another full of dry hair pics. All photos were taken today...ENJOY!

Oh, also please excuse how unruly my nape area is looking! I did not wet the hair in the back/nape at all today. It is all smashed up bc I slept on it, and didn't wet it before the photos.

P.S...I will post pics of my hair washed and flat ironed so y'all can see it doesn't look all crazy...lol.I will probably do that over the weekend!

Lastly, I don't think I will cut any other "test patches." However, I am more than happy with the ones I have! It feels amazing to have some natural hair to experiment with while transitioning. So quite honestly, I would recommend that curious long term transitioners cut at least one "test patch" (provided they have enough hair to camouflage it).

But anyway, here are the pics!

Click here for pics of my hair wet...

Click here to see what it looks like dry...

Enjoy...Thanks

gvin89

I'm here hanging on....
1. How far into the transition are you? 9 months
2. Whats your transition goal? I plan to go 2 years (March 2012)

haircare4life***

Ok so i never post, i come on everyday but i enjoy being a lurker :look: but i just felt i needed to post in here...

1. How far into the transition are you? 37 1/2 weeks (9 months, 1 1/2 weeks)

2. Whats your transition goal? Erm originally i wanted to transition until i had no textlax ends left (see below)

I am going to hopefuly use this as a way of keeping track and a way of finding what i actually want to do as this is a bit more complicated than a normal transition...
The original reason for my transition was to have a virgin head of hair to textlax :look: You see i have been a natural all my life and only dabbled with texturising/textlax for 6 months, it was during this time i realised that for most of the time i have had heat damaged/trained hair. This had made my textlax inconsistent so the only way to combat this i feel is to transition. I haven't had hair shorter than shoulder length for as long as i remember so a bc is out off the question. Now i am questioning whether all that effort is worth it just to textlax but on the other hand i am past that stage of excitement at being a natural, yes i'm proud i lasted 19 years but so what, i enjoyed the textlax too and the textlax i'm talking bout aint the textlax that people claim when they say there textlax but really all they have done is not textlax bone straight which you are not supposed to do any way. My textlax just slightly loosens so my hair hangs down but people still looked at it and believed i was a natural. I have no desire to have straight hair but i enjoy having a slighter looser look to my hair but then again maybe by the time i become a natural i would have forgotten about textlaxing and wish to continue being natural. I don't know, only time will tell and i will look at this thread for inspiration and to note any changes.
My transition so far has been easy, nothing much has changed as the different textures in my hair are pretty much the same although for the first time in my life i have had patches of breakage, i have done a lot of expirementing this year so i have no idea what the problem is :ohwell:
Sorry for the long post but as i don't post i have a lot to get off my chest.

KurlyNinja

Ok so i never post, i come on everyday but i enjoy being a lurker :look: but i just felt i needed to post in here...

1. How far into the transition are you? 37 1/2 weeks (9 months, 1 1/2 weeks)

2. Whats your transition goal? Erm originally i wanted to transition until i had no textlax ends left (see below)

I am going to hopefuly use this as a way of keeping track and a way of finding what i actually want to do as this is a bit more complicated than a normal transition...
The original reason for my transition was to have a virgin head of hair to textlax :look: You see i have been a natural all my life and only dabbled with texturising/textlax for 6 months, it was during this time i realised that for most of the time i have had heat damaged/trained hair. This had made my textlax inconsistent so the only way to combat this i feel is to transition. I haven't had hair shorter than shoulder length for as long as i remember so a bc is out off the question. Now i am questioning whether all that effort is worth it just to textlax but on the other hand i am past that stage of excitement at being a natural, yes i'm proud i lasted 19 years but so what, i enjoyed the textlax too and the textlax i'm talking bout aint the textlax that people claim when they say there textlax but really all they have done is not textlax bone straight which you are not supposed to do any way. My textlax just slightly loosens so my hair hangs down but people still looked at it and believed i was a natural. I have no desire to have straight hair but i enjoy having a slighter looser look to my hair but then again maybe by the time i become a natural i would have forgotten about textlaxing and wish to continue being natural. I don't know, only time will tell and i will look at this thread for inspiration and to note any changes.
My transition so far has been easy, nothing much has changed as the different textures in my hair are pretty much the same although for the first time in my life i have had patches of breakage, i have done a lot of expirementing this year so i have no idea what the problem is :ohwell:
Sorry for the long post but as i don't post i have a lot to get off my chest.

I really hope that you find whats best for you. And remember if you do decide to transition you'll always have a all of us to support you. :yep: HHG!

SmilingElephant

Has anybody found their HG staples for 2011?? I believe i've found mine:yep:.....i have a feeling i'm gonne BC by the end of next year....a BIG feeling. I feel like transforming my whole look.

kvic

1. How far into the transition are you? 15 months
2. Whats your transition goal? I plan to reach 2 years OR APL whichever comes first.

sikora

1. How far into the transition are you? -- the end of December will be 6months
2. Whats your transition goal? -- 24 to 30 months

onemoretry

1. How far into the transition are you? 9 months on the 18th
2. Whats your transition goal? I am itching like hell to BC now, but I am trying to hold out until the 1 year mark.

brg240

I want a relaxer, I'm so tired of detangling my hair :( please tell me some of ya'll feel like this

reeko43

I've been transitioning for about 4 1/2 + months. I will keep going until I can't stand it anymore. I am not even sure if I want to go texlaxed or natural. I am getting older and my hair is thinning. I just know that it is time for a change cause bone straight for me is not the business!

brg240

Yes I have but I braided it. Try weaving it up or braiding your own hair it helps with the frustation *hugs*

I can't braid so for the next 2 weeks I'll probably be wearing pigtails. But after that I'm getting it braided and it will be under a wig. I'm excited, no detangling for a while :reddancer:
also the wig in your avi looks cute.

SmilingElephant

My staples for 2011 are:

Shea butter based moisturizers(i.e. Seyani Hair Butter;Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade)

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner(love that i can use it 3 ways!:yep:)

ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (for clarifying)

I think Oyin is gonna be my MAIN product line to use really....i love everything i have tried so far:yep:....i feel like i should be in a commercial or somethin:laugh:

fivetimestwo

1. How far into the transition are you? I'll be 18 months post on 12/27/10
2. Whats your transition goal? I'd like to make it to May or June 2011 (2 years post) but if I can go longer I will. I want my natural hair to at least be APL stretched before I chop.

ladysaraii

1. How far into the transition are you? 18 and a half months
2. Whats your transition goal? Umm it was 2 years, but now I'm thinking 2.5-3

Nae

1. How far into the transition are you? I am transitioning my daughter...she is 8 weeks post. I've put box braids in her hair and I moisturize (spritz mixture every other day. Will wash and deep condition once a week. Will keep braids in for 2 months then take out and do braid outs or cornrow. She is a very active dancer, so I need her hair in protective styles...lots of sweating.
Whats your transition goal? I plan to trim once she gains a significant about of growth..enough to get a pony tail. Then i'll do some dusting periodocally until the relaxer is gone.
She is very happy to transition...she is 9...I know...should have learned how to take care of her natural hair...now i do.. thanks to LHCF!

Congrats to all of you who are transitioning and who have made it!

Ijanei

Idk how you can resist the urge to BC (those who have went 1+ yr). I was ready to do it last night sooo bad. I'm only well 7months post, this feeling wont leave

lolascurls

1. How far into the transition are you? I am 12 months and 2 weeks post!

2. Whats your transition goal? Well I am aiming for at least 2 years but I might just keep going till Natual WL and beyond!

kandi1979

Hey Divas!

1. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow

2. My goal is to make it to at least 18- 24 months or shoulder length which ever comes first.

Happy HHJ!

SherylsTresses

Idk how you can resist the urge to BC (those who have went 1+ yr). I was ready to do it last night sooo bad. I'm only well 7months post, this feeling wont leave

I feel that way also but I MUST at least have a ponytail before I BC. Lately, I've been doing dry donut buns w/o aloe vera gel. It keeps my hair hidden without fuss.

bibirockz

I can't braid so for the next 2 weeks I'll probably be wearing pigtails. But after that I'm getting it braided and it will be under a wig. I'm excited, no detangling for a while :reddancer:
also the wig in your avi looks cute.

Thanks girl! How many pigtails do you do, I might give it a try while I'm not out of braids :scratchch