**NATURALS: Roller wrap blowouts? Who does em???**

Hey ladies, if you are a natural and you get roller wrap blow-outs could you please post a few things...
  • The products used in your roller wrap blow-out
  • Pics of your roller wrap blow-out
  • Your hair type
  • Your opinion of getting roller wrap blow outs as a natural...

I have never gotten one of these... I want to try to do one one my own hair, but I have only ever seen these when someone with relaxed hair got them, and the stylist used mousse, set on big rollers, put the client under the hood dryer, then blew them out with a blow drier... which sounds like a big frizzy dry mess to me...

This may not be a protective style but I think it may be less damaging than the wonder of my usual straightening method of blow dry-air dry-hot comb-flat iron-wrap LOL... that is if theres enough moisture involved

Thanks guys!!!!
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Let me know how you did yours and then when I do mine I will post some pics... I am wondering if it is possible... And am also bored LOL.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, if you are a natural and you get roller wrap blow-outs could you please post a few things...

• Your hair type

I have never gotten one of these... I want to try to do one one my own hair, but I have only ever seen these when someone with relaxed hair got them, and the stylist used mousse, set on big rollers, put the client under the hood dryer, then blew them out with a blow drier... which sounds like a big frizzy dry mess to me...

This may not be a protective style but I think it may be less damaging than the wonder of my usual straightening method of blow dry-air dry-hot comb-flat iron-wrap LOL... that is if theres enough moisture involved

Thanks guys!!!!
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Let me know how you did yours and then when I do mine I will post some pics... I am wondering if it is possible... And am also bored LOL.

• I use Cantu shea butter leave-in, a little lacio lacio, and very diluted Lottabody or Ultrasheen setting lotion
  • I have pics down below
  • Your hair type
  • I really don't know, but it somewhere in the 3-range (with some 2c at the crown and 4a around the perimeter). My texture is thready, very dense, w/ fine-medium individual strands that can look silky when straightened
  • I think it is a FANTASTIC way to stretch or straighten the hair without the use of direct heat. However, I've never used a blow dryer to straighten after my sets. I either wrap my hair and sit under the hair dryer with or without saran wrap or I proceed to flat-iron it (either the roots or to the ends depending on the turn-out)
Over the weekend, I did my BEST and QUICKEST set ever (40 minutes), and flat-ironed the roots (didn't even really need it). I'm all for natural rollersetting. It's a lot less damaging to the hair

I also have a tutorial in my album

http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-3-jan/rollerset-styles-/

Bumping this thread for other opinions.
Me myself when I've done this. I've done a pony set. I've divided the hair and secured the roots with ponytail holders (silicone based so they don't cut the hair) and then I wrap on magnetic rollers. That's after washing, condish, dc and leaving in some condish, spraying lacio lacio mixed with water, sealing with a little coconut oil. I then wrap and get under a soft hooded dryer. After that I wrap the hair and do a saran wrap. Wrap saran around hair only once (not two times as you'll sweat too much) and get back under the dryer for 15 minutes. Take a loose and shake. Hair is full of body.

Bump!

Any advice on how to get this done? I want that bouncy, flowing curls look that can last for a couple of days. Pin curls aren't cutting it for me.

I'm thinking blowdry/flatiron followed by caruso curls, take down, and wrapping it up overnight.

Bump!

Any advice on how to get this done? I want that bouncy, flowing curls look that can last for a couple of days. Pin curls aren't cutting it for me.

I'm thinking blowdry/flatiron followed by caruso curls, take down, and wrapping it up overnight.

Depending on your hair type it's not going to have that much longevity. Initially it looks good. but If the slightest bit of moisture hits your hair it will shrink, tangle up and look like James brown

hqdefault.jpg

Bump!

I've had success rollersetting although I admit I've never done the saran wrap part. Personally I hate saran wrap and always make a mess of it when I use it in the kitchen, I do want to try it though. If you truly want a flat-ironed look then I would flat-iron, I like setting because it's less heat and I am okay with texture at my roots as I think it gives me more body and volume. To prevent looking like JB as @Napp described above I pin curl mid-week which gives it more longevity and I can make it through a whole week. I pin-curl tight and actually hold my fingers at the root and wrap the hair around my fingers and then twist those fingers for the last roll so it's tight at the root and stretching the hair. When I take it down the next day any reversion or puffing at the root is gone. As my hair gets longer setting is quite difficult and takes me at least 60 - 90 minutes. I know I can do it faster if I focus but normally my 2-year old is running between my legs or doing something else to distract me.

Back