Roller Wrap Pros

I just got back from the store about an hour ago. I brought the sran wrap, scunci hair turban and some other stuff from Kinikakes henna instructions and I'm going to try to roller wrap today!

I have central hair so hopefully I won't go all poofy like the other lady did. I'm hopeful!

ajoyfuljoy said:
I just got back from the store about an hour ago. I brought the sran wrap, scunci hair turban and some other stuff from Kinikakes henna instructions and I'm going to try to roller wrap today!

I have central hair so hopefully I won't go all poofy like the other lady did. I'm hopeful!

Soooooo how did it turn out?

Today I tried the roller wrap and saran wrap treatment for the first time and my hair was soft and bouncy after I took the rollers out, but it was sooooooo dry. I think it was because of the dryer though. I sat under their for 2 hours. I put some ORS oilive oil moisturizer on my hair with a little cocnut oil and combed it into a wrap and it was feeling much better. But after I put the saran wrap on and went back under the dryer for 10min my hair was dry all over again, like I didn't moisturize it at all. So I put a little more ORS on it to un wrap it and it was ok. It was fluffy and full, but still dry. I really think it was my dryer. I did like the bounce my hair had but the dryness is awful. I think until I get a better dryer, I'll hold off on the roller wraps.

april shower said:
Today I tried the roller wrap and saran wrap treatment for the first time and my hair was soft and bouncy after I took the rollers out, but it was sooooooo dry. I think it was because of the dryer though. I sat under their for 2 hours. I put some ORS oilive oil moisturizer on my hair with a little cocnut oil and combed it into a wrap and it was feeling much better. But after I put the saran wrap on and went back under the dryer for 10min my hair was dry all over again, like I didn't moisturize it at all. So I put a little more ORS on it to un wrap it and it was ok. It was fluffy and full, but still dry. I really think it was my dryer. I did like the bounce my hair had but the dryness is awful. I think until I get a better dryer, I'll hold off on the roller wraps.

Wow you have patience!!! I sit under for 90 mins and Im seriously squirming after that:lol:

Re: Roller Wrap Professionals Check In!!!

ajoyfuljoy said:
Hey. I have been roller setting my hair and then flat ironing it for about a year. It's real tedious. I've been hearing people talk about roller wrapping here and there and I'd just love to hear from some ladies who are roller wrap pros. Please show your pictures and share tips. Thanks! :grin:
I rollerset/flat ironed last night. Here are a few pics:

I tried Lacio Lacio and I absolutely loved the results. My hair was really soft and bouncy! I think I've found a new staple product.

http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrapfront.html
http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrapback.html
http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrap2.html

Last edited:
I've been doing roller wraps for year. I think I'm a pro at it. They always come out nice and soft. Other than twistouts, I only roller wrap my hair.

neenzmj said:
I rollerset/flat ironed last night. Here are a fix pics:

I tried Lacio Lacio and I absolutely loved the results. My hair was really soft and bouncy! I think I've found a new staple product.

http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrapfront.html
http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrapback.html
http://public.fotki.com/neenzmj/rollerset/rollersetpics/rollerwrap2.html

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you. I really attribute my progress to all the helpful LHCF ladies.:)

Has anyone tried this on 4b natural hair? I don't think I want to ever perm again - So if I sedu my hair and do the saran treatment will I be able to get the same results?

Hi macherieamour,
I tried your roller set tutorial and my hair came out great. Thanks so much. Here is a pic. I didn't blow out my roots or curl it.

Attachments

• nat.JPG
    nat.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 31
Nat - that is BEAUTIFUL!!! :eek: Could you list what products you used?

Thank you. I'm a product junkie, but always use Elucence product line, recently started using organic root stimulator for prepoo that I got from macherieamour. I use jojoba oil, coconut oil and shea butter on ends.
I roller set with lotta body. I hope that helps:grin:

Last edited:
Uhhhhh.....Something didnt go right....lol! It was looking all good until I did the saran wrap, thats when my head started sweating and poof goes the roots. was I supposed to do it on cool or something? Macherieamour u might have to help me out on this one....U can't even see my scalp and I have a part :eek: I just wasnt going for the big hair look today, I wanted the sleek. I will say that my hair does revert very easily, so maybe I can never saran wrap, I dont know. Now I dont know if I should blow the roots again or flat iron...But at least I can wrap now :grin: heeeey :wave: Thank you Macherieamour

I am prone to sweating too so I always try to cool my head down betwen taking the rollers out after the set and the saran wrap. I usually go stand right under the air conditioner vent :grin:

I use to do it all the time in 2004, check out my fotki (2004 album) I was realxed bone straight back then

Soooooo how did it turn out?

Forgive me teenie for taking about a month to answer your question bc I'd forgot about the thread.

How did my hair turn out?

It was amazing!!! I discovered roller wrapping and caruso rollers within the last month or so and my hair has never been like this. I feel like I have somebody ele's hair. I never imagined my hair could be so cute!

For the rollerwrap I just rollerset my hair and sat under the dryer for about an hour (I only put Aveda USC and a little jojoba oil on my hair). Then I take it down and it's already cute, but kinda big because I have my relaxed hair is still very thick. I flat iron the roots and it's so hard to resist the temptation to flat iron the whole head because I know it would turn out so nice (sigh!)

I wrap it with some sort of serume and put the saran wrap over the wrap. Then I sit under the dryer for about 20 more minutes. This part is fun because every couple of minutes I like to put my hand on my head and keep feeling the hair gradually "shrink."

When I took the saran wrap off and combed my hair out my hair had swang and was smooth. It still had body but it was set like a rollerset and looked good from every angle and even when my head moved the hair effortlessly and immediately fell into place.

And then the Caruso's just knocked it all out the ballpark! After all of that I am totally in love with my hair. I have pictures in my fotki but my hair looks even better since I got an inch cut off last month. My layers are bangin' and I'm very satisfied with the whole process!!!

I tried this last night. My hair is texlaxed and I want to get away from flat ironing weekly. After I took out the rollers it was smooth then I blew out the roots. As soon as I went to wrap it the puffy fro' showed up. I tried the saran wrap thing anyway. After I took the saran wrap off I combed it down and it was :Clown: I wrapped it back up and slept with a du-rag hoping for a flatter set this morning. This morning when I took off the du-rag it looked like I had a bad wig sitting up on top of my head. I looked a HAM.
Needless to say I came to work with the du-rag and hat on today. When I get home I am gonna break out the flat iron and get to work.

Back