Naturals 3c/4a/4b Coconut Milk Soak! My Hair Is Still Soft!

angellazette

Hmmmm I might have to try this...mix it with Elucence MB and see if I can tell a difference between this and a honey deep condition.

For those that do both seperately (use the coconut milk and deep condition with honey), have you noticed a difference in the results you get?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I don't know about this. I mixed a concotion of coconut milk and herbal essence condish so it wouldn't be so runny *yea right* and left it on overnight. I don't know but it seems like my curl loosened a smidge. I don't like that. I hope this is temporary. Anyone have any thoughts? I think I need to toss the herbal essence as for some reason it doesn't really condition like I need. Any thoughts?

brownsugarflyygirl

This week I just did my regular deep condition and poo routine...and my hair came out much softer than with the avocado/coconut milk...so I think that I will just stick with my regular products...and not bother with the coconut milk...

But its good to know how it works on my hair...just in case I decide to try it again in the future...$1 for a can of coconut milk is a lot cheaper than my conditioner...so in a bind...it just might have to be coconut milk :lol:

Hairicome

I like to take a can of coconut milk, stick it in the fridge for a couple of days, then open the can all the way around with a can opener. The thick, fatty coconut cream is at the top so I just scoop it out with a spoon and put it in my hair. I love how soft my hair is when I do this. Try it!

Just stuck a can in the fridge. I'll let you know what happens

natieya

Me too! My friend and I (on my advice I'm afraid) tried it without conditioner. It didn't end well for either of us. :ohwell:

I will use condish next time for sure. In hindsight, I should've known better.:lachen:

Cool! I tried this when I was transitioning, and it didn't work- now I know why- I didn't use conditioner afterwards.:lol: I'll try it this weekend!

cottoncoily

I was just about to do a search on coconut milk. My grocery store has it marked down for 50 cents and I bought 4 cans. I just needed to know how to use it.

yokoyokogirl

Just bought some!!!!

How long does it last in an unopened can? And if I open a can and put it in a spray bottle in the fridge how long will it last?

Thanks!

oooop2

Nightly, I add a blend of coconut milk, bananas, honey, coconut oil, evoo, and moisturizing condish to my dry hair and let it sit for at least 1-2hrs. I then rinse w/ cool water, apply my nightly hair products, put hair in Bantu knots, and cover. In the morning my hair is so soft. I love it.

yokoyokogirl

I have used the coconut milk as a DC 2x...IT ROCKS!!!

Now I'm :poke:for info on how long the coconut milk will last in the fridge...sorry if that's a dumb question!