Naturals 3c/4a/4b Coconut Milk Soak! My Hair Is Still Soft!

SignatureBeauty

I know most of naturals have a problem with very thirsty dry hair, well today I shampooed my hair with my shampoo bar rinsed it out very good and then I towel dried my hair until it was almost dry, then I went over to my sink and opend a can of Goya Coconut Milk and poured it all over my hair I had a bowl to catch the milk and I just kept pouring it.

Then I let it soak all in. put on my plastic cap and sat under my hair dryer for 20-30minutes.
(keep a towel handy to catch the drips,that always
pisses me off but I got through it:) )

Then I rinsed it out really good and then I applied my Conditioner and massaged it all over really good and combed through to detangle while conditioner is still on my hair. Then I rinsed the conditioner out and gave myself an ACV Rinse and then applied my 911 creamy leave in and my homemade hair butter and my hair is so soft and curly right now, I done it about 5 hours ago and my hair is still soft:grin:

Just thought I would share with you all!

MrsBKJ

I tried something similar to this a week or so ago and my hair is still soft and moisturised i cant believe it!
i mixed mine with some oil and more oil...lol
i had already planned on doing this tonight

Uzz

SignatureBeauty

RachiQue said:
I tried something similar to this a week or so ago and my hair is still soft and moisturised i cant believe it!
i mixed mine with some oil and more oil...lol
i had already planned on doing this tonight

Uzz

Isn't that something:) I mean it really keep sthe hair soft, I might start doing this 2x's a week, but my hair feels so good and soft. I just hate that darn dripping so next time I go to sallys I am gonna see if they have those cotton strips to place around my head to catch some of that dripping because that really discourages me:lol:.

Next time I am gonna add some Honey! I love honey in my hair routine:D

Tene

I love coconut nut milk, I just started back using it. I haven't used it in a year or two I don't know why I stopped.

SignatureBeauty

Tene you are just like me, I Love it, everytime I go to the store I get a few cans a week. I Love it! I am just a Coconut Head!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Cool! I tried this when I was transitioning, and it didn't work- now I know why- I didn't use conditioner afterwards.:lol: I'll try it this weekend!

lovelymissyoli

Where do you find coconut milk? I still haven't found coconut oil outside of the online web!

I've been hearing the praises of this stuff for a while. I still haven't found 'that' product which leaves my hair undeniably soft throughout the day. I've only found temporary softness.

Sweet_Ambrosia

lovelymissyoli said:
Where do you find coconut milk? I still haven't found coconut oil outside of the online web!

I've been hearing the praises of this stuff for a while. I still haven't found 'that' product which leaves my hair undeniably soft throughout the day. I've only found temporary softness.

Any grocery store should keep it, I get mine from Wal-Mart its stocked in the Asian Food section.

Angelicus

I like to take a can of coconut milk, stick it in the fridge for a couple of days, then open the can all the way around with a can opener. The thick, fatty coconut cream is at the top so I just scoop it out with a spoon and put it in my hair. I love how soft my hair is when I do this. Try it!

debb

NappyParadise said:
I know most of naturals have a problem with very thirsty dry hair, well today I shampooed my hair with my shampoo bar rinsed it out very good and then I towel dried my hair until it was almost dry, then I went over to my sink and opend a can of Goya Coconut Milk and poured it all over my hair I had a bowl to catch the milk and I just kept pouring it.

Then I let it soak all in. put on my plastic cap and sat under my hair dryer for 20-30minutes.
(keep a towel handy to catch the drips,that always
pisses me off but I got through it:) )

Then I rinsed it out really good and then I applied my Conditioner and massaged it all over really good and combed through to detangle while conditioner is still on my hair. Then I rinsed the conditioner out and gave myself an ACV Rinse and then applied my 911 creamy leave in and my homemade hair butter and my hair is so soft and curly right now, I done it about 5 hours ago and my hair is still soft:grin:

Just thought I would share with you all!

Did you have to strain the coconut milk to remove the particles?
If not, how did you get them out of your hair?

SignatureBeauty

No I didn't strain the coconut milk I just opened the can and poured it over my hair and scalp and just kept pouring it, I never noticed any particles, and when I rinsed it and applied my conditioner I had nothing leftover in my hair.

debb

NappyParadise said:
No I didn't strain the coconut milk I just opened the can and poured it over my hair and scalp and just kept pouring it, I never noticed any particles, and when I rinsed it and applied my conditioner I had nothing leftover in my hair.

I will give it a shot, thanks.

loonatick

Bumping...

Is there anything i can mix with coconut milk to make it thicker?
So that it wont drip. Conditioner maybe or oil?

brownsugarflyygirl

YAY!! I am glad that coconut milk worked for you :D Very encouraging

I mixed up some coconut milk and avocado last night for a prepoo tonight....I will let you know how it goes...

MeccaMedinah

loonatick said:
Bumping...

Is there anything i can mix with coconut milk to make it thicker?
So that it wont drip. Conditioner maybe or oil?

Anky said that she puts hers in refrigerator the and it gets thick, sounds like a good idea :)

Angelicus

Yes, You remembered! How Cool! Yeppers, I throw the can in the fridge for a couple of days and open the can all the way around. The creamy fatty part of the coconut milk is there.

Sometimes I punch open a can and let the water evaporate from it, too, leaving delicous cream for the face, body, hair, and TUMMY! :lick:

brownsugarflyygirl

Okay so as promised here is my review :p

I mixed a medium sized ripe avocado without about 1/3 can of Goya coconut milk and refrigerated for about 24 hours - then I added 1 tablespoon of castor oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mixed together...it was a kinda creamy/watery blend....I applied this to my dry hair and put a plastic cap over it - I debated about using heat and decided against it...so I let it sit for 30 minutes...

Results: The last section I rinsed out was VERY soft and silky...which lets me know that I should have let it stay in longer...next time I will keep it in for 1 hour and use 2 tablespoons of olive and castor oil...it must also have some cleansing properties because my shampoo was lather city..which usually never happens with a weeks worth of products in my hair..that was a bonus

Overall: I like it and will use this as a prepoo every four weeks...the avocado is a good protein and the coconut milk brings moisture...I want to try it with heat for 10 minutes as well too....

Anky: Thanks for the heads up about letting it evaporate...I think that I will try using the cream in my homemade lotions since I still have 2/3 of my can left

:D

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I do this also. I add honey to my coconut milk. My hair comes out so shiny and soft! I love it. I actually wash my hair with half the coconut milk first, then shampoo or cw as usual, then do a final rinse with the rest of the coconut milk and rinse out. This way you're sure to have some of the natural coconut oil that's in the milk be left in your hair to keep it moisturized.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
anky said:
I like to take a can of coconut milk, stick it in the fridge for a couple of days, then open the can all the way around with a can opener. The thick, fatty coconut cream is at the top so I just scoop it out with a spoon and put it in my hair. I love how soft my hair is when I do this. Try it!
I'm definitely trying this, thanks for the idea anky.

goldensensation

I did an overnight pre-poo with this for the first time lastnight and it was so messy. My hair feels great now, but UGH! Was the milk supposed to be that runny? I put it in the fridge for a few hours and it still had that same liquidy consistency. What can I do to make it thicker? I added honey, jojoba oil and a little bit of LeKair and it was still VERY thin and MESSY!

On another note, I LOVE the softness that my hair has now. I have been having a dryness issue since I did my Henna earlier in the week and the coconut milk (and my shampoo and conditioner) nipped it all in the bud, when even my beloved Keracare Humecto could not.

Sweet_Ambrosia

gorgeoushair said:
Has anyone tried to mix it with conditioner or some other concoction?

I mix mine with Lekair or Lustrasilk Cholesterol Conditioner, and let it set overnight in the fridge so it can get extra thick. It's more easier to apply this way. I apply it when my hair is dry, then I cover my hair with a plastic cap and let it marinate for 2-3 hours. My hair always comes out incredibly soft, shiny and moisturized. I :love: coconut milk.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bought some coconut milk at the store yesterday and can't wait to give this a go!!!!! I just straightened my hair on Sunday though so will probably have to wait until this Sunday.