Goya Coconut Milk

Have you ever used Coconut Milk as part of your Hair care regimen?

• Total voters
My hair just loves the Organix Coconut Milk line. Now I'm wondering what sort of results I'd get if I started spiking my products with a little extra coconut milk or cream...*adds to grocery list for the weekend*
I just had some coconut milk and coconut cream a couple weeks ago and it didn't occur to me to save some for my hair. I was too focused on my rice pudding :lol:

Sounds like you use it as a Deep Conditioning Mask. Might have to try this out too!:grin:

Yup, I honestly love this stuff. I was worried at first about the protein since I'm using it like 2x a week, but so far so good. I moisturize my hair 2x a day everyday so I guess it balance out. I went to the store after work today and bought 8 cans, it was on sale. So I should be good for a while.

How are you storing the milk once it's opened? I divide mine up in 5 ziplock storage bags and freeze until I'm ready to use.

ooooooo sounds yummy!! I would love to try this!!

To the lady who adds avocado, do you use a regular old avocado or are you using the oil or something else?

ooooooo sounds yummy!! I would love to try this!!

To the lady who adds avocado, do you use a regular old avocado or are you using the oil or something else?

I use a 1/2 of an avocado and freeze the other half until next wash day. If you use an avocado you have to make sure it's blended well or you will have strings from the avocado in your hair, I use a blender for my mixture now, it comes out smooth and whipped.

I added coconut milk, lime and honey to my LeKair Cholesterol (Peach colored, Professional) as my pre-shampoo treat on dry hair. Mixed with LeKair minimized dripping. I would paint it on with a tint brush like a relaxer. This made it easier for me straighten my hair and maintain moisture. To achieve a "relaxing" effect with coconut milk you'd have to add lime.

The same effect could be achieved by using yogurt alone but the results are much stronger. I have some pics in my fokti. I used yogurt and honey (+ bananas sometimes). Honey + bananas were for shine and conditioning but it made the yogurt very runny. So eventually I started using a spray bottle.

After using either these methods continuously the results were culmalative for me. However, as I've mentioned in my previous post the yogurt was working too well so I stopped doing this altogether. Based on my personal experiences
I recommend coconut milk for fine hair and yogurt for thick hair.

did you use the yogurt with the cholesterol or on it's own?

Tomorrow night I'm planning to do a Coconut Milk or Yogurt and Avocado treatment. I think I also have left over banana baby food to add to mix. YUM:lick:

Ok i know i sound really repetative and I am so sorry,but am i supposed to just take the yogurt out the jar and put it on my head, and is there a special brand, im assuming it has to be vanilla. I dont want to be walking around my house with a jar of yoplait on my head and im doing it wrong...lol.

Wow, thanks for reminding me of an old concoction I used to make:

Coconut milk
Coconut oil
Jojoba oil
EVOO
Creamy conditioner (Nexxus Humectress, KeraCare Humecto or Tresemme Reconditioner)

I would heat it up or sit under a dryer. Man, it was a great treatment. I did this for about 2 years at least 2x a month and my hair was at its healthiest!

I love coconut milk! I add it to my brahmi, amla hair mask conditioner along with the Coconut cream concentrate. I don't use Goya, I use Choakah coconut milk from the indian grocers. Its much thicker than goya. The pic is below.

100_0905-vi.jpg

I added coconut milk, lime and honey to my LeKair Cholesterol (Peach colored, Professional) as my pre-shampoo treat on dry hair. Mixed with LeKair minimized dripping. I would paint it on with a tint brush like a relaxer. This made it easier for me straighten my hair and maintain moisture. To achieve a "relaxing" effect with coconut milk you'd have to add lime.

The same effect could be achieved by using yogurt alone but the results are much stronger. I have some pics in my fokti. I used yogurt and honey (+ bananas sometimes). Honey + bananas were for shine and conditioning but it made the yogurt very runny. So eventually I started using a spray bottle.

After using either these methods continuously the results were culmalative for me. However, as I've mentioned in my previous post the yogurt was working too well so I stopped doing this altogether. Based on my personal experiences I recommend coconut milk for fine hair and yogurt for thick hair.

Why do I stop with products and routines that work? You're right. The benefits are cumulative with regular use. I used to apply these types of mixtures on my new growth and it helped me stretch successfully.

I've always planned to add yogurt but never did. What brand/type of yogurt do you use?

Yup, I honestly love this stuff. I was worried at first about the protein since I'm using it like 2x a week, but so far so good. I moisturize my hair 2x a day everyday so I guess it balance out. I went to the store after work today and bought 8 cans, it was on sale. So I should be good for a while.

How are you storing the milk once it's opened? I divide mine up in 5 ziplock storage bags and freeze until I'm ready to use.

Right now Im just storing it in the fridge...Is that good enough? I cant use the whole can in one try....

^I just put mine in the fridge the last time I used it but when I went to use it again it stunk so I figured it had gone bad. I didn't think about freezing it but that may be the way to go.

Right now Im just storing it in the fridge...Is that good enough? I cant use the whole can in one try....

Well I use to store mine in the fridge but I noticed after 4/5 days it started to sour. I want to get more then 1 usage out of a can, so I decided to separate it into zip bags and freeze it. It last longer like that, and it doesn't take no time to unthaw. This way I get 5 usage from 1 can.

Why do I stop with products and routines that work? You're right. The benefits are cumulative with regular use. I used to apply these types of mixtures on my new growth and it helped me stretch successfully.

I've always planned to add yogurt but never did. What brand/type of yogurt do you use?

I used Plain Dannon or Mountain High. Whatever was on sale in the tub for cheap. But of course you gotta use it in a timely fashion. Maybe you could freeze it?

A can of coconut milk doubled my Lekair and made it last much longer. I stored in the fridge most of the time. But if I left it out by accident it didn't spoil. i=I just returned it to the fridge as soon as possible. I used to even "gel" my edges with it! Why did I ever stop using it? :lachen:

*runs to the fridge*.....My coconut milk has been in the fridge since monday... It doesnt smell sour, it barely has a smell actually...does it still has the same results when its frozen?

My fridge milk didn't smell sour the consistency changed, it was a lil lumpy. As far as the frozen milk, I still got the same results.

I've always used coconut cream in my conditioner. I premix my homemade DC and leave it in the fridge until ready to use. It lasts a couple months and doesn't spoil. I mix:

1 bottle AOHSR
1/2 container biolage conditioning balm
1 can coconut cream
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Walnut oil
Grapeseed oil
Olive oil
Castor oil
Jojoba oil
Vitamin E oil
Honeyquat
Hydrolyzed wheat
Silk amino acids
Honey

This conditioner is fantastic! My hair luvs this like nobody's business.

I bought a couple of cans the other week from the 99p store, but I haven't got round to using it yet. Thanks for this thread though, some good tips in here :yep:

I've used the Goya cream. It was nice, but nothing spectacular.
It was wonderful when I added yogurt to it though.
Quoting my old post^^^
I've since switched to Goya MILK and omg...it is a keeper.
I've been using it to detangle for over about three months and I love it. It gives so much slip and cuts my detangling time down tremendously.
Sometimes I add it to my distilled water/aloe vera/glycerin mixture. I put it all in a spray bottle to refresh my hair with ease.
Silly me had no idea it was more of a protein treatment than anything else. It works for moisture in my hair too.:yep:

Last edited:
How much coconut milk do you per DC treatment?

I use half of the can to saturate my hair completely, I also like it on my scalp...I guess it depends on how much hair you have or how long....I wish I had enough hair to use the whole can so I wouldnt have to worry about it spoiling...

I just tried coconut milk for the first time today as a pre poo on dry hair mixed with some honey and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. My hair felt so nice and moisturised after rinsing it out in the shower. I then shampooed a couple of times and DC'd with ORS and coconut oil, rinsing and then moisturising with HE Beautiful Ends and olive oil to seal. After all that my hair feels sooo soft and moisturised, and on top of that I feel the curl pattern really has loosened. I mean, it's like I just texturised or something! Why the hell did I ever I need chemicals? Certainly won't be touching them now that I have my trusty coconut milk in tow, it shall help me breeze through this transition and hopefully long after my BC too. I really hope I can reach great lengths this year. OMG, this stuff is gooood. :D Don't sleep on it, you have to try coconut milk at least once :yep:

I've tried coconut milk twice, i dont dislike it but i didnt stick to it enough to LOVE it!

But i HATE Goyas Coconut Milk, its basiclly like Coconut water:lachen: Asian Thai Coconut milk is much much better, its thicker than buttermilk..almost yogurt like..maybe even thicker then yogurt..IDK i havent used it in a long time but it IS way better then Goya Coconut Milk:lachen:

Ok ladies just wanted to let you know that I used yogurt instead of coconut milk, this was my first time trying anything like this, as for the results i just want to say... I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. my hair feels great. I was a little worried at first because after rinsing the yogurt out of my head my hair felt kinda of hard like it was going to break if i pulled too hard, but after i dc'd it was wonderful it feels really strong and my breakage problem is almost non existant. i am definetly doing this once a week.

So...can I ask what kind of coconut milk you ladies are using. I saw coconut milk and cream that the store the other day but when I read the ingredients both had sugar and other things in it. Is that okay or should it be pure? My hair is breaking and shedding like crazy and I don't know what to do to stop it.

So...can I ask what kind of coconut milk you ladies are using. I saw coconut milk and cream that the store the other day but when I read the ingredients both had sugar and other things in it. Is that okay or should it be pure? My hair is breaking and shedding like crazy and I don't know what to do to stop it.

Sugar makes your hair shinier :)

Back