My transition may have ended...(cont'd)

blackbarbie

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drool::drool:

ETA: How do you prep your hair for flat ironing? Regi, products etc.

When I do it myself, after letting it airdry for a little bit (I plait in 4 sections and either let it airdry for a few hours or either sit under a dryer for about 30 minutes), I blow dry each section after spraying Nioxin Thermal Bliss on it. This is a thermal heat protectant.

After I blow dry each section, I go back to flat iron each section. I don't use any other product when blow drying/flat ironing. (I have sprayed Infusium 23 as a leave in before; may use that in addition to my Nioxin)

When my brother does it, he put a few drops of Redken Glass in it after he detangles it. He doesn't put it on each section but he puts a few drops in his hands and distributes it throughout my hair. Then he sits me underneath the dryer for about half an hour and then he takes me from under the dryer and blow drys, followed by flat ironing. The Redken Glass is the only preparation he puts on my hair.

I can't do that at home by myself because whenever I use serums my hair always ends up looking a mess, so I leave that to someone else. I tried using Chi Silk Infusium before flat ironing before and it didn't turn out well at all; it was all heavy and greasy looiking/feeling.

Hope that helps.

BB

jwhitley6

When I do it myself, after letting it airdry for a little bit (I plait in 4 sections and either let it airdry for a few hours or either sit under a dryer for about 30 minutes), I blow dry each section after spraying Nioxin Thermal Bliss on it. This is a thermal heat protectant.

After I blow dry each section, I go back to flat iron each section. I don't use any other product when blow drying/flat ironing. (I have sprayed Infusium 23 as a leave in before; may use that in addition to my Nioxin)

When my brother does it, he put a few drops of Redken Glass in it after he detangles it. He doesn't put it on each section but he puts a few drops in his hands and distributes it throughout my hair. Then he sits me underneath the dryer for about half an hour and then he takes me from under the dryer and blow drys, followed by flat ironing. The Redken Glass is the only preparation he puts on my hair.

I can't do that at home by myself because whenever I use serums my hair always ends up looking a mess, so I leave that to someone else. I tried using Chi Silk Infusium before flat ironing before and it didn't turn out well at all; it was all heavy and greasy looiking/feeling.

Hope that helps.

BB

That is my favorite serum and the only one that doesn't leave my hair sticky. I can use it for days and my hair never feels gummy/greasy and it gives a little weight for that "swang". Your hair is beautiful....makes me wanna go straighten mine right now....hmmmm. :drunk:

Garner

This is absolutely beautiful!!! You are an inspiration to all of us esp the transitioners. Thank you for sharing your journey. I look forward to seeing the curly pics!!! :)