My Transition Progress Report (PIX GALORE)

Whimsy

So, as some of you know, I've been transitioning since August 2007. My transition has been pretty smooth. Months 7-9 were kinda dicey for me, learning about dealing with the two textures, but otherwise smooth sailing! Here's my progress report. Post yours!

September 2007 (one month after last texturizer)

This part of the transition was a breeze. Basically wore it straight via maxiglide or did wash n gos during the fall/winter/early spring.

DSCF1847.JPG

DSCF1849.JPG

December 2007 (just a random pic)

IMG_1934.JPG

April 2008 (chopped from BSL+ to APL)
Posted about it here with more pictures: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=210287&highlight=bsl+apl

Loved the cut but the 2 textures, I really had to fight with for the summer. Ended up learning that braidouts were my bestest friend

IMG_2988.jpg

June 2008 (my beloved braidout)

P6060024.jpg

January 2009

P1200017_0926.jpg

P1200020_0929.jpg

April 2009 - Before Deep Trim - I've been really tempted to BC so instead I did a nice deep trim of about 3+ inches all over w/ some layers.

P4040005_1729.jpg

April/May 2009 - After Trim - dry and wet. Also Trying to show texture. More/Better pics are in blog. (I finally updated!)

P4230027_1746.jpg

P5020101_1782.jpg

tryin to show wet length (look! not much relaxed ends left in the back!!)

P5020097_1778.jpg

wet texture shot attempt haha
P5020102_1783.jpg

So that's where I am now, working my way to August 2009 for my BC!!!

Transitioners and naturals who did a timely transition, show us your transition progress report!

Wow your hair is beautiful! I really admire the people that can transition long term. I don't know how you can fight the urge to BC. I was going nuts and chopped before my goal of 1 yr of transitioning. You're doing great!

ok, whimsy...you ain't got but 1 inch of relaxed ends left:drunk:....(if it were me I would chop and let all that beautiful hair:lick: fly and curl freely...):yep:

:lachen:

ETA: If you chopped, you'd be at APL stretched...girl the rate your hair grows, you will be BSL by the end of the year...you'd still have enuf to make a nice pony you could do updo's with no issues....girl, let me get outta this thread 'cause I am a fellow long-term transitioner and i'm supposed to be supporting you in keeping your transition going...

i'm just sayin'....if it were me....:lachen:

Last edited:
WHOA you guys are so fast!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Wow your hair is beautiful! I really admire the people that can transition long term. I don't know how you can fight the urge to BC. I was going nuts and chopped before my goal of 1 yr of transitioning. You're doing great!

Thanks, I didn't know I could make it!!! My first transition I wanted to go a year and lasted about 6 months...lmao

Your hair is so gorgeous!!!! I need your reggie ASAP.

Thanks, I don't really have one, just try to keep it clean and moisturized. I was bunning for a month or so recently, but got bored. I just get bored with reggies and end up starting something new. I try to DC twice a month tho no matter what... I've KINDA been keeping up with that one!!! And I feel a difference in my hair.

ok, whimsy...you ain't got but 1 inch of relaxed ends left:drunk:....(if it were me I would chop and let all that beautiful hair:lick: fly and curl freely...):yep:

:lachen:

ETA: If you chopped, you'd be at APL stretched...girl the rate your hair grows, you will be BSL by the end of the year...you'd still have enuf to make a nice pony yoou could do updo's with no issues....girl, let me gert outta this thread 'cause I am a fellow long-term transitioner and i'm supposed to be supporting you in keeping your transition going...

i'm just sayin'....if it were me....:lachen:

You are the worst!!!! lmao

It's about an inch or so in the back, but in the front and sides it's a lot (check the blog there should be a few pix that show it...i think) I am going to hold out till August no matter what!!!.
So devil, get offa my shoulder!!!!

Whimsy, did you have natural hair for a long time before you relaxed it?
And what made you decide to transition?

I'm just curious. I have natural hair too

Girl stop stringing them ends along and put them out of their misery!!! :lachen:

I kid, I kid. Absolutely beautiful progress :love:

ETA: I wish I had your patience. I was 'posed to transition for 2 years...8 months into it, I just gave up and bc'd.

Whimsy, did you have natural hair for a long time before you relaxed it?
And what made you decide to transition?

I'm just curious. I have natural hair too

I BCd on September 14th 2005.
Then Texlaxed again in October 2006.
So only stayed natural for about a year....:lachen:
Last texlax was August 2007.
I guess I just can't make up my mind?:drunk:

I figure since I took the time/effort/patience to transition properly this time I will NOT texlax again.

You are the worst!!!! lmao

It's about an inch or so in the back, but in the front and sides it's a lot (check the blog there should be a few pix that show it...i think) I am going to hold out till August no matter what!!!.
So devil, get offa my shoulder!!!!

:evillaugh::heated: heh heh heh...drats...foiled again...:lachen:

On the real: I am only 13 months post, so I only have about 6-7 inches of NG. You can see some of my progress in my FOTKI :

@ 6 months: http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/september-2009/6-months-into-my-tr/

@ 12.5 months: http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/1-year-post-relaxer/transitioning-hair/

:evillaugh::heated: heh heh heh...drats...foiled again...:lachen:

On the real: I am only 13 months post, so I only have about 6-7 inches of NG. You can see some of my progress in my FOTKI :

@ 6 months: http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/september-2009/6-months-into-my-tr/

@ 12.5 months: http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/1-year-post-relaxer/transitioning-hair/

13 months and you're tryin to give ME hell!?!!
you are a lil devil!!!
Glad you're progressing nicely!!!
How long you goin? 2 years?

Gorgeous hair!!!!

I have been transitioning for a while but doing mini chops. My last relaxer was 12/30/2007. I could not deal with the three textures (bone straight relaxed, texlaxed & natural) and had lots of breakage.

You have beautiful curls!

Back