MBL 2010

I'm in! Back at APL after cuting my hair to SL in June. Not sure if I can reach full MBL by Dec 2010 but imma sure as heck try!
Are BSL and MBL basically the same thing?
Anywho I plan to continue doing what I'm doing now...wash and deep condition weekly.protein treatment when needed. I've found that my hair LOVES protein so daily moisture with Mane n' Tail stregthening spray (protein and moisture) or Jane Carter Revitalizing leave in and Jane Carter nourish and shine, just depends on what my hair needs that day. I hated the protective styling at first but I'm use to it now and its allowed me to retain a lot of my length so continue to protective style and very little heat for now. My last stretch was 16 wks but I think I'll relax around 12 or 14 wks this time around.
I also really wanna try MegaTek and/or Ovation Cell Therapy.

Major setback in 09' due to low or no daily moisture and keeping bun in same position. So, 2010 growth and retention is the name of the game.

Starting pic towards FULL midback:
attachment.php

I'm in. Will post my starting pic tonight or tomorrow when my photographer (aka hubby) is available.

This year I'm going to tweak my regi in order to fill the gap at my nape area.

• I will commit to drink a min of 8/8oz glasses of water daily.
  • Protective styles 6 1/2 days a week and will rotate the position of my bun
  • Moisturize twice a day (even when I'm not feeln it :ohwell:)
  • Relax every 12 weeks - I need to master maintaining moisture before moving beyond. I had dry tangles in my crown which didnt help growth.

Attachments

• 12-09.jpg
    12-09.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 295
Count me in too.
I plan to stop cutting my hair. I have cut it 6 times this past year. I just can't stop cutting it, every time I see a few split ends I cut Half an inch or one inch all over.
My hair is BSL.

I will:
Moisturize and seal once a day.
Henna once a month.
Condition regularly.

Good luck to every one!

I want to join this challenge. I thought I would've made MBL but I'm a really slow grower. I will post a starting pic at the beginning of Jan, but my avatar is from back in Sept.

I will continue to do the regime that got me to where I am now which is:
-Bunning every 3 days
-Stretching a min of 10 weeks
-DC 2 to 3 times a week
-No trimming
-Co-washing evey 3 days

I'm @ APL right now, its gonna be a stretch but I wanna fight for it. I'm all in :) Goal month is Dec 2010

My reggie(once a week)
Prepoo
Shampoo
DC
Detangle
Oil scalp - It gets itchy and very dry in the week
Leave In
Either roller set or bun
Moisturize nightly
Dusting, clarifying, and protein reconstructor as needed
NO TRIMS!

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm hoping to achieve bsl by the end of the year and I will shoot for mbl by next May. I will try to post a pic of my hair straight soon.

Attachments

• #17 Oct 2009.jpg
    #17 Oct 2009.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
I'm going to join this. I hope to make MBL by October of next year.:yep:

My plan:

Keep hair stretched 50-75% of the time, via twists, twistouts, braidouts, flat ironing, and buns.

Deep condition with every wash. I've really been slacking on this.

Hmmm.

I already joined the BSL in 2010 challenge, but after relaxing Monday, I realized I am already 2-3 inches past APL and set to reach BSL in late winter or early spring, depending on when I trim, so I think I can get to MBL by December. Not betting on full MBL, but something should be MBL.

So I'm joining this challenge too.

I'm BSB currently. Hopefully I'll be MBL by July of 2010.

Regimen:
DC 1-2x/week
Cowash 1-2x/week
Moisturize nightly (in braids if I'm not to lazy...)
Porosity control after every wash
Bonnets/scarves at night

Joining and Subscribing :D

I'm in too ladies! I need about 6 inches to get there, I'm almost at APL now. I'm sure I can get there, my hair has grown about 3.5 inches in about 5 months. I'll stick to the same regi and I'll dust this year. My main goal is to focus on nutrition and exercise to keep me motivated and on track, plus I usually have a growth spurt near the first of the year.

Im in...These pics are current and I gotta get MBL
Protective style
dc 1 every 2 weeks
castor oil 2 times a week
Biotin
MSM
No direct heat!

OK, I've finally gotten my nerve up to join this challenge. I'll post an official starting pic near the end of December. I'm currently about 2 inches from BSL, but I need a trim and I'm tall. The photo in the thumbnail was taken on Oct. 1st. I'm hoping to be full BSL by April 2010. I hope to be touching MBL by December 2010 :spinning:

Regimen:
  • Weekly Redken All-Soft Shampoo
  • Weekly Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor protein treatment
  • Weekly DC with Mixed Chicks DC or Alter Ego garlic treatment
  • Mid-week ayurvedic co-wash
  • Daily bunning with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, Miss Jessie's Buttercreme, and Argan oil
  • I'll only use heat about 6 times in all of 2010

Last, but not least, I'll keep my fingers crossed :drunk:

Attachments

• October 1, 2009.jpg
    October 1, 2009.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 42
I really want to join this challenge, but it may be a long shot for me since I'm at apl.

Matter of fact, I noticed some split ends and I'm going in for a trim today, so I may be barely grazing apl by the time I get back home. :ohwell:

:think: Screw it - I'm in! I don't think I need more than an inch taken off and that won't set me back that much.

I love reading everyone's plans and goals! I hope to get to MBL by June 2010. (but will be happy even if it takes a lil longer)

I'm in. I had horrible breakage in the back of my hair. Currently I am 2 months post. The back is just above apl. The rest of my hair is bsb. I want all of my hair mbl, so this challenge is exactly what I need to reach that goal.

Here is my starting pic:

Last edited:
I'm joining. I'm gonna get some good hair shears and give myself a good trim and start from there. Right now I'm about BSB and I've been slacking, but no more! 2010 is gonna be my year to get myself on track. :)

I really want to join this challenge, but it may be a long shot for me since I'm at apl.

Matter of fact, I noticed some split ends and I'm going in for a trim today, so I may be barely grazing apl by the time I get back home. :ohwell:

:think: Screw it - I'm in! I don't think I need more than an inch taken off and that won't set me back that much.

LiLi,
I am in the same boat as you, maybe barely apl. I will know next weekend when I straigthen. But just coming close to this goal will be a great achievement for me.

I'll join. I just reached BSB with my longest layer and I am transitioning. Nonetheless, I hope to be MBL next year.

I will deep condish once per week and do a protein treatment at least every other week. Protective styling 75% of the time.

Count me in! I am currently slightly past BSL (in the back), recovering from major Aug 09set back that caused APL on lft front side and VERY thin....

I am due for a relaxer retouch on 02/10/10 after 16 week stretch....will post starting pic then...No heat! Light Dusting w/every other relaxer.

I'm Excited!

I'd like to join!! I'm a little nervous, because I never really thought that my hair could be middle back until I found this forum. I'm BSB and in need of a dusting or maybe a good trim. I haven't trimmed in a year.

For this challenge, I will keep up my low manipulation regiment of weekly cowashing, leaving in my DC, and bunning daily. I will only wear my hair down on special occasions. I will do special deep treatments at least twice a month.

Happy Hair Growing!!

You guys, my trim doesn't look the best and I'm going to have it evened up in a couple of days.

This will put me above apl, but I'm going to stay in the challenge anyway. At least I'll be rid of any split ends and I'll have a healthy starting point.

Lesson learned - you get what you pay for.

I am also in the BSL 2010 challenge. I'm hoping to hit that in June, my 1 year anniversary. MBL is my goal and if I could make that by Dec 2010, I would be ecstatic. I'm currently about 20 weeks post and I'm unsure what my next move is. Relax again, BKT, or braiding it up. Once I make up my mind, I'll have some type of regimen. Will post a pic tmrw. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

Back