MBL 2010

Kellum

If you're BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) now, then you are already BSL. BSB is the accurate way to measure BSL. It's not a different length point. It's the same.

Yeah I know that, thanks. I claimed BSB and then when my hair gets to my bra I will claim BSL because I wear my bras lower than you are supposed to. Once I reach BSL it won't take much to get to MBL. It is just a way to keep me motivated. I broke my goals up: APL, BSB, BSL, MBL, and then maybe WL.

Kellum

I'm in! I am nowhere near APL yet, still sitting on nape length. However, to achieve the level you wanna reach ya gotta get with somebody further along the path than you, right?! So, count me in...and I'll follow hoping to at least achieve APL stat by end o 2010. Holla! ;)

That's a good way to think. I like that.

*CherryPie*

I just cut my hair today from past BSL to APL. I really needed a real CUT. I should have cut it when I started lurking this board a year ago.

So I think I should back out of this challenge. I might make MBL by dec 2010 but I don't like to put pressure on myself.

Good luck y'all. I know y'all will make it!!

exubah

I just cut my hair today from past BSL to APL. I really needed a real CUT. I should have cut it when I started lurking this board a year ago.

So I think I should back out of this challenge. I might make MBL by dec 2010 but I don't like to put pressure on myself.

Good luck y'all. I know y'all will make it!!

It's all about doing what's best for your hair. At least you will be starting the new year with great ends and who knows you might make MBL before Dec 2010 without "watching the pot"!

sheba1

I'm in!! I haven't made BSL yet and I haven't straightened since my siggy pic (Sep) but I am hoping to make BSL by March 2010; that may leave me enough time to make MBL by the end of the year since I have a short torso.

My reggie right now is to simply leave my hair alone! I'm in a sew in and I spritz my hair with a mixture of braid spray and aphogee green tea keratin daily. I DC on dry hair followed by a mild shampoo bi-weekly. I hope to keep this sew in until February :look:.

Then I will henna weekly and wet bun until March when I'll BKT and do a length check.

I'm taking viviscal, eating a high protein diet, exercising daily and working on my water intake. Really wanna be bomb (like Starronda bomb) by summer of 2010.

soonergirl

I will join.. I am just a tinch passed bsl. I will continue with my hair bunned... My loves are aveda damage remedy, emergencia, ors, castor oil, vatika oil, amla oil, red palm butter, he ltr, aphogee products, garnier fructis,Lots of water, chlorella, spirulina etc, etc.. Will keep it simple hoping to be there by July 2010.. Lets grow some hair ladies!!!

sheba1

Wow, I just had a moment. I really gotta kinda chuckle at myself, talkin about BSL and getting my longest layers to MBL by next year; when I've never had hair as long as the hair on my head right now in my whole life :spinning: The inspiration seen on LHCF can really change your belief system in regards to hair and what can be achieved.

bludaydreamr

i'm in this. i still need like 5-6 inches so 1 year worth of growth!

Me too! I plan on trimming with my next length check or when I reach BSL but, I still hope for at least the longest layer to touch MBL by next year's end. I have already started to improve my diet, and stay consistent with my supplements, regimen, and drink nothing but water.

Cleanse, Condition, Moisturize, Protect!

JJamiah

I am IN; My goal is MBL by December 2010 :) I have 3 trims planned in 2010, I have no set backs planned but who does :)

January I will post starting PICTURES!

Last edited:

*CherryPie*

It's all about doing what's best for your hair. At least you will be starting the new year with great ends and who knows you might make MBL before Dec 2010 without "watching the pot"!

Thanks! You're so right.

My ends were kinda thin and I want full, MBL hair.

I cut about 3 inches.

Last edited:

healthyhair2

I'm in too!! I am using Ayurvedic techniques as well as DC'ing 2 times a week. I also sleep in a silk scarf. I have a vitamin reggie and I'm using a growth aide. I'll keep you posted. Will take a new picture soon.

Ediese

I think I'll be 4" from waist in January, so I'll definitely be MBL sometime in 2010. I'm down for this challenge!

Galadriel

I'm in too. Looks like I won't make it for MBL '09 (Okay, this time I SWEAR I will stop trimming!)...so I'm shooting for MBL 2010 :yep:

I'm planning on keeping up with my Ayurveda as well as a KISS regimen with good old cowashing and alternating between buns, updos, and braidouts.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I would also like to join. Here's my reggie with challenges in my siggie:

Deep condition at least once a week
Light protein *every* week (I have fine hair which needs to stay strong)
Henna/Indigo once a month (Henna did my hair a world of good; I got lazy and stopped)
Relax every 16 to 20 weeks for me (Thinking about transitioning, but not sure)
Protective style a minimum of 90% of the time (4 or 5 days a week)
Rollersetting every week (Sundays)
Improve diet, exercise 5 days a week, drink at least 64 oz. of water every day.
Search and Destroy with slight trim of the ends every 16 to 20 weeks
Add castor oil to deep conditioner to thicken up hair every week
No Heat!!!! (I may do a BKT at some point during my stretch, but not sure)
Stick to the routine!!!

Bene

I'm already there (inching my way towards waist), but I wanted to drop in and wish everyone good luck on this one :) MBL is a major milestone for long hair, I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy the trip. So many new things to enjoy, learning new styles as well as learning how to manage the length, and keeping it healthy looking. Remember, MBL length hair is already a few years old and it requires lots of babying.

And patience. Can't stress enough how important patience is.

Anyway, good luck! :)

exubah

I'm already there (inching my way towards waist), but I wanted to drop in and wish everyone good luck on this one :) MBL is a major milestone for long hair, I hope everyone takes the time to enjoy the trip. So many new things to enjoy, learning new styles as well as learning how to manage the length, and keeping it healthy looking. Remember, MBL length hair is already a few years old and it requires lots of babying.

Thank you so much Bene for the well wishes and words of advice! :yep: It's always great to get words of wisdom from those who have "bin there" and "done that".

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

Thank you so much for the inspiration, sweetheart. :kiss:

Would you mind sharing your regimen with us? :think:

southerncitygirl

Can I join? I am apl and hope to be bsl by no later than april 2010. I'm a natural with tons of shrinkage so my reveal will be btw the end of april or sometime in may when its time for my dusting.

LoneStarGirl

This is my first post (I've been lurking, lol), but I'd like to join.
My only problem is that I'm transitioning - I'm actually a long time transitioner. My last relaxer was Sept 08. I keep my hair in a bun for the most part (besides occasional braidouts) and plan to do a length check in about a week and a half before my DH returns from deployment.

I think I may be a few inches from BSL now. I'm normally APL (layered).

I'm new to this, but wondered if I could grow it to my goal length and just trim the relaxed hair off from there?

I'll post a pic when I straighten my hair.

Galadriel

OT, but SP your new Avi threw me off...especially with that other thread about posters having similar screen names :lachen:. I had to do a double take.

I would also like to join. Here's my reggie with challenges in my siggie:

Deep condition at least once a week
Light protein *every* week (I have fine hair which needs to stay strong)
Henna/Indigo once a month (Henna did my hair a world of good; I got lazy and stopped)
Relax every 16 to 20 weeks for me (Thinking about transitioning, but not sure)
Protective style a minimum of 90% of the time (4 or 5 days a week)
Rollersetting every week (Sundays)
Improve diet, exercise 5 days a week, drink at least 64 oz. of water every day.
Search and Destroy with slight trim of the ends every 16 to 20 weeks
Add castor oil to deep conditioner to thicken up hair every week
No Heat!!!! (I may do a BKT at some point during my stretch, but not sure)
Stick to the routine!!!

exubah

This is my first post (I've been lurking, lol), but I'd like to join.
My only problem is that I'm transitioning - I'm actually a long time transitioner. My last relaxer was Sept 08. I keep my hair in a bun for the most part (besides occasional braidouts) and plan to do a length check in about a week and a half before my DH returns from deployment.

I think I may be a few inches from BSL now. I'm normally APL (layered).

I'm new to this, but wondered if I could grow it to my goal length and just trim the relaxed hair off from there?

I'll post a pic when I straighten my hair.

:welcome4: It's great to have you on board!! You will find as you search and research on the board that there are LHCFers that have transitioned and BC'd (big chopped) after many months of transitioning.

Bene

Thank you so much for the inspiration, sweetheart. :kiss:

Would you mind sharing your regimen with us? :think:

This is embarrassing, because I don't really have a regimen :blush: Everything I do to my hair is on an "as needed" basis. I wash when my hair starts to feel dirty, I use cheapie shampoo and conditioner (V05), and I damp bun with grapeseed oil. When my hair starts to feel gross, I clarify (with V05). Other than that, I bun maybe 95% of the time, the other 5% is when I wash or comb. Everything I do is low manipulation or benign neglect. I understand that low manipulation doesn't work for everyone. But my hair really likes to be left alone :lachen:

I'm a really bad example for hair regimens :perplexed The only thing I can tell ladies who are hoping to grow a bit longer is to protect your hair, the longer it is, the older it is, and has been exposed to the elements, heating appliances, rough fabrics, etc. Invest in hair friendly accessories, anything that won't snag or pull.

I really wish I had more information to give. Maybe some of the other ladies who have hit MBL could come in and give their advice? The only reason my hair grew was because I didn't do anything more than keep it clean and out of the way.

CurlyMoo

I'm already in the MBL 2009 challenge. But if I don't make it I will be adding myself on January 1, 2010, 12:00am

exubah

I'm already in the MBL 2009 challenge. But if I don't make it I will be adding myself on January 1, 2010, 12:00am

You are welcome at any time! :yep: Cheering you on to hopefully make it by 11:59:59 pm December 31st, 2009.

Kerryann

Im in the the BSL for 2010 Challenge but what the heck im going to push it Im in put me on the list
I dont know if i will make it but at least i will be close enough by the end 0f 2010