MAXIGLIDE PICS & 6 MONTH STRETCH PICS finally up

caligirl

Your hair looks amazing! My question is how do you blowdry your hair? If I could get that part down, flat ironing would be no problem.

brandy

You are truly blessed with beautiful hair. Good luck with your stretching. I think I am going to stretch up to 5 months.

dynamic1

Sylver2, you have great hair and incredible patience. First, to maxiglide all that hair yourself and next to detail it like you did in your album.

I wanna be like you, when I grow up. :)

dlewis

Sylver, sorry for all the questions, BUT do you relax your hair or do you go to someone else? I find the longer my hair gets it's hard to rinse the relaxer out because the hair gathers in the drain and my hair is not that long compared to yours.

sylver2

dlewis said:
Sylver, sorry for all the questions, BUT do you relax your hair or do you go to someone else? I find the longer my hair gets it's hard to rinse the relaxer out because the hair gathers in the drain and my hair is not that long compared to yours.

its fine:)
No i don;t relax my own hair. whenever I would..it broke off.
I go to a salon in NY and get my touchups. $30. Thats

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:
Hola chica:grin:
why was it tangly like that??..did u let the water run over it, did u let the DDC sit in about 3-5 mins to soften it first

U know what...the tangling was probably my own dayum fault...I wanted to be miss mixologist right before touch up time...(gonna get done before I jet out of state for the weekend)

Trying to kill time and do some kind of protein treatment before my touch up...I slapped emergencee on my hair with ors hair mayonnaise and left on for awhile...but my hair was okay with that...

I tried to do the Shikaki powder thingee...and it seemed alright at first...:look:
but after I got out the shower...hair in four separate sections from the braids....that left side in the front...got MAD...I mean hair pizzy!:mad:

The tangles didn't break free until I put some NTM Leave in on it and let it marinate....then the hair loosened up..but I lost like a good half a dollar piece size of hair. I wanted to let a tear come down like the Indian in the pollution commercial (see below)

but I manned up and sucked up the loss and just remained thankful it was just that area and not the rest of my head. *mental note..when it gets past 10 weeks...DO NOT BE TRYIN OUT NEW SH**:ohwell:

I messed up on that one...I don't think I put enough DDC on that area because the rest of my head was just fine..it was just that area.

And you know what....if I really put in the effort...I probably could stretch longer...cause it's the new growth I can't be bothered with - I think before I was flat ironing the roots, probably why I could go longer...I stopped doing that because I didn't want to use heat.

But...you are a dayum testament to stretching with those flat ironed roots.. :notworthy: :notworthy:

*off to go peruse Ra's fotki and gawk*

ETA: I just peeped that big arse satin scarf you got...dang! LOL

Last edited:

senimoni

WOW...thanks so much for the updates. I've been stalking for a hot minute. I don't know how you do it. I'm 10 weeks and I feel like I will die....the roots start out flat in the AM but by the time I come home in the evening it is re-poofed...if there is such a word. Beautiful!!!!

IntoMyhair

love your hair and like your album
good growing thanks for showing us how it's done
can't wait to see the updates

JewelleNY

Hey Sylver,

I love your hair!!! I have been wanting to buy a maxiglide and now I now I will:D I am at 11 months so this will give me a nice new look.

Thanks for sharing;)

(btw: I think we have the same hair type, can't wait till mine looks like yours;) )

mzlatisha

Everything is Energy
ur so lazy...good think i wasnt waiting with my maxiglide on...:D

sylver2 said:
Hi, I know some of u were waiting for me to put up the Maxiglide Pics and new 6 month Post Relaxer stretch pics. Its finally up.
Im Sorry for taking so long. I been promising since last year.
I hope u ladies enjoy it and find it helpful:)
Im on my 6 month stretch and will be touching up next week.

RubyWoo

Very, very nice! I love the detail that you provide in your album. It is very helpful! Thank you for sharing!

zzirvingj

Girl, you deserve a LHCF award for those tutorials!! :eek:

Thanks soooo much for showing how you use your maxiglide. I have one and I'm natural and have only used it one time (been afraid to use it since because of the teeth.) You inspire me to give it one more shot, though! ;)

But I have a question-do you work out? I was wondering if you experience any puffiness or reversion in the new growth/roots area over time. I know you said that flat ironing last you nearly 3 weeks at times. So it doesn't get poofy at all??

Gorgeous hair girl!! :) :) :)