MAXIGLIDE PICS & 6 MONTH STRETCH PICS finally up

sylver2

Hi, I know some of u were waiting for me to put up the Maxiglide Pics and new 6 month Post Relaxer stretch pics. Its finally up.
Im Sorry for taking so long. I been promising since last year.
I hope u ladies enjoy it and find it helpful:)
Im on my 6 month stretch and will be touching up next week.

dlewis

Your hair is amazing. Thanks for the photos. Do you think Ensure helped you with additional growth?

Not that I need to be drinking Ensure.:look:

sylver2

dlewis said:
Your hair is amazing. Thanks for the photos. Do you think Ensure helped you with additional growth?

Not that I need to be drinking Ensure.:look:

Thanks so much Dlewis
Nah..to tell the truth I don't think my hair has grown anymore. It was growing like crazy last year then all of a sudden seemed to stop. I won't really know until my touchup nex week, but its probably still the same length it was in October.

Victorian

old head
Whoa you really broke it down in that maxiglide album :lol: :up: I don't have a maxiglide but I flatiron very similarly as far as starting the sections in the back, and pulling the hair straight out to get the roots.

I love your messy braidout!

XXXtacy

Your hair is amazing. I love your album with your helpful tips.

I am thinking of purchasing the Maxiglide. After looking at your album it will be sooner rather than later.

SweetCaramel1

all i can say is wow! your hair is amazing. i can't believe how flat you get your new growth. i can't wait to see all the length you've gained.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl it was well worth the wait. :D You have defiantely inspired me to make this stretch last the entire 6 months. I made to wk 20 the last time but couldn't wait to see if I made it to BSL so I concked out and relaxed, lol.

I'm going to try your scarf method to help me along the way and start using both the satin scarf and bonnet to sleep in, it's like double protection.

I also think you will see some wonderful growth from this stretch, I'm thinking tailbone length.

Cincysweetie

Sylver, you're looking good! I looooooooove your hair! Good luck through the rest of your stretch.

Oh, question. Do you experience a lot of shedding when you stretch? Breakage? I have trouble stretching b/c my roots are so tangly that I end up coming out a lot of hair. It's making me not want to stretch anymore. I've found that the longer my hair gets, the harder it is to stretch.

MonaLisa

Cincysweetie said:
Sylver, you're looking good! I looooooooove your hair! Good luck through the rest of your stretch.

Oh, question. Do you experience a lot of shedding when you stretch? Breakage? I have trouble stretching b/c my roots are so tangly that I end up coming out a lot of hair. It's making me not want to stretch anymore. I've found that the longer my hair gets, the harder it is to stretch.

Good question and co-signing - and I have like 1/4 of the hair of you ladies have and I must've lost about a half dollar coin size worth of hair due to a tangle sitch on left side, front part of my hair last night (NTM got it loose, but dang! it still hurt to see:( ) - and I'm at the 3 month mark...before I could go at least 4 months or more...but now...for some reason it is becoming difficult to do that.

And Ra....Looking Lovely as usual chica - gawgeous hair..:D

Lynnerie

RA, Thanks for posting your pics and techniques in your album. I have your fotki saved as a favorite. :D Congratulations and I'm looking forward to seeing the length you've gained from your 6-month stretch. You are definitely one of my inspirations on this board. How long do you leave your relaxers in for?

Tee

Thanks for all the detailed information. I need to learn that blow out method! Beautiful hair.

texasqt

Cincysweetie said:

I'd like to know this also as well as how often do you trim within a 6 month stretch. Your hair is wonderful! :love:

The Girl

Girlllll I am one of your fotki stalkers and I was checking every week or so...lol. Your hair so pretty. Ok, off to the album:cool: :lol:

sylver2

Cincysweetie said:

Hey Cincy:wave:
Thank u.
As far as shedding I experience the regular normal amount. I don't really see it or notice it until I wash since I don't touch or bother my hair in between washings.
Thats the thing, my roots are probably always tangly but I don't touch them. As long as my roots LOOK flat and smooth then thats all that matters. I don't comb thru it or nothing until wash day. Then the running water and conditioner does the detangling for me.
For me it seems the longer my hair gets the easier it gets for me to stretch. I didn't even have to try hard for this 6 month stretch like I did the last one. I can probably keep on going for awhile with no real problems.

sylver2

alexstin said:
Beautiful!!!! Any particular reason you decided to do a 6 month stretch again?

I didn't really decide, it just happened that way. I kept saying I'll get a touchup nex week, then next week came, and I would say okay next week..lol.
It was pretty easy stretching this time.

sylver2

MonaLisa said:
Good question and co-signing - and I have like 1/4 of the hair of you ladies have and I must've lost about a half dollar coin size worth of hair due to a tangle sitch on left side, front part of my hair last night (NTM got it loose, but dang! it still hurt to see:( ) - and I'm at the 3 month mark...before I could go at least 4 months or more...but now...for some reason it is becoming difficult to do that.

And Ra....Looking Lovely as usual chica - gawgeous hair..:D

Hola chica:grin:
why was it tangly like that??..did u let the water run over it, did u let the DDC sit in about 3-5 mins to soften it first

sylver2

cluelessaka said:
RA, Thanks for posting your pics and techniques in your album. I have your fotki saved as a favorite. :D Congratulations and I'm looking forward to seeing the length you've gained from your 6-month stretch. You are definitely one of my inspirations on this board. How long do you leave your relaxers in for?
Thank u:)
I don't really know how long its left in for. She does entire head then goes back over it. Then if its burning washes it out right after. I know I usually have it to where hair is bone straight.

texasqt said:
I'd like to know this also as well as how often do you trim within a 6 month stretch. Your hair is wonderful! :love:
ooh thank you
I don't trim during. I trim after. I will be getting a much needed trim this touchup coming.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
All that long pretty hurr! :love: You know that if I'd seen your album when I first hit the boards I'd probably still be a permie right?:)

I have sat here and looked at every new pic in your album. Got a question though, when I look at pictures 57 and 59 in your "6 MONTHS POST RELAXER STRETCH 2007" album, I wonder if you wouldn't get the same result by just tying your blow dried hair down using your scarf method instead of maxigliding?

Your regimen works well for you so if it ain't broke...but my arms were hurting watching you flat iron your hair, I know you gotta be a tired so-so after that.

sylver2

JCoily said:
All that long pretty hurr! :love: You know that if I'd seen your album when I first hit the boards I'd probably still be a permie right?:)

I have sat here and looked at every new pic in your album. Got a question though, when I look at pictures 57 and 59 in your "6 MONTHS POST RELAXER STRETCH 2007" album, I wonder if you wouldn't get the same result by just tying your blow dried hair down using your scarf method instead of maxigliding?

Your regimen works well for you so if it ain't broke...but my arms were hurting watching you flat iron your hair, I know you gotta be a tired so-so after that.

Hey JC, I was hoping u'd be here:) Thank u so much
You are right when u say I can achieve the same results just blowdrying instead of flat iron... But when I flat iron..it lasts for up to almost 3 weeks. I don't have to touch it, comb it, nothing. As oppose to when I just leave it blow dried and tied, it poofs up in a matter of days and I have to wash it sooner.

Oh yeh, the Maxigliding doesn't really take that long, its just looks like it takes long in the pics..lol. About 45 mins total. Nah my arms are use to doing stuff to my hair so they don't really get tired..lol