Look what I found!!!

Nessa

HoneyRocket if you have more stories like that please post it. Cause that is some good stuff. I printed it out. I mean it was good and it inspires me to keep on going.
Well thanks for posting.

serena

Thanks so much for posting that, HoneyRockette. It's motivated me afresh to be good to my hair, and to try to reach those elusive extra inches! I'm going to try to be really, REALLY nice to my hair till the end of the year and see what happens.
I'm adding this post to my favourite threads list.

love2praz

Wow! I remember that article. (That was waaaay back in my "lurker" days.
)That was a very inspiring story for me when I began growing out my hair a few years ago. So, seeing now that I'm back to square 1, this article is absolutely motivating.
Thank you, Honeyrockette!

CynamonKis

Re: Look what I found!!!-PLEASE clarify \"moisture\"

Hi:

I printed this for my "notebook", but can someone please clarify for me what I should be shooting for in moisturizing my hair?

Apparently, the girl in this article used water and a conditioner, and not oil. Some people use the S-curl stuff. I really love Sweetcoca's hair butter can I do both with water? Please advise. Thanks.

AJamericanDiva

I have so much printed posts and hair info, that I've begun savin them as work files on CDs....

LondonDiva

Thanks HoneyRockette it's much appreciated. I too remember Yvette
from BHC

I don't know if you do it intentionally but your thread titles are always slightly dramatic I can't help but go in and take a peek about what you're talking about

happylocks

I am natural 4ab thick hair, How do I keep my ends safe, I cant put my hair in a bun
, I dont like bKnots, but if that is the only way I will take it. Would coconut oil or other ones be a conditioner. and did she do this everyday thanks

AZJeepgurl

Wow, HoneyRockette!

You just took us former BHC-er's waaaay back. I sure do remember being infatuated with Yvette along with everyone else. I have her posts stored somewhere in an old hair folder.

I remember she had a very simple regime. It sucks that we never got to see pics though. But lots of women on that board were smitten with her.

She was very sweet and had a great attitude.

The one and only time I ever tried to relax my own hair was after reading her posts. Dark and Lovely underprocessed me and the thought of not putting oil on my ends freaked me out.

However, in looking back at a b4 and after pics I took of my hair w/in a one year time span, I noticed a whole lot of growth. ( I think I posted those pics in the photo gallery).

This was about the time that I was following Yvette's system and she is definitely the one who got me started using Creme of Nature and I still use it at least once a month.

I believe 4-5 weeks is too soon for touchups but maybe with that weak D&L relaxer, it was ok.

I recognized my questions to her that are numbered in your post.hahahahha...I wanted to know EVERY LITTLE THING that she did!! I think I was AZsista on that board(as well as on BHSGO), not sure!

Thanks for sharing that and taking us back!

AZJeepgurl

Wow! HoneyRockette,

You inspired me to go searching for my old hair folder, which luckily was pretty easy to find in my overstuffed garage.

I just saw that I posted as myself (Tammi).

Wow, it's so cool to read all my "old" hair tips. I think I will follow your lead and re-post pertinent info I found from the old Boards.

Thanks again!
AZ

MaryJ

[ QUOTE ]
I am natural 4ab thick hair, How do I keep my ends safe, I cant put my hair in a bun
, I dont like bKnots, but if that is the only way I will take it. Would coconut oil or other ones be a conditioner. and did she do this everyday thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat. I don't have enough hair for a bun but I can't wait till I do because then life will be so much easier at least as far as taking care of my hair goes. I am going to wear braids or twists for a year taking them down every 2-3 months then redo them. I don't have anything on my ends other than a little hair butter right now and I think that's okay because its a moisturizing butter but I'll use conditioner on the ends after my next shampoo. I think you can use whatever conditioner works best for you. I'm not relaxed anymore but when I did I did notice that when you perm the conditioner that comes with the perm seems to work best. I was always running around trying to find a big bottle of the conditioner that comes with revlon realistic, my relaxer of choice - but I never did find it. I guess its because product lines are formulated to work together. She used D&L relaxer so that's probably why D&L conditioner worked best for her. Anyway if you don't wear braids or twists you can probably just work a little conditioner on your ends on a regular basis. I can't say how often you should do it but it should be enough that your ends never feel dry. I wasn't on BHC but what the lady is saying makes sense. The people I know with super long hair never fussed with it a whole lot, never used a lot of expensive products and didn't have extensive vitamin regimens so I totally believe her when she basically says its about leaving your hair alone, detangling very gently and keeping the ends protected. I relate when she talks about resisting temptation to wear her hair out when the weather gets warm. Even if I get two inches of growth I want to show it off, but if you get caught up in that then you loose the two inches pretty fast from too much styling and that's how you go from year to year with the same length of hair and you start to believe that its because your hair doesn't grow. I've been caught up in that cycle for years. So definitely I'm sure she's right, if you have a goal and that goal is long hair then you are going to have forego playing with your hair for a while and in the long run it will be worth it.

fletgee

Wow, I remember her on the 1st hair board I ever read on line. I was too shy to post, but I read and printed so much off that board that I have 2 notebooks full of info. I often wonder what became of her. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Sweetyb

Wow, thanks for that post.

You know, I found a hair guide on the Wanakee.com (hairoil.com) website that Yvette mentioned. I am assuming that maybe that was the hair care booklet? It sounded just like what Yvette spoke about anyway.

Nonie

OMG, what a treat to read that! Thank you soooo much. Ya know, I have mentioned that until very recently, I never applied any leave-ins in my hair. I just washed and deep-conditioned my hair twice a week, except the night before my wash when I'd apply an oil on my hair (not scalp) and sleep in a plastic cap. I'd also trim my hair every now and then when I undid a braid to redo it more tidily (I redo one at a time) which is how I got rid of all my relaxed hair. The trimming used to irk my bf no end - he hates to see scissors held anywhere near a lady's hair.
Then I discovered Cathy Howse and introduced Dew to my routine. And then I discovered this board and started a wish-list of products I was gonna add to my regimen.
But now, thanks to HoneyRockette, this thread shows up! Girl, you couldn't have posted this at a better time.
It's just what I needed to keep the PJ in me in check. I too will save it for reference.

Yvette writes very well. I was swelling with anticipation as I read about how her day of reckoning was turning out.
(Did I mention suspense/thrillers are my favorite kind of movies?
)

A

anks

i use dark and lovely perm kit and the conditioner comes in that. i love that perm. i made a post on it so just type in dark and lovely you can read about it.

soslychic

Great info honeyrockette!
I may have to get rid of some of the hair items on my list. Maybe all that's not necesary:)

keke

I know this is very old but i just noticed that the woman that did that post bout how she got all that hair in such a short amount of time i am very happy to see that she got it that long(4 inches from waist) in a year. Instead of others i've heard gain that much in 3 years. She gained it w/o the use of vitamins too. :^) Something to look forward too be able to do w/o esp. since some of the vitamins are expensive

pookeylou

Woe is me...I hate the simple truth.

Leave your hair alone and it will grow on its own.

What is a PJ to do?