What should I do?! I need help!

Mercie

Lately my hair has been loosing long strands of hair it doesn't look like it's just little peices that broke off some how.

I'm thinking that maybe I need a protein treatment but when I touch my hair it feels soft and not too mushy.
I think I have been overmoisturizing the ends but, I stopped for a few days and I'm still loosing a lot more hair than I usually do when I comb the hair.

I have been wearing my hair in hair clips a lot lately.
I wanted to use them as a protective style since my hair isn't long enough to make a decent pony or bun. Are the clips causing my hair to shed?

What should I do?:wallbash:

(My hair is relaxed 2weeks post)

Last edited:

msa

No the clips aren't causing your hair to shed. It just sounds like you're having regular shedding. Humans shed 50-100 hairs a day on average so if you're getting that amount you shouldn't worry. It's not because your hair is overmoisturized, shedding is what hair does. A protein treatment or anything else isn't going to stop it.

If you start getting bald spots, then there may be a problem. Otherwise, you're fine so there's no need to worry.

CaliDiamond

I agree with MSA...Try stimulating oils on your scalp or add them to your conditioner...I noticed this helps with shedding. (Peppermint, rosemary, tea tree, eucalyptus)

WaistLengthDreams

Yea, I agree with the MSA and THick&Fine. Relax, hair sheds as a part of its normal life cycle. If it become excessive, then maybe you should begin to worry.

Mercie

okay, thanks guys.
It just looks like I'm loosing a lot more than I'm used to. D:
Good thing I'm going to wash my hair this sunday.