Let's Start an MN Challenge!!!!

I'm in because ive had braids in my hair for years taking them out only to put them back in again.I plan to take them out in about two weeks and use phytoII. So i'll use the mn ( already purchased) until I relax.

Ladies I have a question about my mix.

I used a 4 oz container to make a mix, and only used one tube of the Generic CVS Monistat (4%). Should I add another tube, or is 1 4% tube good for 1-4oz oil/cream mix?

I'd like to be in. Are we allowed to mix MN with anything we want? Like BT or other concoctions?

Hi MsKipani,

I've been using Tasha's recipe and here's her thread on the recipe she uses that could answer that question for you:-

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=171799

I hope this could help you. I lurked for a while before I decided to try putting MN on my head, but after seeing Tasha's hair after just a few weeks, hey let's just say I'm a believer now.

I'm in. Started around Saturday I think.

I will be using 2% Walgreens brand mixed with some other stuff every other night.

happy growing ladies . also for the lady that said she was using the MN only on her nape and then she started using with the BT here is the thing .. I feel athat you got the growth from the combination because as in the MTG the sulfur grows the hair but the cade oil acts like a scalp cleaner that allows it to penetrate so therefore in your case the BT works we all kno that but the MN purifies the scalp and allows it to penetrae aswell as stimulate growth. also I feel that everyone should mix something else with thier MN because it is potent . even if just some kind of oil .. IMO

happy growing ladies . also for the lady that said she was using the MN only on her nape and then she started using with the BT here is the thing .. I feel athat you got the growth from the combination because as in the MTG the sulfur grows the hair but the cade oil acts like a scalp cleaner that allows it to penetrate so therefore in your case the BT works we all kno that but the MN purifies the scalp and allows it to penetrae aswell as stimulate growth. also I feel that everyone should mix something else with thier MN because it is potent . even if just some kind of oil .. IMO

That was me! That definitely makes sense. I have actually taken a break from the MN and BT because I am getting a perm next week (YAY!!) I can't wait to see my progress!

I'm in. Been in for about 2 weeks. Does anyone happen to find it drying? Did I not mix it with enough oils?

I want in! I started today. I mixed w/BT and coconut oil. I'm looking forward to the amazing results that everyone talks about.

I wanna join too, if it's not too late. I started using MN on Sunday Nov 25th. I apply it every other night. I can't wait to see what happens.

I'm checking in to the challenge and....:yep:MN Works!!!

I am simply amazed at my results, no lie!!! I took a picture October 7th and one today, Decemeber 16th and see a significant difference. I'm talking 1 1/2 inches of growth straightened with a hot comb. Mind you I BC'd / boy cut in May. My hair is length is as follows:
back-sitting on my neck, sides- fall right at lower end of ears, bang-fall 1/4 inch above brows. I can make a small pony tail

If only I knew how to transfer pics of from my cell phone to this thread...Any suggestions on how to do this?

I'm checking in to the challenge and....:yep:MN Works!!!

I am simply amazed at my results, no lie!!! I took a picture October 7th and one today, Decemeber 16th and see a significant difference. I'm talking 1 1/2 inches of growth straightened with a hot comb. Mind you I BC'd / boy cut in May. My hair is length is as follows:
back-sitting on my neck, sides- fall right at lower end of ears, bang-fall 1/4 inch above brows. I can make a small pony tail

If only I knew how to transfer pics of from my cell phone to this thread...Any suggestions on how to do this?

You can try e-mailing it to yourself first. Just put your e-mail address in the TO: section and then save to your computer. Post from there.

I would like to join but here is my situation; I have braids in at the moments I am almost 9wks post and I have to relax by new years, then I will start applying MN. Can I still join?

i'm doing a month test run of mn on a front section of my hair
just some sulfur 8 and mn that my mother had around the house

i'll test it out
and if it works out for me
i'll go out and actually buy the stuff

i wonder if it would work out if i mixed lenzi's request w/ some of the mn?

I'm still in, but I've come to realize that medium size plaits are not the best hairstyle for this challenge. Most of the scalp is covered and it may result in uneven growth.

Here's what I've done thus far:

Week 1: 2 applications
Week 2: No applications (I moved and that interrupted my routines)
Week 3: 1 application
Week 4: 1 application

I will do 1 application in week 5 (next week; my final week).

At the end of week five, I plan on getting my hair cornrowed. I plan on changing my regiment then.

I haven't seen above normal growth as of yet. But I've also decided to use this experiment to test my response to the product. The true test will occur during the cornrow phase my plans, when I have great access to my scalp. I will still post pictures at the end of the challenge.

I took out my plaits tonight. They were locking :nono:. Real bad. It was a complete surprise. I haven't had issues with locking since spring of 2006 when I had my relaxed hair in braids. I think the hair starting matting because I increased the number of deep conditioning I did each week while decreasing the amount of water-only rinses. I don't know if I experienced any "extra" growth from using MN; plaits really aren't a good way to track short-term progress. But here are my pics. Noticed how different my texture looks immediately after combing and few weeks later :spinning:.

~Nov. 24, 2004~ .............................~Dec. 17, 2007~
Length_Comparison_MNuse.jpg

I'm new to using MN thanks to LHCF members' posts, I've been won over.
Started using it every day on 12/28/07.
I plan to use it for 6 weeks daily to see if it will fill in some bald/thin patches I've had trouble growing after years of alternating harsh relaxing, Braiding etc etc.
I will post pictures of my progress at 6 weeks.
I'm using 2% MN mixed with EVOO at night massaged into my problem areas and baggie my whole head.
Lets see if this stuff works for me....
Heres my starting pic:

Attachments

• thin areas left side.jpg
    thin areas left side.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm in too. Did my first application on Thursday after a wash.....It's so much damn work it's going to be so hard to be faithful. This week I'm planning to get a coat in atleast every other day. I'm using the Monistat 2% because I couldn't find anything else in Wal-mart and I had this on hand. Does anyone have an easier way of applying? I'm doing the 1cm part and finger on. Also, if I was to dilute it with water or oil, would it slow down the result time?

Hey I see you're a Sailor Saturn fan too!!

But anyway, i apply mine in a mix with a q-tip. To me, this ensures that it all goes on the scalp and not the hair. When I apply it, I go in small circles with the q-tip and this sort of gently exfoliates the scalp so that i can gently remove build-up, but at the same time, allow new mixture to go into the scalp better. HTH :)

I'm in I started last week. I mix 1 jar sulfur 8; 1 tube MN 2%;1/4 cup baby oil. I'm still tweaking the mix because it stinks and it's greasy but my hair seems to love it.

NO FIAR NO FAIR .. I can't even join this challenge because #1 I HAVE USED ALREADY AND #2 i AM ON A MN LEAVE FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF OCTOBER ...:sad: BUT BELIEVE ME SISTAS I WILL BE BACK AND SWANGING .. I had planned to start a challenge in NOvember but I will wait until this chalenge is done with .. now ladies I must tell you that if you all want to be cute at work you better get a half wig or some braids because you will not be able to go six weeks with the NG MN will give you I know I have the real proof... I read on another board that a member had to relax at 4 weeks after MN because she had too much NG .. it was like she was about to grow locks :lachen:.. anyways I will def check in on you guys goooooood luck to you all :yep:

Thanks for the support you inspired me to look into MN:notworthy

Count me in I will be starting next week. I'm trying to stretch for 6 months so I hope I'll be able to do both. But if it grows so much that I can't that's still good news.

Attachments

• 123107.jpg
    123107.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9
Back