Let's talk about MN

jprayze

There is the original massive thread about MN that's been running since 2002, but at this point I am interested in what's been going on currently and would love to hear from any long-term users.

I currently in a MN challenge (link in siggy) and I'm experiencing great growth, but I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions:

1. What happens when you stop using MN? is there like massive shedding, dry scalp, or some awful setback?
2. How long is considered safe enough to use MN? weeks, months, years?
3. Anyone out there we know who has used MN for their entire hair growth journey? If Yes! we would to hear from YOU!

There is the original massive thread about MN that's been running since 2002, but at this point I am interested in what's been going on currently and would love to hear from any long-term users.

I currently in a MN challenge (link in siggy) and I'm experiencing great growth, but I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions:

1. What happens when you stop using MN? is there like massive shedding, dry scalp, or some awful setback?
2. How long is considered safe enough to use MN? weeks, months, years?
3. Anyone out there we know who has used MN for their entire hair growth journey? If Yes! we would to hear from YOU!

1. I have recently stopped taking MN and have not noticed any irregular shedding. I was shedding a bit because I wear buns most of the week and I have to fight with shed hair on wash day. I read somewhere that the shed hairs you lose when taking growth aids are because of newer healthier strands growing in it's place but don't quote me on that though. But so far my hair has not thinned out because of shedding.

2. I heard you should take breaks off of MN maybe if you are on it for two months, give yourself a 1 month break. I also read that you should not take it for long periods of time.

Look at chavascandy on youtube. She has crazy long hair all due to mn. It looks like she's been constantly using it for a couple of years too.

I've been thinking about working MN into my regimen by using it 1 week straight each month.

But I wasn't sure how to do it. Use everyday for a week or just incorporate into my routine at least 1 week a month (possibly 2-3 times with my other weekly routines)??

So I'm interested in this as well.

From what I've read online, the shedding can be a problem if you abruptly stop using MN. I guess its better to lower the dosage gradually once you are ready to stop using it.

Back