Let's see your summer styles!!!

RabiaElaine

Faith said:
Nice hair..what kind of braiding hair is that? Can I get it online? Thanks :)

Yes you can order online. It's from Adorables Hair company or something like that...they also have a store in Manhattan. I'll find the site for you and post it. The hair is a mix, 70% french refined and 30% spanish wavy hair. If you want that exact look give them that info and they mix it for you. I loved that hair...it was pricey though...I paid about 225 and I didn't even have enough for my head...I had to mix in some cheap bss hair which tangled in the back.

This time around I used cheaper hair which tangles too. That hair from last summer is the best for a curly look.

crlsweetie912

One more. It's a sew in I have now.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Pokahontas, your hair is beautiful! :love:

I have been wearing a stretched out afro puff... but I need to give my hair a rest from all the dry combing... once I get this wash-n-go technique down, that will be my summer style. ;)

amy1234

I just purchased my first phonypony, I am finally crossing over!! j/k :lol:
But this will be a nice way to give my hair a break also...will post pics soon...

Last edited:

amy1234

let's see if this works...

This is my phony pony

Attachments

• IMG_5385-vi.jpg
    IMG_5385-vi.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5400-vi.jpg
    IMG_5400-vi.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 60

zzirvingj

sareca said:
It's dukey dukes for the next 4-5 weeks. Then back to individuals.

Please tell me how long these took? They look great. Did you do them yourself? I'd love to see some more shots of these braids-you've got me thinking of trying this out!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Poohbear said:
Pokahontas, your hair is beautiful! :love:

I have been wearing a stretched out afro puff... but I need to give my hair a rest from all the dry combing... once I get this wash-n-go technique down, that will be my summer style. ;)
Thanks Poohbear. Yeah, i'm doing wash n' go's now also. I think I've finally perfected mine, lol. It takes a lot of trial and error so I know what you mean.

sareca

zzirvingj said:
Please tell me how long these took? They look great. Did you do them yourself? I'd love to see some more shots of these braids-you've got me thinking of trying this out!

I paid someone to do 'em just 'cause I was lazy. It took about 5 hours. I have a couple more pics in my album. But I have to tell you I don't like them at all. When I asked the braider to make them bigger and she showed me a picture, they didn't look like dukeys. I would have said :nono:. They're heavy (especially wet) and I think I look like a 5 year old. :ohwell: But I'm keeping them until August 3 as planned. Next time I'll check while she's braiding. This time I really wasn't paying attention because I thought we had a clear understanding.

http://public.fotki.com/Serica/hair_to_stay/2006/july_2006/dukey_braids/

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Here's what I"m wearing now. Thanks everyone for posting your summer hairstyles. I was very inspired. I have a lot of new styles I want to try.

Attachments

• 081548.jpg
    081548.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 081137.jpg
    081137.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 081017.jpg
    081017.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 081531.jpg
    081531.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 7

crlsweetie912

Pokahontas your hair is the bomb! So pretty and you can see how healthy it is. Here is the one I am wearing now. This is gonna be a staple for me.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
crlsweetie912 said:
Pokahontas your hair is the bomb! So pretty and you can see how healthy it is. Here is the one I am wearing now. This is gonna be a staple for me.

Thanks girl.

Wow, that is really pretty! And it's very unique. I love the color.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
crlsweetie912 said:
Thanks Pokahontas! U got me cheesin :)
It's just a banana clip with curls. Very easy!
Oh wow, I'd never guess it was just a banana clip. It looks like a fancy updo that would take forever to do. Great job. I love easy styles.

applebottom

Pokahontas said:
Here's what I"m wearing now. Thanks everyone for posting your summer hairstyles. I was very inspired. I have a lot of new styles I want to try.

What do you apply to your hair when you do your wash n go's? Very nice

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
applebottom said:
What do you apply to your hair when you do your wash n go's? Very nice
Thank You. For the last pics I posted all I used was Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner as a leave-in and I layered a small amount of Sunsilk No-Frizz over it. I brushed it through w/ my Denman brush which really helps w/ curl definition.

kombov_dymond

crlsweetie, please do tell how you acheived this style with a banana clip. It's cute. Thanx

crlsweetie912 said:

crlsweetie912

kombov_dymond said:
crlsweetie, please do tell how you acheived this style with a banana clip. It's cute. Thanx

Well kombov: I slicked back the sides with Glaze (elasta qp) then secured with a regular banana clip. Then I rolled the front/top and did the back last. I started from the crown and then did the nape last. Then I airdried overnight, smoothed the front cause I didn't want a lot of hair in my face (it's almost 100 degrees here) and then used a little coconut oil for shine!