Whats your summer hair style going to be?

longhairlover

I haven't figured out how I want to wear my hair this upcoming summer, I do know that I am tired of wearing my hair out in the same style/look. I want a change, I was thinking maybe small braids in the front with possibly a sew in in the back, I have never worn hair other than my own, but I love weave and braided styles. I don't want to cut even though shoulder length would be nice for summer.

Of course I think I am also going to rock protected styles. I wanted to perm this summer, but I just don't feel like it, so I may just rock the waves.

I was just wondering how are you ladies going to wear your hair this summer?

Probably knot outs and wash and gos. I'll be 9 months post in May and my hair should be full MBL, so dealing with my transition will be a little difficult. As little manipulation as possible while still retaining moisture is key

Probably just the usual buns and maybe some braidouts/twistouts.

I am kinda/sorta considering going back to cornrows for a while. Maybe even giving my old hairdresser who I haven't contacted in 2 years a call.:blush:

We'll see.

I am natural so I will be doing twist outs, braidouts, puffs and protective styles here and there. I haven't straightened since going natural so I no I won't be doing that in summer I wouldn't even dare.

Probably box braids since I am transitioning, and if I sweat my NG out, then I will guaranteed look like a hot mess.

I can't master the braid outs for some reason. and wash and go's caused me to have to short patches of hair missing lol!!! it seems like buns and braidouts will be the way to go. along with braids/weaves possibly.

I love the curly weaves and I think those will be good for the summer. I just have to make sure my scalp gets air, because b4 one summer i almost fainted from having my hair out and a heatwave while standing in line at popeyes lmao, this old lady had to walk me home lmao!

:love:Im wearing a curly sew-in right now and I believe I will continue. I love these things and they really help with growth.:spinning:

I actually think I'm going to wear as many hairstyles as I can...hopefully I'll be APL by then so I wear a few more protective styles using just my hair. I'm actually looking forward to this summer.

Twists.

I will try braid outs and twist outs too-I have to find a way to keep the frizz factor from the humidity in check though.

I'll be wearing my hair down more along with my usual updos.

Twists, twist outs, buns, wng's once I get a good trim. I'm going back to cowashing almost daily so mainly messy buns for me.

Back