Ladies who airdry in rollersets: HOW LONG??!? (Isis?)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm still confused about something...

It takes my hair forever to dry. I guess that's good because it means that my hair is holding moisture. But, I am really digging condition washes.

Some women like to airdry in rollersets or by adding a few rollers to wet hair in a ponytail.

But I tried this and woke up this morning with drenched hair. I mean, it's as if my hair didn't dry at all. I took the roller out and my hair just fell wet and straight. I didn't know what to do with the hair. Had to go to work, so I just put it in a wet bun, which I hate doing because I think this could cause breakage. There has to be a better way.:sad:

For those of you who have had success airdrying with rollers, (Isis?), how long does it take for your hair to dry completely?

Is there advice to improve airdrying techniques?

I don't want to airdry with hair hanging straight anymore...:nono:

Thanks!

SP :blowkiss:

glam-

FWIW, I used to airdry rollersets when I was relaxed and I couldn't usually get totally dry overnight, but close- so I would blow dry the rest of it while still in rollers (this was pre-LHCF). Now, I'm natural and my hair is a lot healthier- the airdrying in rollers is just not happening- it's a disaster. It would literally be days before I was dry. Some people say they sit under the dryer for a little while at first and then let the rollerset hair airdry the rest of the way overnight.

Lady Esquire

I no longer airdry 100% in rollers...unless I have all day. But now I usually do about 30 mins under dryer, than I get up and lounge around the house and if need be, I go back under the dryer again later.

drasgrl

I use flexi rods not rollers so that might make a difference. I wash at night and 90% of the time it's dry when I wake up unless I put too much hair in one and it doesn't dry all the way but other than that I have no problems. I would just make sure you don't have too much hair in the roller so it will take the same amount of time to dry.

Xavier

I always wondered how long Isis' hair took to dry since it is so thick and she has stated many times that she airdries her hair.

My hair is now APL and it is very thick. It usually takes me a minimum of 3 hours under the hooded dryer when I rollerset.:perplexed I tried doing 1 hour under the hooded dryer and then air dry the rest of the way, and in the morning my hair was a mess and still wet.