I'm just going to put it out there...Does your pubic hair look like your natural hair

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Re: I'm just going to put it out there...Does your pubic hair look like your natural

Ummm no, they are two different types of hair. Hair down there (and under your arms) is more "protective" so it's thicker, coarser and had a limited amount of growth.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Re: I'm just going to put it out there...Does your pubic hair look like your natural

We're about to have a completely different type of hair envy up in here. :lachen:

locoabouthair

:blush:Oh golly. :blush:

PUH-LEEZE Ladies, DO NOT start posting hair goals for down there. :nono:

lol

there is no way I would let it grow anyway........brazillian is it for me.......hair down there grosses me out

Last edited:

LunadeMiel

Co-signing, my pubes are a 3a maybe 2b and the strand are extremely thick. I've actually done a stand test on my pubes :blush: and its really hard to break them...Now the hair on my head is a 4a and pretty fine. So I would say a no go on the similar texture

Mine are a coarse 1b with very thick strands. They are definitely unbreakable. I pulled and pulled, nothing...:ohwell:

Missi

I'm going to say this because I've always thought this::lachen:

My pubes have so much sheen, it's amazing. I wish my hair on my head had a natural brillant sheen.

mines too:lachen::lachen:. I was always so scared to start a thread like this: my eyebrows, underarm hair, leg hair, pube hair: every hair but my head hair is at least a 2b or 3a:

it curls when wet: thats it (probably TMI) but its not fair

ajargon02

The hair on your head and your pubic hair are totally, two different kinds of hair.

:lachen: Okay I know that we all have thought about this at one time or another, but to see someone asking, well that was just plain funny!!!! TOTALLY different ...........:spinning:

blazingthru

Straight and silky and grey- I heard your missing a mineral if it greys early. Ugh its not pretty, grey in spots. I use neem or a cream that removes hair and off it goes. Love it shaped and trimmed.

CoCoRica

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Not at all.

I don't know what to call the pube hair its not a 4 anything, but the head on my hair sure is. If it wasn't out of character I wld post a pic, but I know, TMI!!!!!!!!!!

CoCoRica

Straight and silky and grey- I heard your missing a mineral if it greys early. Ugh its not pretty, grey in spots. I use neem or a cream that removes hair and off it goes. Love it shaped and trimmed.

Really? Grey. I have 2 grey's. Maybe I will get a hair analysis to see what's missing. One day I just noticed it, I was like, WTH :blush:!

Cinnabuns

I'm a 2a in that department :lol:

Anancy

Gosh you no what for a long time now, before the hairs can get too long, my hubby helps me wax it all off.

I remember it being curly, and the strands are darker than the hair on my head, thicker strands, and quite tough really - unbreakable.

Mine is straight too, I wonder why that is.

KiniKakes

Lol, I was just talking about this with my best friend. Mine are super straight for some reason with no curl at all.

:lol: The question is a good one......... but i'd have to say no, the two arent the same, and one is not an indication of the other. Like Janet, mine is bone straight with NO curl pattern at all. When it grows out its looong and straight, like Type 1 or 2 hair. :lol: On the other hand, the hair in my head is 4a.

So nope, i wouldnt cut your hair expecting your new growth to match your pubes. That is a gamble i just wouldnt take. :spinning:

:lol: The question is a good one......... but i'd have to say no, the two arent the same, and one is not an indication of the other. Like Janet, mine is bone straight with NO curl pattern at all. When it grows out its looong and straight, like Type 1 or 2 hair. :lol: On the other hand, the hair in my head is 4a.

So nope, i wouldnt cut your hair expecting your new growth to match your pubes. That is a gamble i just wouldnt take. :spinning:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
______________ cosign!!!!

VirtuousGal

I wonder if it is different because it is always covered and moisturized?

I think this makes a lot of sense, because you wash it daily (moisture) and then presumably wear underwear (protective styling).

NaturallyBlonde

LOL... I had this convo with one of my friends last week. Mine is curly at the top and on the sides its straight. I wanted to know if that was "normal." And its not the same color as the hair on my head.:lachen:

wannabelong

They have a different texture, however, I did find a grey one. :ohwell:

QUINN

Okay, why did my just hittin' puberty 11 year old and I have this conversation today? LOL! He asked me why his pubes are a different texture. Yes, he used the word texture...I've turned my sons into hair gurus! LOL! I told him I didn't know why. He said he wished the hair on his head which is really coarse was more like the hair down there. I said join the club.:lachen::blush::lachen:

ETA: I have more gray down there than on my head! Thank God for small favors.:yep:

QUINN

I think this makes a lot of sense, because you wash it daily (moisture) and then presumably wear underwear (protective styling).

LMAO, only a LHCFer!

Luvmylife

There has got to be some study out there as to why that is; could it be the natural juices gives it all that??

Girl...don't say that too loud, that will be the next hairgrowth challenge :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one...my textures are completely different. (2ish silky but thick in in the pants, 4ish brittle thin mess on the head:lol)

Last edited:

Crissi

I wonder if it is different because it is always covered and moisturized?

I thought this too!

I always wondered why,"down there" the sheen, the health, the stregnth! The texture,its even thicker, but full of sheen kind and its got some hybrid texture 3b/c 4a/b/c all up in there!

**Glamourlicious**

When I saw this thread I laughed outloud.
No. My head is a 4a and down there it is straight and shiny.

mzhotniz86

*looks around and over shoulders*

*sneaks a look at pubes *

nah... nah mine are slightly different :grin:

Suerte

OMG...lol How did I miss this threaaaaaddddd?

Uhm. My pubes are normally trimmed close with a $12.99 bikini trimmer or shaved bald.

BUT... my pubes are stick straight and the hair is coarse. Straight coarse hair if that makes sense. Like Yaki Hair.

The hair on my head... eh. 75 billion different textures ranging from 3a in the top crown, 4a/b in the back crown, 3b everywhere else, and it has a 3b/c overall "look" to it.

My pubes never have grown all the way in. I've never had the Pam Greir bush I always dreamed of.

*Muffin*

Wow, I feel funny talking about this :blush:, but I'm going to say something anyway :grin:! In general, I feel that pubic hair varies greatly from the hair on our heads. For instance, my pubic hair is more coarse/ kinkier than the natural texture of the hair on my head. All in all they look nothing a like/feel nothing a like.

SleekandBouncy

No. It's good hair. Like this