What does your hair look like....

Armyqt

after you have airdried in a ponytail? When you open up the hair and look in between, does your hair look straight, slightly wavy or really wavy? Mine looks really wavy whenever I let it dry this way? I'm only a week post relaxer and I though my hair should be straight. I'm trying to figure out if it's because my hair is not properly relaxed, but rather texturized, or is this generally the way everyone's hair looks too. Also please note how long you let your relaxers stay on from start to finish. TIA

DatJerseyDyme

Generally, I let my relaxer stay on until my head is burning..the time varies, so my hair is BONE STRAIGHT...but I'm going to stop that! If I let my hair air dry straight down, it dries REALLY wavey...The pony-tail method made the top of my hair straight...but the inside, closest to my scalp NEVER dried..so I had to take the pony tail out and let it dry straight down. But after it was dry, I sprayed some infusium and scurl on it and brushed it into a ponytail and it is straight again...

...OOOOPPPS...My bad..you didn't ask for all that did you?

Tonya

No matter how staright I relax my hair and what products I put in my hair, when I airdry my hair is really wavy. I actually look natural! I do nto knwo why this is but Armyqt we are starting to sound like hair twins!! When u get a resoulution share with me becuase i owul love to be able to air dry adn use carusos but hair dries wavy and gets super thick when it dries!!

hunnybunny81

when I dry my hair this way, the outside dries really straight, but the inside is SUPER wavy and is always wet the next day...so I don't think its just you!

Armyqt

Thanks for all the responses ladies. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who experiences this. I really can't figure out why this happens. At first I though it was because maybe my hair wasn't all the way relaxed, but now I don't think that's the case anymore. I guess it just dries that way. If I let it airdry out, it will be partially wavy and partially frizzy. Tonya, if I ever figure out a way around this, I'll definitely let you know.
Thanks again ladies.

Jade21

Armyqt,

Are you a 4a? Do you have any wave pattern to your hair at all?

You are sounding more and more like a wavy-head to me

~Jade~

Armyqt

Hi Jade

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what my hair type is. I've been relaxed since the age of 12 and before that my mom pretty much kept me in an afro
. I do remember when I got a relaxer, all my friends were like
, why did you do that? You didn't need a relaxer.

Anyway, my hair does have a natural wave pattern to it and it's very fine. Once I had the "Anita Baker" and the back of my hair was completley cut off. When it grew out, it started to wave up very nicely. Do you think this may have something to do with my wave with the relaxer? I didn't experience this until after I switched to Lye relaxers.

Armyqt

Hey Jade, never mind that question...I see you've already answered it in another post. Thanks