I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

leejure

That's right, I dare...no, I double-dog DARE all of you to take the 7 day vaseline challenge!

If you are not SCUR-RED...then read on...

the vaseline challenge is very easy. But you can only take the challenge if you are a protective style (bun) wearer. Meaning, if you roll your hair, or use hot curlers, then this challenge is NOT for you.

To take the vaseline challenge, this is what you have to do;

Start off with a freshly washed/conditioned hair. Once you have done all that you usually do BEFORE you get to the styling, pull out the great tub of vaseline and get yourself a nice amount. Now I am not talking about that "dime and nickle size" that your shampoo bottle talks about using, I am talking about the amount of vaseline that WANDA (In Living Color) used to use to lubricate lips...I am talking a good amount, okay?!
laugh.gif

Oil the last few inches of your hair. I mean oil it to wear it is "stuck" (if you will) together and you can poke someone in the eye with your hair! No is does not take a lot of vaseline to do this, but you will need enough to get the "poking-in-the-eye" effect.

After the oil, style your hair in its protective style...mine is usually a bun.

At night, there is no need to add more vaseline to the ends, just pin up and wrap with scarf. BUT IN THE MONRING...if you are a daily rinser, then rinse and condition your hair as normal. You will notice at this point that your ends are very soft. ADD MORE VASLEINE to your soft and wet ends and style. If you are not a daily riniser, simply SPRITZ your ENDS with water add more vaseline and style. REPEAT FOR SEVEN DAYS

I promise you all that you will not be sorry. Try it!I guarantee, you will be "won over"!

I'll join! I started already anyways, right after I read up on your regimen in the "Feature of the Month". You have beautiful hair!

Hi Lee!!
wave.gif
kiss.gif

I'm in!!!

I'll do it on my next wash. I've been meaning to buy some vaseline anyways.

I don't need to do this challenge.....I am already a vaseline user
smile.gif
I also wear a bun.. I have a 2lb tub of vaseline i got at the $1 store
laugh.gif
Ladies listen to Lee..This really works..My ends stays "moist" and soft for DAYS
shocked.gif

Yes, vaseline is great. Adrienne and I have been preaching the vaseline thing like forever! I just wnat all my sisters to cash-in on this one. We talk about spilt ends, and constantly getting trims...puh-lease, vaseline will solve all that drama. You will def see growth if you follow the v-regimen and keep those ends protected!

Come on girls...who else is gonna join?!

-lee

next time I wash I wanna do it, I tell you I'm getting desperate about my ends, I dont know what happened but this week when I straightened my hair my ends felt horrible, I was half tempted to grab the scissors and just cut them off.

DEBYJAY...Don't be scurred!
laugh.gif
After the end of the week, you are going to wonder why it took you so long to give it a try!

TEENIE... I too suffer from dry ends and had this horriby dry bak section of my hair that constanly stayed dry and continued to break out all the time. It was not until I used vaseline and glycerin and water that my dry patch of back hair and ends starting looking really good and hence grwoing like crazy!
smile.gif

BRIT... glad to have you on board. This is gonna be fun!

-lee

I'm in, starting today I will put a good amout at the last 2-3 inch of my hair.

I need all the moisture and soft ends I could get!

By the way.the reason I haven;t bought Vaseline yet is because it seems so darn expensive!!! How much is it supposed to be ? How much is everyone paying for their Vaseline?

I just bought huge tub for like under 3 bucks...HOWEVER the 99cent store carries it for...99 cents!
smile.gif

Btw Daviine...I love you, where you been all my life? How's E-Man?

If you're wearing it in a protective style, then this isn't an issue. I think it will weigh your hair down if you're wearing it out.

I do this with a wondergro mega moisture shea butter grease. It has a bunch of different oils but it is at least 50% petrolatum I'd guess. I LOVE it. I have almost zero split ends.

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
If you're wearing it in a protective style, then this isn't an issue. I think it will weigh your hair down if you're wearing it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! That is why I said that you MUST wear protective styles in order to folow this regimen. No Exceptions!

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
Couldn't you get the same effect using a hair "grease" that is mainly petrolatum?

Lee, the opening to your post was so cute!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you girly!

Yes, you can use a really heavy grease, but it has to be HEAVY, like the consistency of vaseline. Oil will not do. It is not as heavy as vaseline. Vaseline gives it that..."poke you in the eye" effect. Know what I mean???

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
Couldn't you get the same effect using a hair "grease" that is mainly petrolatum?

Lee, the opening to your post was so cute!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you girly!

Yes, you can use a really heavy grease, but it has to be HEAVY, like the consistency of vaseline. Oil will not do. It is not as heavy as vaseline. Vaseline gives it that..."poke you in the eye" effect. Know what I mean???

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean.
laugh.gif
I can actually visualize it.

When I try it I 'm thinking about using Allways Castor Oil. It smells like cookies to me.
laugh.gif

Re: I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challeng

Ladies, I've been doing this for some time now, and it really works. If your ends are CHEWED UP and you're concerned, this will definately help with that issue.

Lee, your hair is gorgeous, btw!

Back