HOMEMADE NON PETROLEUM VASLEINE...GOOD FOR HAIR ENDS, EYELASHES, & WRINKLES

cocomama

picture.php

Several years ago Tyra Banks mentioned that her mother did not have wrinkles despite her mature age. Her mom swore that by putting vaseline around her eyes and skin on a daily bases had kelp wrinkles away. My BFF has the most gorgeous skin I've ever seen and she swears vaseline is one of her main secrets. She uses it as a nighttime moisture sealer to get that dewy fresh look. Also some believe that if you apply vaseline to eyelashes daily they will grow thick/long. So I started using it until I found out how harmful petroleum is for our bodies.

My BFF and I started looking for a more plant base alternative bees wax or petroleum to make a homemade non-petroleum vaseline. It turns out that a homemade, all natural version of "vaseline" is easy to make. Here's all you will need:

Homemade Vaseline
1 ounce candelilla wax (around 1/8 c. or a little more if you want it softer)

1/2 c. grape seed oil

Put the candelilla wax into a saucepan and heat on a very low heat until the candelilla wax has melted. While it's warm, pour into a jar or another heat resistant container, then mix in the grapeseed oil. It will take approximately 20 -30 minutes to harden. Use as you would Vaseline! This recipe made enough to put in a small container. Since I'm only using it on my eyelashes/ skin/lips this amount should last me a couple of months.

sidenote: some even put vaseline on their ends as a sealer.

http://www.gumbohair.com/2013/09/homemade-non-petroleum-vaselinegreat.html

Back