I dare you to take this STINKY challenge!!

To answer happylock's question, When I was in middle school, my Frenchee regime was a very lazy one. I greased my scalp when needed, and I didn't really wash my hair a whole lot. This was when I was in my "I don't care about hair phase." (Hey, It was summer & I was only 13!) To be honest, Frenchee was the only grease in the house, so it was all I had. (This turned out to be a good thing!) ALso, at the time, I knew nothing about protective styling, and didn't like to comb my hair, and my momma was being to cheap to take me to the salon, so I just kept my hair in a bun, the majority of the summer.

Anyway, Happylocks, my new regime for frenchee, is to grease my scalp when needed, and probably wash it every week or week in a half. So technically, I will grease my scalp and after 3 days or so, grease it again, and after the second 3-day interval of greasing my scalp, I will then wash my hair, but before I wash my hair, I will put Glovers on my scalp, and let it sit for 15 min- an hour. (I guess you could say that I will be washing my hair every 6 days instead of every 3.)

CAUTION: If you feel like your scalp has enough Frenchee on it after your 1st 3-day interval, then just chill and roll with it, becuase I don't want anyone getting any kind of grease build-up and trying to blame me
wink.gif

As a daily conditioner, I will spray my hair with a mixture of distilled water, vegatable glycerine, and Biotera leave-in (Knock off Biolage Tonic that can be purchased @ Sally's). This mixture masks the smell pretty well for me, and it leaves my hair extra soft & moisterized. I might also add a little B&B on my ends and edges to slick them down. I also keep my hair in a bun 98.99 % of time. I hope this was enough info for you happylocks
smile.gif

I been reading and I'm a bit confused... First, what is the process for the challenge, the regimen we have to follow? DC/MD ladies...someone posted that I can get Glovers at Arundel Mills Mall... Do I need to Frenchees and Glovers to participate in the challenge? Where can I find Glovers in this area???? I kinda been looking and haven't found either.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to add, those of you on this Stinky Challenge, Dogmane, Frenchee, whatever you are using, (especially Frenchee) You may experience very itchy scalp. Do NOT be alarmed, this is just one of the attributes of this stuff. It doesn't mean your scalp is flaking or your hair is falling out, it just means its working the way its supposed to. I have been experiencing this lately and always have while using Frenchee; I promise this side-effect is perfectly normal.

Just wanted to make this warning a head of time, before people started to make boards like: "HEAD ITCHING BECAUSE OF STINKY CHALLENGE"
wink.gif

For those of you "greasing" at night and CW or shampooing in the morning, ever try a Baking soda rinse to get rid of the smell? It's mixture of baking soda and distilled (or tap) water that many use as a gentle clarifier or instead of shampoo. Somebody please try it and report results, I'm on a PJ challenge!

Hi dcprdiva, There is no exact regime you all HAVE to follow, I gave Happylocks MY regime because she asked for it.

As well, Frenchee works fine alone, as I can attest to this from pre-teen experience. You do not HAVE to use it in conjunction with Glovers or any thing else, I just choose to at this point to see where it'll take me.

For your last question, Frenchee can be found at most Asian Beauty supply stores, and I purchased my Glovers from Walgreens. It was in the White men's hair care section, which I thought was wierd.
confused.gif

Rite Aid, Walmart, Kmart, Meijers, Kroger, Famrer Jack and some other supermarkets or drugstores. Some of those names folx from Michigan will know what im talking about. I buy mine always from these kind of stores.

how does frenchees or glovers look?

I went to sallys today and saw some glovers products but they cost like 10 bucks and I didn't want to waste my momeny and buy the wrong thing. On all of the glovers boxes it kept saying dandruff.

So I Saw some 2.39 BB Pine Tar Super Grow Conditioner (Temple & Scalp Treatment). So I definetely picked it up because I read some where Pine Tar promoted healthy hair growth.

I have a weave so my scalp is itching and I wanted to grease my scalp so I figured this would definetely help. What do you guys think? Is there something else I should get to grease/oil my scalp?

-Faye

Okay, I give up on the Frenchee. I went out and got some Hollywood Sulphur and glover's mane.Started using it today has anyone ever used this concoction hope it works especially for my hairline.

Im in! I'm gonna use the glovers medicated treatment that you put in 30min to 1hr before you shampoo. I'll use it every three days. Starting March. I also may try the black Dax grease.

Its never too late to start a stinky challenge. I cant really remember when I started mine, but I am going to be on this challenge for a good 2 months or maybe even longer, because I have seen Frenchees work on other peoples hair and my hair as well. To answer your other question, YES, I don't see why Sulfur 8 wouldn't be beneficial to use on the stinky challenge. I have never used it before, but I don't see a problem in using it.

I really think in this hair growing experience, we must be patient in reaping the fruit. We may get so caught up on growing hair that our hair may be growing faster than what we think it is, but we can do nothing but complain because of this addictive desire for MORE hair. We try to look for EXTREME visible growth so much that we don't realize the 1 1/4 inch we may have gained and overlooked because we were expecting that miracle 10 inches in two days. Trust me I've been there.
smirk.gif
WE HUMANS ARE USUALLY NEVER SATISFIED
laugh.gif

At this point I have had my hair in a bun, braidout, or protective style since the beginning of Januaury, 98 % of the time in a bun. I don't intend to press my hair until the end of March, becuase usually for me, when I don't monitor growth, that's when it grows the most.

OOPs I've zoomed to another topic
blush.gif
SORRY

I think I'm going to join the stinky challenge as well. After all, I am NOT going to let my Frenchee and Glover's Mane go to waste. This is so exciting!

am down to the last bit of my Frenchee, so today I got S8, have not really tried it before, and am not sure when I will get some more frenhcees, its almost been a month, for the challenge for me, have not seen much of anything, but not giving up, wish me luck
wave.gif

Has anyone seen this in NYC? I hate having to order stuff off the internet. God bless you all.

sorry u r not having any luck, u can try calling the BSS in the phone book near by before u make a trip out there, I use the 13 oz, anything less then that, wont be worth the price, and wont last long

Ok I got my S8 for 5.99, its says on the bottle 80% more free, at a 4oz price, Should the BSS give it to me at the 4oz price, which would have save me like $2
ohwell.gif
and how do u get intouch with these companys, S8 and Frenchee ty

I had to wait until the afternoon to use the dog mane b/c I gave myself a co wash this morning. So far, so good.

so far so good for me too, with the S8, I was getting my hair done sunday by my sister, she asked me if I cut my hair, around my hairline I said No, I look and the mirror and saw that my hair around the front is growing and making an new hair line or just so more naps, either way its some growth
grin.gif

clap.gif
I have a fresh new jar of Frenchees I just got,am very happy about that, but the V challenge has made my hair hard

it has been more then a month for some ppl ,bumping for update for everyone that joined, or ppl that have tried in the past, I got a whole new jar of frenchee, I told the BSS store lady that, she made my day and it was hard to fine a large jar of Frenchee,she said the company is orders it from no longer carrys it,
nono.gif
I think it is becomeing hard to find, because its really not that popular, my hair growth is not that much,
ohwell.gif
am not happy about that, Its like without supplements or eggs, I really dont get any good growth, I started massaging my sclap again with my electric massager, but I dont wash every 3 days any more, 1 a week, am doing the braid challenge, I hope to do that maybe just for a month, and go on too buns but am not sure, I prefer braids because I can grease my scalp, with a bun I would have to take it down, am not giving up, this is now my regime, the 1st one I have really had, I know that I need to add more because my hair and ends need alot of TLC, update plz

happylocks, thanx so much for that website. Have you ever ordered anything from there. if so how lon gid delivery take and do you know if it is a seure site?

Back