Anyone want to get funky with me? Winter ’06 Stinky Challenge

aquarian1252004

Anyone want to join me in a winter ‘06 stinky challenge? Since my hair growth tends to slow down significantly in the winter so I intend to experiment with the stinky challenge to try and maximize my growth during the winter.

My regiment will be applying my “stinky” solution (Glover’s, Sulpher 8, WGO & minoval) which I will use on my scalp 2x per week at night. I will condition wash my hair the following mornings (2x per week) and I will wash my hair once per week.

So who wants to join me and put the stank on it?

Old Stinky Challenge Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=21942

I'm in..but I'm MTG'ing it....I have a group of Chickies that I will be checking in on in about 5 weeks, to see how they're doing. How long is the challenge?

LOL I'm in on the stinky challenge (my first challenge ever).

I just bought WGO yesterday and am looking for a place right now in my area that sells MTG. I also use Sulfur 8 or Frenchee hair grease every few days.

Any other stinky products out there to try?? I mean I might as well use em all :lol:

aquarian1252004 said:
I say just until the spring because once it starts to get warm outside I don't want to be funky :lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Cool...I don't want it to start warming up and all of a sudden people asking "does anyone smell hot garbage??"

OK I have one question and maybe then I can jump in the challenge: I do a co-wash everymorning. Will it be effective to massage the scalp with my "stinky oil" at night and then wash it out the next morning? Is it a waste not allowing the product to sit longer on my scalp?

blackhair said:
OK I have one question and maybe then I can jump in the challenge: I do a co-wash everymorning. Will it be effective to massage the scalp with my "stinky oil" at night and then wash it out the next morning? Is it a waste not allowing the product to sit longer on my scalp?
Girlll. TRUST ME...no CW that I have done YET can wash out that MTG....sleeping on it seems to be working for me, but I CW at night, andthen apply the MTG...smell gone by the morning

Count me in!:)
I'm already using MTG, and WGO...I don't think my poor head can stink anymore than it already does.
Let's get our stink on!!!!:D

blackhair said:

I am sort of doing the same black, I don't think it will be wasteful because the product has a whole night to penetrate.

Im in! I MTG at night then I put a shower cap on and a hat on top of that to keep it from sliding off (Silly I know). Anyway, in the morning I do a co-wash. The conditioner does cut some of the oil away ....because conditioner has some cleaning properties.......but not all. Ive noticed that there is no smell during the day because I get that conditioner in there reall good....like im washing my hair. I have a hard time with regimens. This is for the winter..... when does it end?:)

MissTrina said:
Im in! I MTG at night then I put a shower cap on and a hat on top of that to keep it from sliding off (Silly I know). Anyway, in the morning I do a co-wash. The conditioner does cut some of the oil away ....because conditioner has some cleaning properties.......but not all. Ive noticed that there is no smell during the day because I get that conditioner in there reall good....like im washing my hair. I have a hard time with regimens. This is for the winter..... when does it end?:)

That is exactly what I do. cap and hat and next morning condition wash.

brownsugar9999 said:
Girlll. TRUST ME...no CW that I have done YET can wash out that MTG....sleeping on it seems to be working for me, but I CW at night, andthen apply the MTG...smell gone by the morning

This is a good technique too. Might try it

Good luck to you all! I wish I could do it, but my poor son cannot stand to be next to me with that funky MTG in my hair. He's only 4 months and he can't talk, but his actions tell me, "momma, you stank!" :lol:

I think I'll join, this'll be my first challenge :) ! I think I'll MTG and CW at night, until I get silky dreds, then I'll MTG and Surge spiked w/ Castor oil daily and wash weekly or every four days depending on build up. How does this sound?

kreeme said:
Good luck to you all! I wish I could do it, but my poor son cannot stand to be next to me with that funky MTG in my hair. He's only 4 months and he can't talk, but his actions tell me, "momma, you stank!" :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: Kids will always tell you like it is.

blackhair, I am going to do it for the next two months. All of February and March, then I will probably get braids or a sew-in in April to give my hair a rest from manipulation for a little while.

MsTrina, I do not think it is silly that you wear a hat on top of your plastic cap. I think it is :lol: though, but a good idea. I also agree that the morning condition wash only washing away the stinky smell, but not cutting off all of the "stinky stuff." This is why I included a weekly wash in my regiment.

i really dont think that WGO stinks.....

I think I will have to do a variation of the stinky challenge when i run out of all my other products....:)

metalkitty said:
I think I'll join, this'll be my first challenge :) ! I think I'll MTG and CW at night, until I get silky dreds, then I'll MTG and Surge spiked w/ Castor oil daily and wash weekly or every four days depending on build up. How does this sound?
Sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner.....

kreeme said:
poor baby....Ok...so when he's feeding, all he can rely on IS his his nose/ sense of smell (and breathing)...so yeah....not a happy combination for him!!

I'm joining also. I've been slipping on my applications. I'll be doing until the end of March at the least. :)

Welcome ladies

Blackhair
Brownsugar99
ChocoKitty
DDtexlaxd
MissTrina
Metalkitty
MsKendra
~Nigeria~
PittGirl06
VWVixxen
WomanlyCharm

gettin' funky with it :yay: :yay:

Okay here's my update I have been keeping up with my regimine more or less :rolleyes: I haven't really noticed anything drastic as of yet but we just started. Anywho, I feel like I am getting used to the smell :look: my mixture isn't as funky as it used to be (or at all for that matter). Anyone else seem to be developing a tolerance for the funk?

aquarian1252004 said:
Welcome ladies

Blackhair
Brownsugar99
ChocoKitty
DDtexlaxd
MissTrina
Metalkitty
MsKendra
~Nigeria~
PittGirl06
VWVixxen
WomanlyCharm

gettin' funky with it :yay: :yay:

Okay here's my update I have been keeping up with my regimine more or less :rolleyes: I haven't really noticed anything drastic as of yet but we just started. Anywho, I feel like I am getting used to the smell :look: my mixture isn't as funky as it used to be (or at all for that matter). Anyone else seem to be developing a tolerance for the funk?
Hello Ladies! I am a newbie...well, actually, I've been lurking for about 2 weeks and as a result ordered my 1st btl of MTG which I've been using for a week now. Boy, does it smell, but from all the posts I've read about it, I am hoping for good results. I'd like to get in on the challenge and see where I'm at April 1. Thanks for all the great tips and advice!

Re: Anyone want to get funky with me? Winter ’06 Stinky Challenge

i'd like to join up, i'll be MTGing so as not to waste this bottle and hopefully it will work for me eventually

Welcome to the Stinky Challenge CiaJcanBabi, diva2b, FAMUDva. You can be as creative as you like making your own funky concotions and hair potions some of the girls are including MTG in their mixes. Remember ladies since we are all part of the challenge we are all accountable for one another in making sure our fellow sisters stay funky.

Now off to go get my stank on before I go to bed :wave:

Back