How to rollerset faster?

Yeah, what's the deal on the rolling up? So, does your end hair style result in an upwards flip? Or is there a way to turn the upward look into a style with the ends bent under still once the rollers are out? I roll up on some of my hair in the front, but I've never done the whole head upwards. I tried it once in the back, and I couldn't get it to bend under with the rest of my hair afterwards. :nono:

I never get a flip. I get a regular curl and when I comb my hair into a wrap after I get the bend on the ends. There are pics in my album.

I never get a flip. I get a regular curl and when I comb my hair into a wrap after I get the bend on the ends. There are pics in my album.

your hair is fabulous! the mohawk roller set is new to me :grin:

rolling down gives me a regular curl, and more body. i guess it's the way i was taught in DR. oh well.

I'm going to give your technique a try. maybe I can cut out the dryer! yayyy *too excited*

Last edited:
:woot::woot::woot:
well i can only speak for my hair, but since I wrap at night, the next day my hair is usually straight (takes the bend out!) unless I pin curl it.

thanks! no i dont use rollers, if i want to maintain the flip or any curl i'll pin curl. or if i'm tired i'll cross wrap and just pin curl the ends of the two pieces under my scarf. does that make sense? you make two ponytails pocahontas style, but without bands. then you cross them and pin one over one ear and the other over the other ear, as if you're wrapping them in two different directions. then secure with a scarf. you can take the ends and make a little loop and that will give you a bump on the ends in the morning. geez i hope that's clear.

Yes, it makes sense. I know what you mean. I do a cross wrap, myself. Thanks, I'll try that.

Be warned... do not roll up unless your hair is almost shoulder length or longer. I rolled up my ear length hair once, my mom laughed at me until I washed and reset my hair (think Woody Woodpecker with dark brown hair):wallbash:!

Actually there is a way around that. I set my hair this weekend rolling up everywhere past the crown area. Once I'd finished (and let my SO run his fingers through my light bouncy strands) I wrapped it up, though not with cellophane like Macherieamour does. The next day it looked like I had flat ironed my hair. My hair just hit neck length.

Back