Rollerset with Mesh Rollers

Kayluv

Does anyone do their rollersets with mesh rollers vs. the magnetic rollers? Can you please tell me how your hair comes out. I was thinking about using these because 1. my hair would dry faster and 2. they are a little easier to handle.

Thanks!.

*raising hand* I'm a mesh rollersetter!! I honestly have never tried the magnetic ones...the clips scare me...lol My hair still takes a while to dry due to fact of the janky dryer I use lol. Well actually most of my head gets dry except for certain parts..those parts don't take long :ohwell:

I've used both and for my last 3 rollersets I've used the mesh. I like the faster drying time and my hair still comes out smooth. What's more, I don't mind sleeping on the mesh ones unlike the magnetic which are just disrespectfully uncomfortable :lachen:

I have not used the mesh kind but the question I have is does the bristles in the mesh rollers pull your hair? They always scared me but would like to know:rolleyes:.

The mesh rollers I have don't have bristles in them. I think alot of the women here take them out so that it won't snag their hair.

I use the mesh rollers without the brush and I don't use the picks that come with them. My hair drys much faster but I did notice my hair was smoother with the magnetic rollers.

I use the mesh rollers without the brush and I don't use the picks that come with them. My hair drys much faster but I did notice my hair was smoother with the magnetic rollers.

So I had to decide between smoother hair or faster sets. I chose faster sets.

So I had to decide between smoother hair or faster sets. I chose faster sets.

I agree I realized my hair came out much smoother with magnetic...so I'm trying to solve that problem by buying a professional dryer vs. my table top Gold n' Hot.

Btw oddly enough I got smoother sets with Mesh when I was natural vs. magnetic (I was able to pull the hair tauter) which is how I was introduced to them...I switched over when I permed.

I agree I realized my hair came out much smoother with magnetic...so I'm trying to solve that problem by buying a professional dryer vs. my table top Gold n' Hot.

Btw oddly enough I got smoother sets with Mesh when I was natural vs. magnetic (I was able to pull the hair tauter) which is how I was introduced to them...I switched over when I permed.

I'm texlaxed, but maybe that's why mine come out smoother as well...I don't have to blow out my roots or smooth the length of my hair with the mesh rollers.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I've used both and for my last 3 rollersets I've used the mesh. I like the faster drying time and my hair still comes out smooth. What's more, I don't mind sleeping on the mesh ones unlike the magnetic which are just disrespectfully uncomfortable :lachen:

bwaaaahhhahahaha but I know exactly what you mean!

I did my first mesh rollerset this week. I rolled the hair under. didn't really notice the difference in how long it took to dry though. I used regular hair pins instead of the ones they came with. still trying to get the hang of them. only problem I have was that some hairs were getting snagged on the rollers itself (the plastic ends)

Attachments

• meshset.jpg
    meshset.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I did my first mesh rollerset this week. I rolled the hair under. didn't really notice the difference in how long it took to dry though. I used regular hair pins instead of the ones they came with. still trying to get the hang of them. only problem I have was that some hairs were getting snagged on the rollers itself (the plastic ends)

Mine don't have plastic ends and didn't come with those lil hair pins. Mine are mesh on a metal spiral on the inside, like a small stretched out slinky.

Back