Votes: 7 3.7%
  • once a year

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • never

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esoterica

My last trim was July 2005 but only at the front of my head. I wear a sew in constantly and i find it reduces the need for trimming. not that i couldn't do with one, but i think it can wait till the end of the year. i'd have to say i trim yearly.

Every 12 weeks for me, though now that I'm natural, I can actually go six months. I skipped my 3 month trim in March and my hair seems to be doing fine. I'm a recovering scissor addict and I stand by preventative maintenance.

Now that I cut out all the color, I am back on my trimming schedule. I trim once every 3 months. Even if it doesn't "need" a trim, I certainly looks better after I do it, and I feel it's preventative maintence so to speak

.............................................................................................

Last edited:
Since I stopped using heat in my hair I really don't see the need anymore. I dust when needed, I just recently did it after stretching 7 months. So I'd say twice a year.

Recently I had been trimming every 4 weeks. I would call it a dusting...but they "dustings" always went too far. My new method is going to be to trim only every 6 months because I don't know when enough is enough once I get those scissors in my hand.

I used to trim every 3 months with each touch up, but now I'm going to stretch it to maybe twice a year.

once a year cause i'm terrified of a stylist chopping off all my precious progress. so i try to limit my visits as much as possible. the most i'd do it is twice a year.

I haven't been doing any trims...just a major cut twice a year probably because I don't trim so I am going to try doing an every 6- 8 week dust. Will keep you guys posted on how that works for me.

I trim about every 9 weeks. After I get my relaxer, I go by this woman at a super cuts type place. She's the only person I trust to just snip off the stragglies. I have to get regular trims or my ends get tangly and it gets worse. Also, my hair is thin and i like to maintain a more or less blunt cut. I might try dusting this time to see if I can avoid the trim.

I now try to trim twice a year - January & July. I have found that by keeping my ends moisturized as really reduced the need for frequent trims. Perhaps every 3 months I dust 1/8 inch if needed.

I voted never, but in Oct, the home beautician slipped one on me. i didnt want it but she said i needed to get rid o split ends. She really meant cut.

Back