How much growth do you get in a month?

How much growth do you experience in a month?

• Less than 1/4 an inch

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • 1/4 an inch

Votes: 125 24.4%
  • 1/2 an inch

Votes: 261 51.0%
  • 1 inch

Votes: 62 12.1%
  • 1 1/4 inch

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 1.5 inches

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • more than 1.5 inches

Votes: 14 2.7%

• Total voters
OK, NOW we're talking. Sweetcashew does show amazing growth between May and June 07 and her pics speak volumes. I don't know how many inches she grew but that was so refreshing to see. Thank you, Sweetgal. That's all I was asking for.

I love progress of any kind. I love seeing 0.5 inch/month growth results. I was just drooling at Laketta's hair the other day and was just so excited to see the steady growth she's had. When you get to waist length or bra-strap or APL (which are all long to me), no one really cares how long it took to get there, do they? It's just a joy to see. So when people talk of getting crazy growth, then they just whet the appetites of those of us who cherish long hair and love to see it. We get excited at the thought of seeing the lengths we admire when we were just at neck length with the person yesterday.... Then nuffin. Why leave us hanging? Why show us other pics and not the ones of this wonderful news you just dangled above our noses? It would be kinder just to keep it to yourself then if you will only dish out half the info. :look: That info is worthless without pictures. :lachen:

I only get 1/4 per month. :sad: Because of this, I keep my hair in protective styles all the time to retain my growth. I might try some growth aids. Then again, if I exercised more and ate right, I would probably get better growth.

I'm not sure how fast my hair grows each month, however I know that the rate is really slow. :nono:

co-sign. i think i got an inch per month a couple of months back but i think that was a fluke since i did no exercise and ate so much crap. i did use sulu max gro ("human" mtg) but i haven't seen consistent results and i don't like the product. i'm going to continue exercising and eating right but i will also start taking my vits again to see if this speeds up my growth rate.

Your welcome! Sweet cashew’s growth crazy? Yes her growth pictures are so dramatic and obvious! I knew she would be a good example. . I know some ladies have had growth spurts.

Yes , Laketta’s hair is gorgeous, she was one of the first pics I saw on the board. Your hair is long and nice too the shrinkage is crazy, now that is very hard to believe. but you got the pics to back it up.

I don’t think many ladies on the board proclaim they get 2 inches every month, consistently However, many say they get 1 inch per month, which seems possible to me!

Your right though, nobody cares how long it took to get to armpit and beyond-the only care is the results. What a day that will be when I don’t have to focus on growth, just maintaining a healthy head of hair, I don’t think I will get greedy either. If I get to full healthy armpit or bra strap that is good for me. I will take more if it comes, but I don’t ever want to be ungrateful. While it’s a popular on the board to have armpit and bra strap length hair, it’s not popular in general- for black women to have this length-this is mostly due to improper care of our hair.

I have trouble retaining what I grow, seems to break alot.

Last edited:
I dont think i can measure per month, it's strange when i get a relaxer there is no growth for like 4 weeks then out of nowhere nuff growth. I think I average about 0.25 to 0.50 per month, but it's hard to say cause i can go 4 weeks with no growth. :look:

Last edited:
Back