How many of you are using Shampoo?

Do you use Shampoo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use shampoo and a lot of it. lol I use Mizani conditioning shampoo and i like that a lot, but before that i use Selsen (sp?) Blue for my dry scalp and dandruff. So the conditioning shampoo really helps after the harsh selsen blue. Goodness i don't think i'm spelling that right! lol Selsun, Selsen, Selsin......

I shampoo my hair twice a week. The first w/ Aveda damaging line if Im just airdrying, braidout or wash and go. Then Aveda smooth infusion when I am rollersetting. I work out so I need something to cleanse my scalp. And since its only twice a week I dont think thats too bad...IMO

Wow ladies, thanks for the responses. See it pays to ask. I thought most of you all were just co washing but the poll reveals otherwise. I have been trying the no shampoo thing since the start of this thread. I currently have these twists in my head so I can only judge the results by my roots. So far I don't know if it's the BT or the co washing only but my roots look alot thicker. But I am just experimenting with this for a month.

Thanks for the replies!

I use shampoo and a lot of it. lol I use Mizani conditioning shampoo and i like that a lot, but before that i use Selsen (sp?) Blue for my dry scalp and dandruff. So the conditioning shampoo really helps after the harsh selsen blue. Goodness i don't think i'm spelling that right! lol Selsun, Selsen, Selsin......

Your hair is beautiful! Have you tried Keracare dry itchy scalp? I think that its relitively gentle yet effective against getting rid of dandruff/dry scalp.

I poo about 2x a week. I prefer even lathering once with a gentle poo than cw'ing.

I poo twice a week. I never co-wash. I get mushy really quickly when I co-wash and then comes breakage and extra shedding. Can't do it.:nono:

Shampooing twice a week helps keep my hair moisturized and scalp clean...Conditioner washes are okay but makes my scalp more prone to build up and the itchies:nono:. Sulfates shampoos are no bother to me... I used to collect shampoos...so I have some with sulfates and a couple without.

Last edited:
I co wash twice a week and use baking soda to clarify every couple of months. I use Giovanni 50/50 and because it's organic it doesn't build up on my hair.

Your hair is beautiful! Have you tried Keracare dry itchy scalp? I think that its relitively gentle yet effective against getting rid of dandruff/dry scalp.

Thanks a lot honii, i try. lol But no i haven't tried the Keracare dry itchy scalp, but i may though, it sounds like a plan. Usually i just stick with harsh old Selsen or T-Gel (which i like better, it seems milder). So i might give it a try. Thanks!:grin:

Hold The Phone!!!

That is some gorgeous hair you got there !

I co wash twice a week and use baking soda to clarify every couple of months. I use Giovanni 50/50 and because it's organic it doesn't build up on my hair.

I wash with shampoo every week. I use Aveda. BUT I just bought my first SLS poo Kerastase Oleo Relax which I happily going to try. :grin:

Co-washing just causes build up on my hair. Not good. :nono:

My hair HATES regular shampoos (never except for my neutralizing poo after a retouch). The only ones I would consider would be Creme of Nature, NTM and Elucence's (the one that smells like peaches).

I use my herbal washes (2-3 times a week) and my hair is very happy with those.

Shampoo leaves my hair dry and hard-ish so i only use it once or twice a month and even then i dilute it with water. i feel like i'm supposed to shampoo so i'm still looking for a extremely gentle yet moisturizing one.

I use Burt Bee's More Moisture Brazil Nut and Raspberry shampoo. My hair and scalp needs shampoo. I think this shampoo is pretty good at removing build-up

I shampoo 1-2x/week. I like the feeling of a clean scalp. When I was natural I would co wash daily and wash once a week.

I can't imagine not using shampoo I have to get rid of all the build up, but just using conditioner has worked great for some folks on here.

I use a moisturizing shampoo once per week and a clarifying shampoo 1 week prior to a re-touch.:yep:

i'm using blended beauty's volcanic clean mask to cleanse my hair.
i also add baking soda to the mix for extra cleansing.

but i dont use regular shampoo anymore

I primarily CW. My hair does better with this. Sometimes I'll add a little shampoo to my conditioner, but of course, I have to get a good shampoo going on at least once every 10 days.

I used to shampoo my hair three times per wash. No wonder my hair was extremely dry AND I used any ole type of shampoo.

I have to use shampoo. It's just routine for me. I have to use really good moisturizing ones. I love the ones from Aveda, Abba and Elucence. I sometimes use good protein based ones too if my hair needs it.

I haven't gotten into conditioner only washes yet..but who knows. I may try it for a period of time to see if there is any significant difference.

I use shampoo every other wash because of its surfactant properties to keep my pores clean. I don't over-shampoo, but it performs in ways conditioner--which is designed for use on the hair, not the scalp--cannot as far as cleaning my scalp. That said, water pressure and friction created by scalp manipulations go a long way, which is why I don't shampoo every time I wash.

Currently I do. Before I only shampoo'd if I had Blended Beauty's Soy Cream Shampoo on hand (and that was only one bottle!). Now that I've discovered Aveda, I've been pooing. :grin:

Back