Relaxed Ladies: What Shampoo are You Using?

SerenavanderWoodsen - I'm relaxed and I've been using Costco's Kirkland Signature shampoo for over a year; I still love it! I love it the way camilla loves Elasta QP.

It's free of SLS, parabens, and gluten. It's thick, moisturizing, smells great, and costs $9-
$10 for a liter!

I Googled and found this review:
http://www.truthinaging.com/hair/sulfate-free-salon-quality-shampoo-from-costco

:lachen::lachen: demlew anything that can get a comb through this thickness is a friend of mine :grin:

Tried the ORS Aloe, it caused that same sort of clumping, hardening and tangling reaction on my hair during the shampoo so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It seems to clean my scalp well. The NTM Cream Lather is the gentlest so far...
I have to ask my mom to get that Costco stuff for me soon. This is going to be a process of experiments. I am not used to washing relaxed hair and it's quite different, much more tangle prone strangely.
It's like the hair clumps and hardens when wet, such a strange feeling. :ohwell:

On another note. rollersets are easier because I don't have to wet my hair down nearly as much to get the hair smooth. The rollers stay in better. The rollers would slip and slide with my natural hair. I have my rollers in now.

I use Silk Dreams Go Moist and Redken Cleansing Cream for clarifying.

Prior to Silk Dreams, I used Elucence Moisture Benefits or the cheapie version of it, Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair.

I use different shampoos depending on how many weeks post I am.

1-10 I like to use a creamy cleanser by CURLS

11-12 I like to use ORS Aloe

13+ Miss Jessie's Sudsy Slip (sp)

Needed a new moisturizing shampoo that didn't strip my hair so I read this thread and decided to try out Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Shea moisture retention..gonna give these a try soon

I use creme of nature argan oil shampoo I love it it really helps me when Im stretching it makes my hair really soft like you can feel the slip in it and the conditioner is great too

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo(weekly moisturizing) and Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo (Clarifying/Chelating and Neutralizing :lick:)....Both Staples :)

I've been using the biologe (sp?) Hydratherapie. I think I'm going to go back to my aphogee deep moisture though. And I'd like to try one silk elements has

i'm not relaxed but i used to love:
redken all soft
tigi moisture maniac

these would work well for natural or relaxed:
giovanni smooth as silk
giovanni 50-50
creme of nature mositure and shine poo with argan oil

Hair One Sulfate-Free Cleansing Conditioner in Sweet Almond Oil
If I need to clarify, I use a cheap sulfate shampoo like V05 Moisture Milks

For those of you that use QP creme conditioning poo, do you find that you have to clarify?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using LHCF

I have been using KeraCare Hydrating for years. It's been my staple and is still working well even though I'm currently transitioning.

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo. It is sulfate free, available in drugstores, and offers AMAZING slip and softness while cleaning the scalp. It is my staple product :love:! My review can be found here. Hope that helps!

For those of you that use the QP creme conditioning poo or the Creme of nature argan poo, do u have to clarify? If so, how often?

CON Ultra Moisturizing (the one with Kiwi)
Moisturizing but it has sulfates.

I'm intrigued by this Costco shampoo.

Back