HAIRSTYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS (For reference) !!!

beans4reezy

My two strand flat twist with bantu knot out in the back.

Very nice! You really do bear a striking resemblance to Vivica Fox.:yep:

Nouvelle

Hello! I was wondering, how many bantu knots did you put in?

Bantu knotted twist out
End result:

Wash hair and DC with AOHSR.
Rinse and apply Giovanni Direct Leave In to wet hair.
Spritz with Patene Relaxed & Natural Setting Spray
On damp hair, twist hair while winding tightly into bantu knot
Seal ends with shea butter and ensure they are tucked under neatly, so that they will curl properly

Please ignore the architectural feat that is my nape bridge :giggle:
Let dry overnight
Carefully unravel knot/twist and separate curls as desired to reveal bouncy spiral curls
Another shot of the styleView attachment 45904

ETA: Other ways to wear this style:
Messy Updo - got this style from Blessed and Highly Textured, here's the YT video tutorial

Refined Updo - same style with ends tucked under using hair pins. Front portion of hair is pinned back and under
View attachment 45906
View attachment 45908

Nouvelle

Can't go wrong with bunning! :lachen: I do smooth buns and braid out buns.

Hello! Regarding smooth bunning, what products do you use and how long does the style last? My older sister is transitioning and she's looking for another style besides braids.

Thanks!

Hair_Goddess

I love Barbie83 and MummysGirl's twist outs! And these are much healthier for your hair than roller setting or curling with a curling iron. Please ladies share your reggies so we can try to obtain similar results.

brnz271

I just started a protective styling series on my YT channel and while I am not transitioning, I don't see why those transitioning can't do these styles too. They will mostly be buns and updos, but the good thing about them is that I usually can wear them for a full week or so. Which is great especially when you don't want to keep hair manipulation low. I've only done one video so far (YouTube - How to Basic Ponytail Twist Hair Bun Tutorial) but more hair videos will be coming up because I'm on a protective style challenge for the entire year. My YT link is in my siggy.