HAIRSTYLES FOR TRANSITIONERS (For reference) !!!

Platinum

Great thread! I'm currently in Senegalese Twists and I love them. I think I'll keep these until Feb then, I'll redo them or try another style. I'll post better pics later. Excuse the goofy grin, I don't like taking pics.

Attachments

• 2009-11-30 22-32-09.059.jpg
    2009-11-30 22-32-09.059.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2009-11-30 22-30-51.614.jpg
    2009-11-30 22-30-51.614.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 58

c*c*chic*

I have a question, what are you ladies using to keep ur twist.braid outs from frizzing up during the day, a certain leave in or moisturizer, and what r u using to make ur edges lay down so nicely?

MummysGirl

I make sure I don't play with my hair during the day, the more I touch it, the frizzier it gets. I think the main thing is to have some kind of styling cream/aid (in my case, it's lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol) when putting in the twists/cornrows and detangled (this applies mainly to day 1).

I usually use a headband or scarf to lay my edges down. While I have the twists/cornrows in, I always wear a scarf which helps lay down my new growth. I moisturise my egdes and seal... some ladies use a little gel.

HTH!
I have a question, what are you ladies using to keep ur twist.braid outs from frizzing up during the day, a certain leave in or moisturizer, and what r u using to make ur edges lay down so nicely?

BlaqBella

Great thread! I'm currently in Senegalese Twists and I love them. I think I'll keep these until Feb then, I'll redo them or try another style. I'll post better pics later. Excuse the goofy grin, I don't like taking pics.

That is not a goofy smile (i'm glad you CAN smile) and your sen. twist are BEAUTIFUL (you make me want twists just like that asap)HHG!

beans4reezy

This is one I did this morning. Really easy, two cornrows on the side and the back is pinned up. I love this look because it is easy, classy, and the difference in textures is not all that apparent.

Attachments

• HS for Transitioners 1.jpg
    HS for Transitioners 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 81
  • HS for Transitioners 2.jpg
    HS for Transitioners 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 67
  • HS for Transitioners 3.jpg
    HS for Transitioners 3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 66

VelvetRain

Wow it's nice to have this for a reference. While I still can I am doing rollersets until I um can't do it anymore. I am really not a braid person so constantly on the hunt for other styles too.

Garner

This could not have come at a more appropriate time. Ladies, I am having problems w/ the relaxed ends curling. My hair takes forever to dry esp the relaxed ends. Any suggestions??? I would love to do a braidout w/ curls or a rollerset.

LaToya28

I was trying to do Reecie's double bun, but it was not working out because my hair is so short. So I ended up putting the top in a bun and then just pinning the back up around the bun.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Great visual references in this thread! I wish I knew how to braid though. :(

Well as an alternative to braiding, you can always do two strand flat twist. They look just as good as braids to me.

This could not have come at a more appropriate time. Ladies, I am having problems w/ the relaxed ends curling. My hair takes forever to dry esp the relaxed ends. Any suggestions??? I would love to do a braidout w/ curls or a rollerset.

If you're not interested in the time it takes to air dry your hair, you can sit under a hooded dryer for a few minutes. I personally blow dry my hair usually on cool/warm heat (prefer cool even though it takes a little longer) and on high flow. But I typically just hit the roots and the over flow of air will catch the relaxed ends. My styling normally calls for hair to be slightly damp anyway so I don't worry too much if my relaxed ends are not completely dry. Give blowdrying a try but also use just a little heat protectant when you do.

beans4reezy

Another one I concocted today. I am scared of banana clips, but I like the look. I did a rollerset and pinned my hair up the way it would look if I had an actual clip in my hair:

Attachments

• Roller Set Pinned Up.jpg
    Roller Set Pinned Up.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Roller Set Pinned Up II.jpg
    Roller Set Pinned Up II.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65

MummysGirl

^^
Really pretty!!!!! I might try something similar for my next curly style (braidout/twistout/bantu knot out).

Thank you :grin:

LaToya28

I did this style with purple and gray flexirods. I used Giovanni Direct leave-in and Hairveda whipped gelly to lay down my edges with a scarf. I'm 23 weeks post.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I did this style with purple and gray flexirods. I used Giovanni Direct leave-in and Hairveda whipped gelly to lay down my edges with a scarf. I'm 23 weeks post.

That is soooo cute! To bad I'm too lazy to do it on a regular :lachen: I have a wedding to go in June, so I may try this style! Great thread

Alta Angel

I know this post is useless without pics....but:

My favorite transition style has been the "Rollerset Puff".

1. While my hair is dry, I first part my down the middle and section into 4 parts on each side. (I use this as an opportunity to finger detangle or detangle with wide tooth comb). I braid each section for a total of 8 braids.
2. Next, I wash with Design Essentials Moisture Shampoo and DC with DE Stimulations or Express Conditioner under my steamer for 30 minutes while in braids.
3. I let my hair cool down and rinse with cool water, dry with T-shirt. I unbraid one section at a time and apply leave in (Darcy Botanicals Transition Creme) to each section and comb thru first with wide tooth comb, then with a finer toothed comb. I also use Design Essentials Thermal Spray on each section.
4. I then put a ponytail holder on each of the 8 sections and put about 4 small magnetic yellow rollers on each ponytail.
5. I sit under the dryer for about 25 minutes and let my hair airdry for the rest of the night.
6. In the morning, I reapply Darcy's Transition Creme or Qhemets AOHC to each section and finger comb the curls. I brush edges down with aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth).
7. I take an ouchless elastic headband and smooth it back on my head and position it into my curly puff.
8. At night and every morning, I always finger detangle each section and I also sleep in a satin bonnet.

I will post pics next week...my hair is still swinging and blinging from my press!