HAIR PRODUCT STORAGE: TIPS & IDEAS *SHARE*

MonaLisa

*I tried to find a thread in the search y'all....so said bunk it, just start one:ohwell:*

Okay, this was actually spurred on by DLewis' conditioner thread ...
I had to really take a look at the ole hair product inventory...

Now, I don't feel I'm a product junkie, I just like what I like the most in plentiful stock:look:

Now, for those that like to keep a sizable supply of hair product goods, do you have any tips or ideas on storage that you'd like to share with others? :work::fan::think:

Maybe someone is doing the same thing as you, but your way might be a bit better. Some have lots of space for storage, some have to get creative with it as they are space limited.

I'm sure this might be helpful to the newbies as well, who may fall prey to surges of product shopping and find themselves overwhelmed spacewise once they get their hair booty home...

I'll start:

I have three shelves in the linen closet primarily devoted to housing products and supplies - table hooded dryer, blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron - conditioner inventory, shampoos, etc.

I then have a portable wire cart that I've had for 10 years in the bathroom that holds towels as well as items that I will use, but not frequently- but just want to have close.

I have the 4 tier shower caddy that holds a mix of body and hair care quickies.

I then have near the sink and window in the bathroom, a wicker storage basket that holds quick to reach items, the wicker tray near the window holds quick to reach Phyto and leave in items.

Near the sink on the floor pushed back against the wall, there's an open basket for styling items, then a plastic storage container (sliding drawer that holds plastic caps, clips, etc.)

Underneath the sink, I utilize the plastic zip bags that sheets and other things come in and re-use them to hold oils, butters, samples, rollers and other quick to reach for hair items - they are readily identifiable because they are in clear plastic.

I hate looking for ish...:nono:

*puts out a few platters*

lizjoseph

Thanks for the muffin...well (chews a bit) mine isn't anything special.

Shampoos and Conditioners:
Those I leave inthe laundry room since that is where I wash my hair. Fortuantely there is a kitchen style cabinet in there in which I basically kicked my mom out of and put ALL my shampoos, conditoner, Deep Ceonditoners.

Leave Ins and Moisterizers:

After washing I go upstairs tothe bathroom to rollerset my hair. (There's no mirror downstairs) Because I rollerset upstairs, I put all my leave ins and moisterizers in the bathroom mirror cabinet (again, kicking every else out of their space) for easy access, especially for the moistrizers which I use everyday. I also leave some stuff on my dresser for even easier access...yes...I'm lazy...:look:

Appliances:
My bonnet hair dryer goes underneath one of the tables in the basement so that it's out of everyone's way. When I need it, I pull it out, set it right on top of said table, pull up a folding chair and off we go!

For my curling irons, flat iron, and blowdryer, that all goes into the bathroom sink drawers. I keep them there because I need a mirror when I use them and as stated before, it's the only place that has one. (Other than my room, but the bathroom has outlets that are more accessible.)

(Finishes muffin) And that's about it. :) Thanks for muffin!...(Also takes a danish to go :grin:)

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I new those pop tarts wasn't enough, takes a danish and a bagel.

I utilize the space under my kitchen and bathroom cabinet, and I also two red decorative doxes in my room that sit inside of a white cabinet, it holds my oils, moisturizers, jam, and shower combs. I also keep stuff in clear containers stored at the top of my closet.

I think I'm gonna just buy one of those storage things that you can have inside or outside and put it in the basement to hold my hair supplies, except the shampoo and conditioners I'm using at the moment. All the extra supply I stock up on need somewhere else togo because I'm loosing out on space I need to store my cleaning supplies, sheets and towels and stuff.

MonaLisa

I new those pop tarts wasn't enough, takes a danish and a bagel.

I utilize the space under my kitchen and bathroom cabinet, and I also two red decorative doxes in my room that sit inside of a white cabinet, it holds my oils, moisturizers, jam, and shower combs. I also keep stuff in clear containers stored at the top of my closet.

I think I'm gonna just buy one of those storage things that you can have inside or outside and put it in the basement to hold my hair supplies, except the shampoo and conditioners I'm using at the moment. All the extra supply I stock up on need somewhere else togo because I'm loosing out on space I need to store my cleaning supplies, sheets and towels and stuff.

....I...so...did...not...think...of that....
(that's what I'm talkin bout... :lol:)

gymfreak336

*grabs grapes and a little danish*

I have a group of products that I love so I stockpile these. These are things that I always have 3-4 extra on hand. For the things that I buy to experiment with, I only have one of them.

At any given time I have one of my main "stockpile" products actually under the sink in my bathroom. Then I have 2-3 of the new products under there as well. I won't bring anything else new in until I have tried one of the ones already in my bath room. I usually try something for atleast 4 washes to decide whether I like it or not.

I have two clear rubbermaid containers that I keep on the bottom of my closet. Not the huge ones but the medium sized ones. I keep all the backstock of my stockpile items in one container and all the new stuff in the other. In the stockpile box, everything is lined up according to what it is. EX. All the pantene masks are stacked together and all the VO5 is stacked together.

In the other box, I put all the new stuff. On the bottom of the lid of the container I have taped an envelope that I keep all the reciepts so if something doesn't work, I know exactly where they are. Now, if I have tried something and I didn't like but I wasn't going to take it back, I put it in a plastic grocery bag and put it back into this box. When a friend comes over or my bf little brothers need products, I give them what ever is in the plastic bags.

I keep all of my combs and styling tools in my bathroom in a little cup standing up underneath the sink. I keep my flat iron in the closet though. My sit under dryer stays in my living room closet on top of two pillows so when I need it, I just grab it and the pillows and set up on the couch.

MonaLisa

*grabs grapes and a little danish*

I have a group of products that I love so I stockpile these. These are things that I always have 3-4 extra on hand. For the things that I buy to experiment with, I only have one of them.

At any given time I have one of my main "stockpile" products actually under the sink in my bathroom. Then I have 2-3 of the new products under there as well. I won't bring anything else new in until I have tried one of the ones already in my bath room. I usually try something for atleast 4 washes to decide whether I like it or not.

I have two clear rubbermaid containers that I keep on the bottom of my closet. Not the huge ones but the medium sized ones. I keep all the backstock of my stockpile items in one container and all the new stuff in the other. In the stockpile box, everything is lined up according to what it is. EX. All the pantene masks are stacked together and all the VO5 is stacked together.

In the other box, I put all the new stuff. On the bottom of the lid of the container I have taped an envelope that I keep all the reciepts so if something doesn't work, I know exactly where they are. Now, if I have tried something and I didn't like but I wasn't going to take it back, I put it in a plastic grocery bag and put it back into this box. When a friend comes over or my bf little brothers need products, I give them what ever is in the plastic bags.

I keep all of my combs and styling tools in my bathroom in a little cup standing up underneath the sink. I keep my flat iron in the closet though. My sit under dryer stays in my living room closet on top of two pillows so when I need it, I just grab it and the pillows and set up on the couch.

I'm still trying to recover from you going out 3 in da morning to CVS for hair product....

then, I had to clutch my hair pearls one mo agin...

you have seamlessly incorporated pj'ism, distribution set-up, recordkeeping and charity....all in one functioning system...

Strange'! Strange' gurl!

*Applause!*

meaganita

Is that smoked lox and cream cheese I see on that tray?:lick::lol:

Welp, let's see.....I don't really have whole lotta storage space in my place. But, 3 shelves in my linen closet hold the holy grail of my hair product supply. Then I have a few drawers in my bathroom, one is dedicated to combs, brushes, ponytail holders, bobby pins, etc. The drawer underneath contains my crimper, curling iron, flat iron, blow dryer etc. Then I have a drawer with all my wig caps, satin bonnets, du-rags, and plastic caps. I also have the cabinet under the sink fully stocked with random hair products and old faithfuls. Then....:lol:.....I keep my hair wigs and pieces in my bottom dresser drawer, and my heavy duty appliances, like my hooded dryer in the hall closet. Whew wee!

gymfreak336

I'm still trying to recover from you going out 3 in da morning to CVS for hair product....

you have seamlessly incorporated pj'ism, distribution set-up, recordkeeping and charity....all in one functioning system...

Strange'! Strange' gurl!

*Applause!*

:happydance:Why thank you. I have way too much time on my hands :lol:

dlewis

Thanks for the grapes. I love green grapes.

I stack all conditioners, oils, poos, relaxer and hair washing related products in the bathroom cabinet, below the sink. Things that can be stacked are stacked on one side of the cabinet. Things that don't work are sent to LHCF friends or recycled. In the bathroom drawers are the combs and brushes I use daily or often. At least two bottles of conditioner and one bottle of poo is stored at the tub.

In my bedroom I brought one of those 6 drawer plastic sets from Walmart. I store my scarves, comb and brushes, hair accessories, rollers and curling irons there. I store rollers I don't use in trash bags that I store under my bed and in my closet. The top three drawers at the dresser is where I store additional scarves and headbands. And I also use the middle drawer of my nightstand.:spinning:

Indian powders are stored on the top shelf at the door to the freezer.

My daughter stuff in stored at her nightstand and in two plastic containers under her bed and one drawer at her dresser.

I think I have it figured out. My daughter said when we build our house we need to just have an at home salon/ utility room combination so that our stuff is in one location including a hair washing sink.:yep:

Last edited:

nicki6

My daughter said when we build our house we need to just have an at home salon/ utility room combination so that our stuff is in one location including a hair washing sink.:yep:

And so it begins...LHCF-the next generation:borgsmile:

***slides in and grabs the ENITRE container of olives:sekret:

Let's see. Here's my mental inventory:scratchch

I store 2 poos and 2 conditioners downtairs underneath a kitchen cabinet. My bath wash bowls are too awkward/small for me.

Downstairs bath is currently housing the Color Showers (Dk brown and Gold) that I just received Saturday:yay:

Master bath has 1 shelf with an assortment of products, mostly hair oils and accessories such as pins, combs, headbands and such. Things I use on a daily basis.

Inside my master closet, I have a small box that holds 2-3 hair pieces (ex. bun covers, phony ponies)

Middle bedroom closet has a 3-drawer rollabout that contain the fllowing:
Top drawer of that contains silk scarves, combs, prerelaxer do dads, plastic caps, and flat iron/ hot comb. curling iron

Middle drawer has deep condish treatments and Dominican products.

Botom drawer has assortment of shampoos, conditioners, and rinses.

Back bedroom top shelf holds 4 wigs. 2 on wig stands, 2 in plastic bags

Second upstairs bath has Keracare poo, silken seal and condish on counter. ALso Salerm 21 and a bottle of Suave Milk and Honey condish.

Underneath the sink is a half used bottle of MTG, a hair recipe for UBH deep condish, Lottabody setting lotion, and a big container of SIlicon Mix.

Damn, I need an INTERVENTION:afro:

I won't even mentioned all of the items I pulled aside today to take to our meeting in 3 weeks:sekret:

ETA: My precious....the Pibbs 514 Quik Dry is stored in the living room closet:angeldevi

Last edited:

DivaRox

Strange'! Strange' gurl!

*Applause!*

:grin:This was too funny ML-and yes that GF got her stuff down PAT!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I have 2 storage cabinets I put all of my products in, plus 2 rolling carts that I put all of my tools, appliances, and accessories in. I have 2 closets in my BR, so I put one storage cabinet in my main closet, and the other storage cabinet and my rolling carts in my other closet. My main storage cabinet has all of the products I use frequently. My other storage cabinet has overstock, like poos, conditioners, styling products, beauty products, etc. My SO thinks I don't have any scruples, so he calls me a "neat nut" from time to time :lachen:. I can't help it, I'm just a neat freak, so I have about 95% of everything in my home organized, and I'm working on organizing the rest. Like MonaLisa, I hate looking for stuff, so I have to store stuff so that I know exactly where to find it. I am always purchasing stuff, so my overstock storage cabinet is steadily accumulating stuff. Below is a link to my fotki that has some pics of my storage cabinet that I frequently use. I have pics of my other storage cabinet and rolling carts, but they're not posted yet, but I will post them soon.

Here's the link: http://public.fotki.com/snugglebear-princess/staples--other-prod/storagecabinet.html

MonaLisa

I have 2 storage cabinets I put all of my products in, plus 2 rolling carts that I put all of my tools, appliances, and accessories in. I have 2 closets in my BR, so I put one storage cabinet in my main closet, and the other storage cabinet and my rolling carts in my other closet. My main storage cabinet has all of the products I use frequently. My other storage cabinet has overstock, like poos, conditioners, styling products, beauty products, etc. My SO thinks I don't have any scruples, so he calls me a "neat nut" from time to time :lachen:. I can't help it, I'm just a neat freak, so I have about 95% of everything in my home organized, and I'm working on organizing the rest. Like MonaLisa, I hate looking for stuff, so I have to store stuff so that I know exactly where to find it. I am always purchasing stuff, so my overstock storage cabinet is steadily accumulating stuff. Below is a link to my fotki that has some pics of my storage cabinet that I frequently use. I have pics of my other storage cabinet and rolling carts, but they're not posted yet, but I will post them soon.

Here's the link: http://public.fotki.com/snugglebear-princess/staples--other-prod/storagecabinet.html

Am I the only one mad at the usage of "overstock" and "overstock storage cabinet?"

That is sounding hair product gangsta...

:lol:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Am I the only one mad at the usage of "overstock" and "overstock storage cabinet?"

That is sounding hair product gangsta...

:lol:

Girl, if you only knew!!! I came home one day after class and found SO going through my cabinets just cursing me out left and right........"Girl, what the hell do you need all this stuff for? Is it really that serious? You got some major issues and you need help. You might as well open up a damn beauty supply store with all this stuff in here. You better not be buying no more damn hair stuff.":lachen::lachen: All I could do was laugh my tail off. Little did he know that I caught him trying to sneak and use some of my stuff on his hair. I walked in on him in the shower only to find out he had done copped my Silk Elements Poo and Conditioner and was washing his hair with it!!! He had also grabbed my ORS Hair Lotion and was using it to put on his hair before he put his wave cap on. When I asked him what he was doing with MY stuff, he looked at me with a smirk on his face and said "What? I gotta keep my hair looking good and smelling good too".....:lachen::lachen:

dlewis

And so it begins...LHCF-the next generation:borgsmile:

***slides in and grabs the ENITRE container of olives:sekret:
ETA: My precious....the Pibbs 514 Quik Dry is stored in the living room closet:angeldevi

You have to start them young.:grin: